Sockets license

Post New Thread Reply   

DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 01-31-2021 , 07:45   Re: Sockets license
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parol23 View Post
I am not providing any source, i want to secure my server to put a license on socket on amxx's. It is only for my server's plugins xd
Are you concerned somebody might steal your plugins that are exclusive to your server off the internet or what is going on here?

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 01-31-2021 at 07:46.
Parol23
Old 01-31-2021 , 07:59   Re: Sockets license
Reply With Quote #12

I had a WarSystem plugin for 1.9.0 amxx version. It is complex, i worked a lot on it. And host members, stoled amxx, decompiled, made another advertisments and sell it. I left that host, but now, before i buy another one, i want to "license" the plugins.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 01-31-2021 , 09:56   Re: Sockets license
Reply With Quote #13

When licensing have you tried copyleft? Licensing should not be confused or freely interchanged with copy protection.
Old 01-31-2021 , 10:26   Re: Sockets license
Reply With Quote #14

For me licensing, is a protection for my plugins. I asked for help, not anything. It is urgent..
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 01-31-2021 , 16:50   Re: Sockets license
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
I had a WarSystem plugin for 1.9.0 amxx version. It is complex, i worked a lot on it. And host members, stoled amxx, decompiled, made another advertisments and sell it. I left that host, but now, before i buy another one, i want to "license" the plugins.
Sounds like you need to get a reputable host and not some random guy on the internet.

Also, how do you know they didn't just write the entire thing from scratch? Decompiling a complex plugin basically means you have to re-write it anyways. Some basic techniques used by a plugin could probably be deduced from the decompiler output but you don't get working code from it.
Old 01-31-2021 , 16:52   Re: Sockets license
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
For me licensing, is a protection for my plugins. I asked for help, not anything. It is urgent..
No amount of copy protection nullifies need for license. If code is not shared in some fashion then who is tell who made what first? Once plugin is decompiled and there is no license inside there is no restriction. The license is a statement that protects the software.
Old 01-31-2021 , 17:55   Re: Sockets license
Reply With Quote #17

Can we please talk only about to help me? We alreadychave 2 pages... If you want to do only posts is useless for me...
Old 01-31-2021, 18:09
JocAnis
This message has been deleted by JocAnis.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 01-31-2021 , 22:43   Re: Sockets license
Reply With Quote #18

You've been given all the components that you need. If you wrote a very complex plugin then you can do this simple part and you get to do it exactly how you want it to work.

The plugin by Bugsy that I pointed you to has two methods, using sockets and using the curl module. There are some existing include files that make sending a query to a web server simpler including HTTP, HTTP2, HTTP:X. However, curl is probably the most reliable method to use since a wrapper for the libcurl library that is used in many applications.

Last edited by fysiks; 01-31-2021 at 22:55.