Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)

Post New Thread Reply   

JayXsane
Old 10-26-2010 , 23:51   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #441

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBr View Post
Sometimes when you change your model, appear a black thing instead a character when you press "Tab". Is this happend with you guys too? Is there a way to fix it?
No, as Mi has said it's a game issue not a plugin issue. People over at Valve are the only ones who can fix this issue, or an incredibly intelligent coder.
Send a message via Skype™ to JayXsane
Asakari
Old 10-29-2010 , 00:53   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #442

I want to be able to be a survivor infected and an infected with a survivor model, and the replacement plug-in suggested doesn't do these things.

This plugin used to, but is no longer featured. Please, tell me what version you removed this or set whatever variable you changed, back. This change is not even in the features list in the source code, it's just noted here.
JayXsane
Old 10-29-2010 , 10:17   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakari View Post
I want to be able to be a survivor infected and an infected with a survivor model, and the replacement plug-in suggested doesn't do these things.

This plugin used to, but is no longer featured. Please, tell me what version you removed this or set whatever variable you changed, back. This change is not even in the features list in the source code, it's just noted here.
Code:
// 1 = Can change character only. 2 = Change model only (look like the new character, but still your original character). 3 = Anybody can change character or model.
// -
// Default: "0"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "3.000000"
l4d_csm_infected_access "1"
But even then, if you open this up it opens for ALL players so if you have this open, take off the notification and enable Admin Only.
Asakari
Old 10-29-2010 , 16:57   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #444

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayXsane View Post
Code:
// 1 = Can change character only. 2 = Change model only (look like the new character, but still your original character). 3 = Anybody can change character or model.
// -
// Default: "0"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "3.000000"
l4d_csm_infected_access "1"
But even then, if you open this up it opens for ALL players so if you have this open, take off the notification and enable Admin Only.
I have had this value already set to three and the infected team still receives the message "survivor access only."
JayXsane
Old 10-29-2010 , 21:24   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #445

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakari View Post
I have had this value already set to three and the infected team still receives the message "survivor access only."
Hmm well, my config is set up the way it looks at the top of the page and admins can turn into all models and characters as well as choose for everyone else. Try that?
XD001
Old 10-31-2010 , 18:15   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #446

mi123645,

Any chance of uploading a version of CSM where you can manually spawn either the L4D1 or L4D2 bots via a console command?
pisdone
Old 11-01-2010 , 12:39   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #447

I'm having strange "disappear" problems with Bill; this happens olny in L4D2 campaigns. If I choose him, sometimes he disappears, meaning arms are invisible and I can only see the weapon "flying". But continuing to play, he re-appears and (again) disappears total randomly. Now, this never happened with previous csm versions as far as I know, while now I'm having it both with 2.5a and 2.5b. Though the other three L4D1 survivors work like a charm.
Could this be maybe an addons fault? Cos these days I've been installing some weapons skins (but NO survivors stuff)...pff -.- God damn u Bill!
JayXsane
Old 11-01-2010 , 14:19   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdone View Post
I'm having strange "disappear" problems with Bill; this happens olny in L4D2 campaigns. If I choose him, sometimes he disappears, meaning arms are invisible and I can only see the weapon "flying". But continuing to play, he re-appears and (again) disappears total randomly. Now, this never happened with previous csm versions as far as I know, while now I'm having it both with 2.5a and 2.5b. Though the other three L4D1 survivors work like a charm.
Could this be maybe an addons fault? Cos these days I've been installing some weapons skins (but NO survivors stuff)...pff -.- God damn u Bill!
I tried keeping quiet about this but I couldn't.
It's actually a Left4Dead 2 issue. It's been happening in both Left4Dead and Left4Dead 2 for as long as I can remember. It's an unnoticeable bug in the character coding that Valve refuses to fix BUT a user has manage to take that bug to an advantage in this plugin under "sm_colorplayer" by turning them "Invisible". It's common, so don't worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD001
mi123645,

Any chance of uploading a version of CSM where you can manually spawn either the L4D1 or L4D2 bots via a console command?
This is a Character Select/Change Plugin. As far as I know, there's no way to have more then 3 other bots in a campaign (7 in Versus) without another plugin to allow more bots. That being said, there might not be a way to directly spawn say 4 more bots during a campaign (since most servers only allow 8 players).

This plugin is only for Character Selecting and Changing. Spawning would be a whole other code.
pisdone
Old 11-01-2010 , 15:00   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #449

Ok nice to hear this, thanks Jay ;)
Really strange indeed, Bill (i dunno why and how lol) worked perfectly with, for example, csm version 2.2, I am sure about this. Misteries...
JayXsane
Old 11-01-2010 , 15:32   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #450

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdone View Post
Ok nice to hear this, thanks Jay ;)
Really strange indeed, Bill (i dunno why and how lol) worked perfectly with, for example, csm version 2.2, I am sure about this. Misteries...
Except Version 2.2 crashed on Linux based Servers, thus the updates. B works on Linux, that I know for sure.