Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 10-27-2008 , 12:38   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Hehe, good decision. You set your priorities, and this is fine

Jfyi, setting redirect_check_method 1 "fixes" the problem, at least you can redirect yourself again.

niculaie
Old 10-27-2008 , 15:12   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

works just fine for me for the moment, redirect_check_method 1 shows servers that are online, and can redirect.
waitind for the new method implement, so can see also plaiers/map.
Great plugin, btw.
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2008 , 20:31   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

as expected i almost had no time. i did make some progress but there is still a lot to do. unlike today i will be at home much earlier tomorrow, maybe then i will be able to finish it.
gn8 everyone
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2008 , 21:37   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

finally the whole code for the new parsing is finished and xREDIRECT successfully compiled without compiler warnings a minute ago, including support for both the old HL1 and "goldsource" as well as the new source protocol.

i implemented what my draft said and the whole conception for the future makes it much easier to add support for new protocols (and new values from existing ones, e.g. the number of bots). so the next time something in the protocol changes - that includes major modifications like the whole switch to a new protocol we had this time - i can be much faster providing an update. also it is so easy that "foreign" protocols could easily be included so you could, say, show information about quake engine based servers (which isn't even so foreign in the end, as the halflife protocol once derived from the quake protocol). of course then this would only be informational, redirecting there would never be possible.
along with the release i will explain the main idea behind the concept, for now this is all i will say.

of course this is only my personal first alpha version and i don't have time anymore to do a test run, it's already pretty late. the first test ALWAYS fails - and if it does not it is very suspicious and you can be sure there is something wrong which you just don't see. so i won't release that yet but start tests tomorrow and make the necessary corrections until it's working stable for me and then provide you an alpha version.

for those new to the problem discussions: the current workaround for the existing versions is to set redirect_check_method 1

Last edited by xOR; 10-28-2008 at 21:40.
Lt Llama
Old 10-29-2008 , 03:55   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Very good news, your gf can be proud of you . Thanks for taking the time.
I know this is off topic but is there an easy way fixing our php server status pages based on your finidings? Mine is based on phgstats and it just freeze and eventually shows a HL2 pic and servers without players. So I suppose they are not responding. Just curious if there is a simple fix I could to.

I fully understand if you don't want to support phgstats to, as you have enough with Xredirect, so just ignore this if thats so. But if it's just as simple as "change x to y" and it works maybe? One thing I know is that the game type is changed, no more "m" for HL1 mods, but instead they return "I" for HL2.

Anyway, great work. Looking forward to your fix.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2008 , 12:13   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Llama View Post
Very good news, your gf can be proud of you . Thanks for taking the time.
I know this is off topic but is there an easy way fixing our php server status pages based on your finidings? Mine is based on phgstats and it just freeze and eventually shows a HL2 pic and servers without players. So I suppose they are not responding. Just curious if there is a simple fix I could to.

I fully understand if you don't want to support phgstats to, as you have enough with Xredirect, so just ignore this if thats so. But if it's just as simple as "change x to y" and it works maybe? One thing I know is that the game type is changed, no more "m" for HL1 mods, but instead they return "I" for HL2.

Anyway, great work. Looking forward to your fix.
i am a little confused about that myself.
originally the old HL protocol had type "m". when steam came out they started to call the engine behind the protocol goldsource but the protocol stayed the same.
but this time the change is bigger, they switched the old HL1 engine to use the source protocol, which displays as type "I" and has a completely different format. so only changing that character won't help you, the whole protocol parsing has to be rewritten. so it's exactly the same situation i am facing with xREDIRECT now.

so actually i believe it would be enough to use a script that was made for source servers instead. although by now i am not 100% sure whether the specifications at that valve wiki are really up to date. rumour has it they broke some stuff there. i didn't check myself yet, as i said i will run first tests this late evening.

Last edited by xOR; 10-29-2008 at 19:56.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2008 , 20:11   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

the tests lead to some changes again and now i am currently alpha testing (with the help of some other people) what i think is close to become the release version.
looks like we're on schedule here
if you want to take part in alpha testing you can come to IRC, look at the "location" information next to my avatar picture for information on where you can find me.

EDIT: great, my board status just went up to "Veteran Member" \o/

Last edited by xOR; 10-29-2008 at 20:14.
niFe
Old 10-29-2008 , 21:02   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
the tests lead to some changes again and now i am currently alpha testing (with the help of some other people) what i think is close to become the release version.
looks like we're on schedule here
if you want to take part in alpha testing you can come to IRC, look at the "location" information next to my avatar picture for information on where you can find me.

EDIT: great, my board status just went up to "Veteran Member" \o/
lol congrats xOR! You deserve it
Old 10-29-2008 , 21:49   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

He should also get Excellent karma for being the #1 plugin supporter, as to his circumstances, he still strives for excellence

Which we all very much appreciate, very much. I dunno what I would do without this plugin personally
Old 10-29-2008 , 22:17   xREDIRECT - 1.0.3b released, server querying fixed!

i just released xREDIRECT v1.0.3b which is supposed to fix the server querying. the first alpha tests immediately worked. i ran it on my NS server (same protocol as CS 1.6 and other HL1 mods) and from there successfully queried 1. another NS server, 2. a CS 1.5 server, 3. a CS 1.6 server, 4. a CS:Source server - within one list. another alpha tester had the plug-in running perfectly on his 4 CS 1.6 servers.
yes, you've read that right: as a side effect of the new protocol being the same of source servers xREDIRECT can now also query source servers (but not redirect there ofc, if you add a source server set noauto and nomanual for them).

it's late, i will write a little bit more about what these changes include and what i will do with that in the future (bot detection? only redirect to same mod? these things are much easier to implement now...) some other time. for now just test the new version and report any issues you see. i am here and ready to do more fixes if necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niFe View Post
lol congrats xOR! You deserve it
many thanks <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann_420 View Post
He should also get Excellent karma for being the #1 plugin supporter, as to his circumstances, he still strives for excellence

Which we all very much appreciate, very much. I dunno what I would do without this plugin personally
this is especially great when spoken out by the maintainer of one of the most important AMXX plug-ins around (much more important than xREDIRECT for it is only geared towards the much smaller group of admins having more than one server). many thanks for the motivating words.