Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Automatically updating Source/Metamod without its own auto-updater

Post New Thread Reply   

Astinox
Old 04-11-2023 , 11:28   Automatically updating Source/Metamod without its own auto-updater
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys!

Weird request. We're running a small hosting service which features your casual gameserver. However, gameservers are shared between multiple users. That means that one user may use different configurations than the other.

We're constantly moving files in and out of servers because of that. We do have one CS:GO main installation, however that one is never ran and only offers updated files.

I went through the docs to check if there is anyway to run automatic upgrades without actually running a CS:GO server on it (seems like it is not possible, or am I missing something?). I also found the following URL to check for updates, but I don't know the correct parameters I may have to provide: http://update.sourcemod.net/update/

Due to our main CS:GO files never being ran as a server, there is no way to "AutoUpdate" through SourceMod itself (and would it include Metamod as an update as well, or do we have to update that as well?)

Thanks for the help!