Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

SourceMod has a new IDE!

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Basic-Master
Veteran Member
Old 12-24-2007 , 08:18   SourceMod has a new IDE!

Hello everyone,
I'm glad to say there's now a new IDE for SourceMod. Today I released Pawn Studio, a complete rewrite of AMXX-Studio with SourceMod support. You can find more information about it here. It supports auto-completition, call tips with doxygen parsing, auto-indentation and other, various features that make coding a lot easier. I hope you like it, feedback is always welcome.

Merry christmas!

Last edited by Basic-Master; 12-25-2007 at 17:23.
Send a message via ICQ to Basic-Master Send a message via MSN to Basic-Master
BAILOPAN
Old 12-24-2007 , 11:28   Re: SourceMod has a new IDE!

Congrats on getting this out!
Veteran Member
Old 12-24-2007 , 15:00   Re: SourceMod has a new IDE!

awesome man! bacon!
Veteran Member
Old 12-25-2007 , 06:39   Re: SourceMod has a new IDE!

Very neat...
Writes love letters to sawce Daily
Old 12-25-2007 , 12:04   Re: SourceMod has a new IDE!

Most of the bugtesting that I did was for the SourcePawn code side of PStudio, and I probably did not get all of the bugs. It's kinda difficult to bug-test new versions every day w/ a tight school schedule. That being said, I hope I grabbed as many of the bugs as I could in the 7 months of testing and releases that Basic-Bacon here gave me.

A few notes from a helpful tester though:

1) Make sure that your baconization's are working properly. If you would like to submit a baconization, please send a link to it as a PM in my inbox for further review. Baconizations are under the Help menu.

2) BE SURE TO SET YOUR COMPILERS BEFORE CODING. If you are finding some features aren't working, this is most likely why. Calltips and so forth will pop provided your compilers are set and your include files are in the right place. With the past few versions I have NOT had any issues with these.

3) We have not had this happen lately, but because this is a Release candidate version, please keep this in the back of your head. If the program suddenly "hangs" for a few seconds, completely randomly, as you are typing code, and then kinda slows down incrementally as you are typing, you need to do two things for us. First, hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and check and see if your memory usage for PStudio is out of whack (your CPU is most likely at 99-100%), and second, remember what you were doing when the hang occurred. Re-write the EXACT same set of code you were writing and see if it occurs again. If it does, come on into IRC (see below).

If you need MAJOR support w/ PStudio, come to irc.gamesurge.net #gaben. You can find myself and Basic-Master (when he is online) in there, as well as some other alpha-testers who have been working with the builds as they have been coming out. I'll offer what support I can, as well as help in reproducing bugs, flagging down Basic-Master if he isn't in the channel, and any other odds and ends relating to ONLY PStudio!!

Just remember that Basic-Master is only human...so be sure to harp on every fault and screw up he makes in programming this thing as much as possible!
Now replace the word "good" with "dumb".
What was your rationale for proposing such a thing?
TFN|Nick
Old 12-25-2007 , 17:27   Re: SourceMod has a new IDE!

very nice! This helps no end for a n00b like me
Send a message via MSN to TFN|Nick
FatGamer.net
Old 12-27-2007 , 17:22   Re: SourceMod has a new IDE!

Sweet

Can you post any screenshots so we don't have to download it all to see what it looks like and what not?
Basic-Master
Veteran Member
Old 12-29-2007 , 11:41   Re: SourceMod has a new IDE!

Screenshots can be found on the Pawn Studio Project Page.
Basic-Master
Veteran Member
Old 01-02-2008 , 07:30   Re: SourceMod has a new IDE!

Hello everyone,
I have just released Pawn Studio 0.8.1. This release fixes most of the reported issues, I recommend everyone to upgrade ASAP. A complete changelog can be found on the projects page. If you find any other bugs, please PM me and tell me how you can reproduce that and include the bug report if you get one

What's left to do for 1.0? In the next release I'll add project files and a new generator API which allows users to develop and share their own generators. I might enhance the code inspector as well if there is any interest in it.

I hope you like the new release, feedback and donations are very welcome

Oh, and before I forget, happy new year!
KMFrog
Old 01-03-2008 , 09:42   Re: SourceMod has a new IDE!

Wow, nice work
cant wait to test the auto-competition