Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Looking for coder/community leader

Post New Thread Reply   

medic917
Old 09-17-2014 , 03:15   Looking for coder/community leader
Reply With Quote #1

Chances are noone is interested, but just in case someone is, I have a tf2 idle funmod server that has usually about 15 players on average during the day.

I started this server last week, and I am in need of someone who would enjoy the server and be a community leader. However I would also love someone who can do some sourcemod coding for me as well.

I thought this would be great for less experienced/new coders who have great tf2 plugin ideas and wanted to test out their plugins and implement it into a server he helps run a small community in (basically a community of friends).

My only admin is a friend of mine, but he is fairly young and also do not have many friends or is as proactive in making new ones. However he is mature for his age and I known him for almost 3 years.

Please pm me on allied modders if you are interested!

I saw some posts like this in this section of the forums, please let me know if this is against the rules
medic917
Old 09-17-2014 , 03:19   Re: Looking for coder/community leader
Reply With Quote #2

a little about me I ran sourcemod servers since 2012 and ran few gaming communities since then. Been off and on due to issues with family and also money, but now things are doing well and will be active till I die > or probably when I get into a grad school if I do in 3 years or so, but even then the group will be running.

I care mostly about spending time with my gaming friends and usually is known to be the most understanding and friendly guy. Most if not all of my friends in the group is the same.

Last edited by medic917; 09-17-2014 at 03:20.
DJ Data
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-17-2014 , 11:26   Re: Looking for coder/community leader
Reply With Quote #3

What kind of plugins do you need made?
Old 09-17-2014 , 14:27   Re: Looking for coder/community leader
Reply With Quote #4

Just one that help give players an incentive to participate with our group. Many players I meet that end up joining our Teamspeak for example stay since they enjoy the company. I want to have plugins like Xenforo forum integration, teamspeak integration, and store plugin fixes and such.

I don't expect new coders to be able to do this, and also most coders will require a fee for plugins like these (which I am willing to save money for). The only issue is that I don't feel comfortable paying people not until I get to know them for couple of months or so.

Despite this topic, I am more than happy to make friends, and if a friend is a new coder who would like to have my tf2 server as a practice/test server and also be a community leader for my tf2 server, I'll be more than happy to help him.
DJT
Old 09-18-2014 , 06:46   Re: Looking for coder/community leader
Reply With Quote #5

Not to many coders do stuff for free.
Jammy
Old 09-18-2014 , 13:11   Re: Looking for coder/community leader
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJT View Post
This is true for the most part. It used to be more people willing to help out on small stuff here and there, but now everyone wants at least $40 to write basic/simple plugins. Good luck with your request!

Last edited by Jammy; 09-18-2014 at 13:12.
DJ Data
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-18-2014 , 16:15   Re: Looking for coder/community leader
Reply With Quote #7

I have a membersystem on my servers, but its not for sale, sorry.
Veteran Member
Old 09-18-2014 , 23:16   Re: Looking for coder/community leader
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy View Post
This is true for the most part. It used to be more people willing to help out on small stuff here and there, but now everyone wants at least $40 to write basic/simple plugins. Good luck with your request!
I would not say that is true at all. Most people will link existing code/plugins that do what people want if it is already available. If someone wants something custom made (or changed) and it is trivial, most people will post the change or just tell them how to do it.

As for your prices, I don't know who you have been talking to, but that seems rather high to me as far as fair time compensation goes.

Last edited by friagram; 09-18-2014 at 23:17.
medic917
Old 09-20-2014 , 21:14   Re: Looking for coder/community leader
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJT View Post
I agree, but just to be clear I am not asking people to do coding for me for free (not desperate in other words XD).

I'm just offering help to young coders and despite coding, I am looking for friends.

Finding good people who actually give a **** about others is a rare breed in the gaming community in my opinion, so I always look around for people who needs a solid group of friends to game with.

I didn't want to make it off topic, so I also included the offer for young coders.

Tnx for the offer and wishes guys, and I also do some code editing myself (not to bad for a complete novice!), and get most of the stuff I need to run a server effectively. It's just not something that I enjoy since I want a career in education or health care, but I still do it since I grew up gaming and it means something to me.

I got a pm from someone who offered friendship & help so I am glad I made this thread!!!
medic917
Old 09-20-2014 , 21:18   Re: Looking for coder/community leader
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
I would not say that is true at all. Most people will link existing code/plugins that do what people want if it is already available. If someone wants something custom made (or changed) and it is trivial, most people will post the change or just tell them how to do it.

As for your prices, I don't know who you have been talking to, but that seems rather high to me as far as fair time compensation goes.

I've had people offer me really good plugins for 30-50 dollars.
Depending how much I trust the person who is in need of money for a plugin, I do purchase from them or I decline.

I'm thankful to those in allied modders who make their plugins free and share the sourcecode, since that helps others learn or even edit plugins to fit their gaming needs.

If anyone needs someone to do custom coding from them, I have a handful of people who is in need of coding jobs, and I can ask them if they are available to do another!