Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] TFDodgeball

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-16-2010 , 13:01   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #5

This was meant to be above my previous post, hit preview instead of submit by accident .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonshadow View Post
dodgeball?

Dodgeball?!

DODGEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL!
In Allied Forums Balls Dodge You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
It didn't mess it up at all. Voogru just preferred to give players backburners with added airblast instead of giving them flamethrowers. The backburners he used turned invisible after the update.
Yes, this plugin forces the attributes to be the same for both the Backburner and Flamethrower (so they work identically) but does not force a specific one on you.

And now, some info for mappers:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflikted
I see two essential ones, the two info_target for rocket_spawn_blue and rocket_spawn_red
Yes, these are the only 2 that are required.

Quote:
But I also see other entities sentryrocket_filter, projectile_filter. I haven't look at the map in game, but I am guessing it's some sort of invisible wall for blocking the rockets? Which doesn't make much sense.
The spawn room is open to the map, as I found with doors people ran back under cover, and with it totally exposed, you can die before being ready to play. I have a trigger_multiple to kill the rockets in case they enter the spawn (what the filters are for) and a trigger_push to prevent people from camping just inside the barrier and ABing the rockets.

Quote:
I also remember in voogru's version the map had to be an arena map to trigger the start of dodgeball. Is this the case for this particular version or we don't have to define it as arena?
No, you could literally play CP / CTF / KotH at the same time (not sure on arena), KotH could actually be really interesting.
The rockets start after Setup time and end at map change / beginning of the next round.