Detect F2P / Non prime

Post New Thread Reply   

xm3kilo
Old 12-22-2018 , 05:09   Detect F2P / Non prime
Reply With Quote #1

I've seen that thread which this was posted:

PHP Code:
if (!SteamWorks_HasLicenseForApp(client624820)) { 
However.. will that return true if the client is free to play but is PRIME?

Or will it only return true if the client has paid for the game? And if that, how do we detect if they're prime even if they're F2P?

cheers
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 12-22-2018 , 14:42   Re: Detect F2P / Non prime
Reply With Quote #2

Thread "Prime status", and especially those posts:

Post #74
Post #82

where I quote from #82:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_crash View Post
I'm using the version suggested by root88 with some modifications that arne1288 suggested... So far no problems with it, I did not check the BUG they reported, no players contacted me to talk about it.

All the information you are asking for, is already out there.

The question is just, do you care to read them 100%, and follow them (and the documentation) 100%? If you do, things will also work 100% as they are supposed to.

Copy pasta may work fine, however, doing copy spaghetti from some bad sources (e.g. sources doing things "incorrectly") won't.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 12-22-2018 at 14:43.
kratoss1812
Old 12-22-2018 , 15:13   Re: Detect F2P / Non prime
Reply With Quote #3

sv_prime_account_only 1
Old 12-22-2018 , 19:54   Re: Detect F2P / Non prime
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratoss1812 View Post
sv_prime_account_only 1
Not after total server block

Quote:
The question is just, do you care to read them 100%, and follow them (and the documentation) 100%? If you do, things will also work 100% as they are supposed to.

Copy pasta may work fine, however, doing copy spaghetti from some bad sources (e.g. sources doing things "incorrectly") won't.
Isn't that literally what I was asking about? Also how is that documentation..? It's random comments on a thread.

Quote:
That's literally what I was asking? I said does this work, not everyone has enough free time to UAT relentlessly. You need an ego check.

The code literally states SteamWorks_HasLicenseForApp which to me doesn't make sense, since f2p prime shouldn't be a license(?), hence the thread.

Last edited by xm3kilo; 12-22-2018 at 19:55.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 12-22-2018 , 21:00   Re: Detect F2P / Non prime
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xm3kilo View Post
Isn't that literally what I was asking about? Also how is that documentation..? It's random comments on a thread.
And answering you in your thread won't be anything else but "random comments on a thread" either, so how is that going to be able to help you?

Quote:
That's literally what I was asking? I said does this work, not everyone has enough free time to UAT relentlessly. You need an ego check.
If you don't have the time to research your things, then don't bother at all.

Go use the Search function (and Google where you include "site:alliedmods.net") next time, and you would have found the numerous of threads saying the same already.

There's no reasons to create 26.327 different threads with the exact same question, within the same month.

Quote:
The code literally states SteamWorks_HasLicenseForApp which to me doesn't make sense, since f2p prime shouldn't be a license(?), hence the thread.
Look at the other thread, there's "explanation" you would have found if you did care to search, and to open you eyes.

The SteamWorks.inc file, also says there are three possible results to SteamWorks_HasLicenseForApp.

Maybe you can share how you would act on three different situations, when the way you compare it is only able to handle two different scenarios?

Searching and opening your eyes would have brought up all the results you needed, without the need for you to waste your time on writing, as well as waiting for an answer.

xm3kilo
Old 12-23-2018 , 00:24   Re: Detect F2P / Non prime
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
And answering you in your thread won't be anything else but "random comments on a thread" either, so how is that going to be able to help you?

If you don't have the time to research your things, then don't bother at all.

Go use the Search function (and Google where you include "site:alliedmods.net") next time, and you would have found the numerous of threads saying the same already.

There's no reasons to create 26.327 different threads with the exact same question, within the same month.

Look at the other thread, there's "explanation" you would have found if you did care to search, and to open you eyes.

The SteamWorks.inc file, also says there are three possible results to SteamWorks_HasLicenseForApp.

Maybe you can share how you would act on three different situations, when the way you compare it is only able to handle two different scenarios?

Searching and opening your eyes would have brought up all the results you needed, without the need for you to waste your time on writing, as well as waiting for an answer.
That's not a good attitude.

'If you don't have time to research then don't bother at all'

Coming from someone in a position such as yourself is very sad. An ego check is much needed.
Not everyone has disposable time to research every small and tiny detail when someone else may have the answer... As isn't that what research / this forum is for..? Sharing things?

And I'm right by the way, what I said is correct and you are wrong. I guess you wouldn't have known that if I didn't share?

Tisk tisk, this is the problem with programming circles such as alliedmodders / facepunch.

Last edited by xm3kilo; 12-23-2018 at 00:27.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 12-23-2018 , 01:46   Re: Detect F2P / Non prime
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
That's not a good attitude.
AlliedModders Rules, as well as every other forum on the Internet has the rule mentioned:

Quote:
Search before posting a question.

Quote:
'If you don't have time to research then don't bother at all'

Coming from someone in a position such as yourself is very sad. An ego check is much needed.
Not everyone has disposable time to research every small and tiny detail when someone else may have the answer... As isn't that what research / this forum is for..? Sharing things?
Or maybe an ego check is actually needed for you?

How come you can read it the 25th time that information is being shared, if you cannot read it the first 24?

If you did search, you would have found the many other threads and the information you wanted there.

Quote:
And I'm right by the way, what I said is correct and you are wrong. I guess you wouldn't have known that if I didn't share?
Maybe you want to be a little bit more clear?

Quote:
Tisk tisk, look at your behaviour.
Or maybe you should look at your behaviour too?

Search for the information.
Find the information (if available).
Use the available information.
If there are no information available, then make your post.

Forums are not about spoon-feeding or babysitting, or otherwise getting things served on a silver platter without doing a single thing yourself.

There are simply no helicopter parents on the Internet!

Quote:
To clarify this one a bit more:

App ID "624820" ("Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Full Edition") is a DLC of App ID 730 ("Counter-Strike: Global Offensive").

Just like App ID "459" ("Team Fortress 2 - Premium DLC") is a DLC of App ID 440 ("Team Fortress 2")

If the results equals "k_EUserHasLicenseResultHasLicense" for app id 459, if means you have acquired any packages that have the non-F2P version of Team Fortress 2 (e.g. Valve Complete).

Similar, if the results equals "k_EUserHasLicenseResultHasLicense" for 624820, it means you have the CS:GO DLC on your account, indicating that you have acquired the prime upgrade (or owns CS:GO from before the Danger Zone update).

The system works that way, by assigning you a license to an App ID for a DLC assigned to the game, although it is obviously not a "real" DLC, as you are not really downloading anything extra.