Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Random Class + Random Weapons

Post New Thread Reply   

wylker
Old 07-02-2009 , 10:01   [TF2] Random Class + Random Weapons
Reply With Quote #1

I put this over in general, but it seems this might be a better place for it.

Looking for a fun game mode, where every time you die you get assigned a random class and get your weapon slots filled with random weapons. It would only assign weapons you had unlocked.

This exists, but is being done privately and the author doesn't seem inclined to release it any time soon.

I assume it may be slightly more complicated than a script, and may take its own extension, but I really don't have the foggiest idea

There is a possibility of a commission on the project if anyone can seriously get it done.
FuhrerMike
Old 07-04-2009 , 00:55   Re: [TF2] Random Class + Random Weapons
Reply With Quote #2

I will second a request for this, it shouldn't be too hard to make as long as there's a simple way to force a weapon on any class.
noodleboy347
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-04-2009 , 01:40   Re: [TF2] Random Class + Random Weapons
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuhrerMike View Post
I will second a request for this, it shouldn't be too hard to make as long as there's a simple way to force a weapon on any class.
There's already a plugin for that but they can't find the new offsets so it's broken.

I would love this plugin, though.
Jindo
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-04-2009 , 03:35   Re: [TF2] Random Class + Random Weapons
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodleboy347 View Post
There's already a plugin for that but they can't find the new offsets so it's broken.
Ironically, I have a Melee Only Sudden Death plugin on my server, which was broken by the update, the break causes players to spawn with a set random class using the weapons of the class they were previously playing as.

I think any plugin that forces a player to change class will have them spawn as that class but with their old weapons* (going to a respawn locker fixes this however), it's a start for what the OP is trying to achieve.

* Assuming that the updates really have broken things and a work around hasn't been found yet
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-04-2009 , 13:01   Re: [TF2] Random Class + Random Weapons
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jindo View Post
Ironically, I have a Melee Only Sudden Death plugin on my server, which was broken by the update, the break causes players to spawn with a set random class using the weapons of the class they were previously playing as.

I think any plugin that forces a player to change class will have them spawn as that class but with their old weapons* (going to a respawn locker fixes this however), it's a start for what the OP is trying to achieve.

* Assuming that the updates really have broken things and a work around hasn't been found yet
If you're talking about my plugin, I fixed that a while ago. You should make sure you have the newest version.
Theme97
Old 07-05-2009 , 03:06   Re: [TF2] Random Class + Random Weapons
Reply With Quote #6

It's a SourceMod script combined with modified CTX files (unnecessary, but it fixes some bugs).

I'm considering releasing it, but not at this time.

bl4nk: Are structs working? I'd like to use those instead of uploading CTX files.
Jindo
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-05-2009 , 08:57   Re: [TF2] Random Class + Random Weapons
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4nk View Post
If you're talking about my plugin, I fixed that a while ago. You should make sure you have the newest version.
I have, before I updated, it was spawning random classes with random melee-only weapons, I think the problem is the server's fault, not yours , I've had issues running several plugins on my public server, all of which work fine on my private server.
FuhrerMike
Old 07-05-2009 , 21:15   Re: [TF2] Random Class + Random Weapons
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodleboy347 View Post

I would love this plugin, though.
I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about this addon, which isn't public

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr1i1FlKSV4

So the offsets exist, someone just needs to find them on here.
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 07-05-2009 , 21:23   Re: [TF2] Random Class + Random Weapons
Reply With Quote #9

Currently, there is a plugin that can give you other class's weapons, originally created by blank. you'll want fryen's version of the plugin, as it sets ammo properly http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...1&postcount=44 and and the txt file from here http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=105
Old 07-06-2009 , 10:16   Re: [TF2] Random Class + Random Weapons
Reply With Quote #10

Bump, again I am willing to pay for someone to put this together