Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

mrbernieee
Old 10-22-2006 , 08:27   Re: Server redirection

Works great for me cs 1.6 Thanks for your hard work!

[DEATH MATCH ! Dust2]
address=205.134.225.241
port=27015
cmdbackup=5

[DEATH MATCH ! Dust]
address=66.150.188.148
port=27015
mikeyD
Old 10-22-2006 , 18:21   Re: Server redirection

nice landscape shot
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 10-23-2006 , 05:19   Re: Server redirection

after leaving the train i walk over some field path. that's where i took the picture, because i thought the sky was looking nice.
BANNED
Old 10-23-2006 , 12:28   Re: Server redirection

server.cfg
Code:
// REDIRECT
redirect_active 1
redirect_auto 1
redirect_manual 1
redirect_follow 0
redirect_check_method 2
redirect_show 1
redirect_announce_mode 2
redirect_adminslots 2
redirect_maxadmins 0
I removed adminslots.amxx, I have maxplayers 24, amxx 1.76. and newest beta version of redirect plugin and auto redirection still doesn't work.

It just comes to 22/22 and if I am ordinary player it says "Server Full" but I want it to auto redirct me. Also enyone can connect to full server via console "connect IP".

Is maybe the problem that only my server has this plugin and non other from the list? Note that manual redirect with /server does redirect me to other server that has no such plugin
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 10-23-2006 , 15:52   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_bus View Post
server.cfg
Code:
// REDIRECT
redirect_active 1
redirect_auto 1
redirect_manual 1
redirect_follow 0
redirect_check_method 2
redirect_show 1
redirect_announce_mode 2
redirect_adminslots 2
redirect_maxadmins 0
I removed adminslots.amxx, I have maxplayers 24, amxx 1.76. and newest beta version of redirect plugin and auto redirection still doesn't work.

It just comes to 22/22 and if I am ordinary player it says "Server Full" but I want it to auto redirct me. Also enyone can connect to full server via console "connect IP".

Is maybe the problem that only my server has this plugin and non other from the list? Note that manual redirect with /server does redirect me to other server that has no such plugin
now you say you have maxplayers 24 and then you say you get a maximum of 22/22 players. that sounds suspicious to me, because once you said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_bus
I want to have 24 slots for players and 2 reserverd slots for admins. So players do not see 2 res slots so they can be redirected, but for admins to be able to join.
you seem to still have the 2 reserved slots, which would explain the 22/22 situation when it's 24 maxslots. when you really disabled the adminslots.amxx, maybe you have some other slot reservation plugin?
possiblity 2 is you have 24 slots and sv_visiblemaxplayers set to 22. this would cause exactly your situation, as the plugin uses the real maxslots and does not care for your visiblemaxplayers setting.

if you want 2 reserved slots, set:
Code:
maxslots 24
sv_visiblemaxplayers -1 (so the real maxslots are visible instead of some fake value)
redirect_adminslots 1
redirect_maxadmins 2

and in serverlist.ini for all servers set adminslots=1
your current setting redirect_adminslots 2 does not make sense. redirect_adminslots can only be 0 or 1, read the description.

Last edited by xOR; 10-23-2006 at 15:57.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 10-23-2006 , 16:23   Re: admin slots

i know it's not that easy to understand, so i feel like i need to clear this up once again:

there are 2 philosophies of how you can make sure your admins can always play no matter how full the server is:
  1. keep the amount of slots you want to reserve clear of normal users every time, let only admins use them

advantages:
    • no player needs to be kicked (sent away) when an admin joins
    disadvantages:
    • you can't have more admins than the amount of slots that are reserved
    • you waste slots for every slot that is not used by an admin - remember the server ALWAYS reserves resources for it's slots, regardless of if they are used or not, furthermore rented gameservers are payed by slots (more slots = more expensive)
    • you have inconsistent max users - players might come to your server because they like small servers (10 slots) and play with 10 slots there and then the other day all your admins are there and the server suddenly has 14 players - this can have a strong effect on the gameplay
    • many hide the admin slots, so people might get annoyed because they are fooled to connect to the server and go through the process of connecting, downloading and precaching just to be dropped with a message that there is no free slot in the end
  2. don't keep slots clear, but kick(redirect away) players when an admin joins

advantages:
    • no slot waste
    • unlimited number of admins (but still with the option to limit it with maxadmins if you like)
    • consistent maxusers
    • people are not fooled into joining the server although there is no free slot for them
    disadvantages:
    • a player needs to be kicked (sent away) for an admin coming on the server

the redirection plugin works like option 2.
the two philosophies are not compatible to each other. i had to make a decision and i decided to use option 2, because there is already a plugin shipped with AMXX that works like 1. and because i don't like the disadvantages of option 1.

as other adminslots plugins following option 1 you only have the two possibilities of either using the redirection plugin with 2 or not using redirection plugin and using the other plugin for the reserved slots.

maybe to create the compatibility to 1 it would help if i added redirect_maxslots, which the plugin would use as reference for maximum players. i will think about it.

i welcome every discussion, question or idea about this problem, just post your thoughts.

Last edited by xOR; 11-06-2006 at 18:03.
cyds.dAvE
Old 10-26-2006 , 08:01   Re: Server redirection

L 10/26/2006 - 15:030: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "serverredirect-beta.amxx")
L 10/26/2006 - 15:030: [AMXX] Run time error 4: index out of bounds
L 10/26/2006 - 15:030: [AMXX] [0] phpBz9nkR.sma::welcome_message (line 165

What is it?

Web: http://cs.esport.lv
Forum: http://cs.esport.lv/forum
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2006 , 16:45   Update to 0.9.1b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyds.dAvE View Post
L 10/26/2006 - 15:030: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "serverredirect-beta.amxx")
L 10/26/2006 - 15:030: [AMXX] Run time error 4: index out of bounds
L 10/26/2006 - 15:030: [AMXX] [0] phpBz9nkR.sma::welcome_message (line 165

What is it?
the problem is fixed and the plugin was updated to 0.9.1b. it didn't really do any harm other than displaying this annoying messages, so it's not too critical. still noone will want to have tons of error logs, so i encourage everyone with 0.9.0b to update.
the cause for this was that also to players that have not been redirected to the server the plugin tried to display the welcome message (which is dedicated for players that were redirected only).

for the translation 3 languages are still missing, i hope i will get them soon.
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2006 , 10:32   Re: Server redirection

Im having some problems with the HUd on the top showing the servers to show up actually every 60 seconds.

// REDIRECT
redirect_active 1
redirect_auto 1
redirect_manual 1
redirect_follow 0
redirect_check_method 2
redirect_show 1
redirect_announce_mode 3
redirect_adminslots 0
redirect_maxadmins 0

[24/7 Death Match 32 Slot]
address=66.225.194.107
port=27017
cmdbackup=5

[24/7 Dust2 Server #2 32 Slot]
address=8.9.16.195
port=27015
cmdbackup=5

EDIT: Also when I type /server, it gives me the servers, and everything, but on the bottom where it says To press 9, it gives me ML_NOTFOUND MSG_MORE.

Last edited by Silver Dragon; 10-27-2006 at 10:35.
Send a message via AIM to Silver Dragon Send a message via MSN to Silver Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Dragon
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2006 , 12:58   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Dragon View Post
Im having some problems with the HUd on the top showing the servers to show up actually every 60 seconds.
and what are the problems you have? do you want a different display frequency? does it display wrong or not at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Dragon View Post
EDIT: Also when I type /server, it gives me the servers, and everything, but on the bottom where it says To press 9, it gives me ML_NOTFOUND MSG_MORE.
did you update your language file? you need to download redirect-beta.txt and don't forget that you need to rename it to redirect.txt. MSG_MORE is one of the new items that the old language file does not provide.