Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[ANY?] Advanced Parachute | *UPDATED 9.7.2017* | *VERSION 1.0*

Post New Thread Reply   

Cynep4o
Old 12-28-2017 , 09:27   Re: [ANY?] Advanced Parachute | *UPDATED 9.7.2017* | *VERSION 1.0*
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanapu View Post
I think it would be better when I help you to fix your error instead of compiling the file for you. So you and maybe others can learn from it.

When you say "I don't have direct access as it is on a Linux host machine", you know you can compile plugins on your computer instead of your gameserver? And it's easier than you think!

So, I assume you are on a windows computer, it doesn't matter when your gameserver is on linux.
  1. Download the latest version of sourcemod for windows here: http://www.sourcemod.net/downloads.php?branch=stable
  2. Extract it to a folder somewhere. In my example, I use "C:/compile"
  3. Download the latest version of the plugin here: https://github.com/ESK0/Advanced-Par...ive/master.zip
  4. Open it. Open next folder inside. Extract and merge the 'addons'-folder to your folder from above. In my example, "C:/compile"
  5. Go to "C:/compile/addons/sourcemod/scripting"
  6. Make your edits to 'AdvancedParachute.sp' and save them.
  7. Drag and drop 'AdvancedParachute.sp' onto 'compile.exe'
  8. Go to "C:/compile/addons/sourcemod/scripting/compiled"
  9. Move the 'AdvancedParachute.smx' to your server
  10. Profit!

Hope this was helpful
Yep, I'm aware of the basics, but I'm not that good at coding... this is as far as I got http://prntscr.com/htdjok
andrew13
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-09-2018 , 16:03   Re: [ANY?] Advanced Parachute | *UPDATED 9.7.2017* | *VERSION 1.0*
Reply With Quote #22

Any chance you can make these team specific? id like to block T's from using this (Zombie Mod)
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-15-2018 , 11:09   Re: [ANY?] Advanced Parachute | *UPDATED 9.7.2017* | *VERSION 1.0*
Reply With Quote #23

Started to climb the VAR, SV from the server when the players starts to use the parachute.

Before I did not have this problem, the server gets slick, now began to suffer lag.

What could it be?

I did not make any changes.

Last edited by paulo_crash; 02-23-2018 at 17:55.
hoycieto
Old 04-22-2018 , 09:40   Re: [ANY?] Advanced Parachute | *UPDATED 9.7.2017* | *VERSION 1.0*
Reply With Quote #24

Is possible to set this parachute work just on a few maps? for example it will be available on dust2 but not on mirage?
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-02-2018 , 21:21   Re: [ANY?] Advanced Parachute | *UPDATED 9.7.2017* | *VERSION 1.0*
Reply With Quote #25

Hint, you could add different parachute speed option for players with privileges, eg:
  • Unprivileged players would have fallspeed 100
  • Players with privileges would have the fallspeed 85

It would also be good if these speeds the players with root access could change without editing the source file, being able to change in the same CVAR.
Unban
Old 12-12-2018 , 18:22   Re: [ANY?] Advanced Parachute | *UPDATED 9.7.2017* | *VERSION 1.0*
Reply With Quote #26

i would like to ask, valve not ban my server for this plugin? thanks in advance
Send a message via Skype™ to Unban
freak.exe_uLow
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-13-2018 , 03:58   Re: [ANY?] Advanced Parachute | *UPDATED 9.7.2017* | *VERSION 1.0*
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unban View Post
i would like to ask, valve not ban my server for this plugin? thanks in advance
no, its a custom model there is no ban for that

Last edited by freak.exe_uLow; 12-13-2018 at 03:59.
freak.exe_uLow
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-13-2018 , 06:05   Re: [ANY?] Advanced Parachute | *UPDATED 9.7.2017* | *VERSION 1.0*
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_crash View Post
Started to climb the VAR, SV from the server when the players starts to use the parachute.

Before I did not have this problem, the server gets slick, now began to suffer lag.

What could it be?

I did not make any changes.
lul, i have the exact same problem...so i removed that today and the server var and sv is normal. So do you fix this problem on your server?

Last edited by freak.exe_uLow; 12-13-2018 at 06:06.
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-13-2018 , 10:16   Re: [ANY?] Advanced Parachute | *UPDATED 9.7.2017* | *VERSION 1.0*
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak.exe_uLow View Post
lul, i have the exact same problem...so i removed that today and the server var and sv is normal. So do you fix this problem on your server?
So I did the plugin setup again, and apparently the problem was solved.

In any case I believe that you still have this problem still, I am currently using the Parachute in the Store, it does not cause me problems regarding VAR and SV.

Regarding this version of the plugin, try to install only with its standard Parachutes, leave only a few to do the test and see if you have the problem.
freak.exe_uLow
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-13-2018 , 11:58   Re: [ANY?] Advanced Parachute | *UPDATED 9.7.2017* | *VERSION 1.0*
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_crash View Post
So I did the plugin setup again, and apparently the problem was solved.

In any case I believe that you still have this problem still, I am currently using the Parachute in the Store, it does not cause me problems regarding VAR and SV.

Regarding this version of the plugin, try to install only with its standard Parachutes, leave only a few to do the test and see if you have the problem.
k