3.4.5.7a
Plugin Category:
All
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    کkצ !rpg rewritten from the ground up for the new transitional syntax, supporting SM1.11+
    Old 03-06-2024 , 05:11   [L4D2] کkצ !rpg XP/Leveling/Loot v3.4.5.7a - Updated 3/26/2024
    Reply With Quote #1

Description

RPG Maker is a data-driven RPG plugin for Left 4 Dead 2, utilizing a giant parser, which reads a bunch of different config files and interprets them, essentially providing a shell with a bunch of parameters, allowing you to create the RPG of your dreams (within some reason) without ever having to write a single line of code -- though support for expansion plugins to extend the functionality of talents does exist via IPC native/forward calls, and will be covered in a later post.

There's a ton of features, and the best way to be overwhelmed is to just watch this short, five-minute video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2082743636

Most features of RPG Maker 2 can be disabled/enabled as you see fit.

Requirements/Dependencies

RPG Maker still requires Ready Up ( https://github.com/exSkye/rpgmaker2/...y)/ReadyUp-8.x ) and I don't see myself ever removing this dependency, as it provides many important natives/forwards to greatly-extend the amount of events that occur in l4d2. This version is still on old syntax, but is running perfectly-fine on my server, which runs the latest version of SM. I will, however, be porting Ready Up to the new syntax in the near future for uniformity.

SM Lib - I use this for custom chat/text colours that are otherwise unavailable.
    Left 4 DHooks
    l4d_stocks.inc (/include/ is found in the archive included on this page.)

A MySQL database is required even if localhost. SQLite is not supported, and I have no plans to add support for it, though if you do and would like it merged into the official code branch, please open a ticket on the github page.

Github

I will try to keep regular updates here, but don't forget to always check the github for the latest updates just in case, and if you need to post any issues/bugs that need fixing, it is preferred that you do it on github tickets so that it is all in one place.

https://github.com/exSkye/rpgmaker2/...RPGMaker2/v3.x

I'm sure there's something I forgot to post, since it's super late, I'm super baked, and I've been coding non-stop for many hours... many, many hours. Remind me, or I'll remember later and add it.

You can connect to the server and test out the plugin running the exact version of the files that are in the archive/posted on the github, here: http://skyrpg.org - click the server, then click 'connect' on the drop-down, or alternatively connect skyrpg.org in console.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask, and I'll attempt to answer them.
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip RPGMaker_v3.4.5.5_Mar22_2024.zip (751.8 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by Skyy; 03-27-2024 at 12:40. Reason: update to v3.4.5.7a - versus support added
    Skyy
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 03-10-2024 , 09:13   Re: [L4D2 (Any Source)] RPG Maker 2 - v3.x - Supporting SM1.11+
    Reply With Quote #2

Version update history will be posted here.

March 16, 2024
    Code:
    Version 3.4.5.3c
     - Added additional guard statements and checks to ensure that all players and infected are hooked; unhooked players/infected cannot deal/receive damage.
     - Players who are hit by or suffering from bomber explosions [Ex] debuff will be now placed in combat.
     - Refactored the RollLoot method and associated functions.

Version 3.4.5.3b
     - Fixed a logic error in OnCommonInfectedCreated which didn't initialize common infected into players data pools on spawn
    		causing common infected to not take environmental damage until either damaging a survivor or being damaged by a survivor.
     - Bomber explosion debuff will now affect common infected caught in the blast for both the super common death and when players explode.

Version 3.4.5.3
     - Fixed a bug in Timer_DeleteLootBag in rpg_wrappers.sp that could occasionally cause a server crash.
     - Common infected will no longer be deleted in OnCommonInfectedCreated (also in rpg_wrappers.sp) during inactive rounds, as this could also occasionally cause a server crash.
     - Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when generating new loot for a player.

Version 3.4.5.2
     - Added the option to specify how many roll attempts are made per player on kills. Note on common kills only the player who killed it gets the rolls.
    	"roll attempts on common kill?"
    	"roll attempts on supers kill?"
    	"roll attempts on specials kill?"
    	"roll attempts on witch kill?"
    	"roll attempts on tank kill?"

- These all default to 1, so specify in the config.cfg what the values should be.
    	- Added a check when picking up bags to see if it's the same player looting multiple bags in succession. If it is, it'll only display the "x is searching a bag..." notice once every 3 seconds.
    	- Refactored the GetBulletOrMeleeHealAmount(healer, target, damage, damagetype, bool isMelee) function in events.sp

Version 3.4.5.1 Rebalance/redesign
     - Added 6 new ability triggers for new talents designed to stop magetanking (super strong with no drawbacks in all 3 areas) without limiting player agency:
    	lessDamageMoreHeals
    	lessDamageMoreTanky
    	lessTankyMoreHeals
    	lessTankyMoreDamage
    	lessHealsMoreDamage
    	lessHealsMoreTanky
     - Players with no augments equipped (or new players) will now have the proper levels of 0 applied to empty augment slots.
     - Fixed talent active time incorrectly being set to 0.0s for any applicable talent; talents in the menu should now also show the correct value for this.
     - Added wider potential force and potential physics impact ranges to loot bags on spawn.
     - MoreHeals does not apply to self-health regen
     - Fixed CLERIC visual effect not showing

these talents ignore "activator ability effects?" and "target ability effects?" and "activator / target required?" fields should be set to -1 or omitted.
     Version 3.4.4.9a hotfix
     - Fixed an issue where talents reducing incoming damage would reduce the efficacy of talents based on incoming damage, such as thorns.
     - Added rating multiplier for augment levels to balance augments.
     - Fixed a bug where common infected receiving fatal damage would not die from that attack if it was from a bullet.
     - When a client leaves the game, their augment/inventory data is now properly cleared.

Version 3.4.4.9
     - Fixed visual bugs on talent info screen for abilities with consecutive hit multipliers that were showing -100% instead of the correct value previously.
     - physics objects that can be interacted with can now be generated for loot, to give players a sense of loot being 'physical' objects.
       If loot bags are disabled and the loot system is enabled, loot will be auto-rolled in text chat and given to players automatically if the infected drops anything.
     	- Added new variables associated with this feature:
    		"generate interactable loot bags?"						"1"
    		"loot bags disappear after this many seconds?"			"10"
    		"item drop model?"										"models/props_collectables/backpack.mdl"
     - FINALLY added support for pipe bombs & other explosives dealing variable damage against common infected.
    	- values can be increased by talents triggered by "S"
     - Proficiency levels now affect your damage! By default, it's 1% per proficiency level.

Version 3.4.4.8b
     - Misc bug fixes, performance optimizations.

Version 3.4.4.8a
     - Second attempt to fix the lag issue.
     - Second attempt to fix certain super commons having a bunch of health.
     - Laying the groundwork for a new augment feature.
     - Added support for end of map loot rolls similar to the end of map rolls in the RPG that Patriot-Games used, this time for augments instead of SLATE/CARTEL.
     - Fixed some entity oob errors resulting from refactoring.
     - Fixed void return type for OnMapStart and OnMapEnd
     - Added a new native to ReadyUp 8.3 so RPG can let ReadyUp know when the round is failed/restarted by a vote of some sorts, either artificial or real.
    	- native added: ReadyUp_RoundRestartedByVote();
     - Corrected bug causing end of map loot rolls to not reward to players who were under the augment roll required score.
    		  Now, all living players will receive a guaranteed ( by default in my server settings, no idea for other server operators)
    		  loot roll, even if they don't meet the requirements to roll augments under normal circumstances.
     + TO DO: Make commons take damage from pipebombs
     + TO DO: Make biled special/common infected be able to take damage from other infected - right now infected have no FF of any kind but this is because
    		  It has been a low-priority fix.

Version 3.4.4.7
     - Redesigned how augments are rolled to be friendlier to player time investment/reward and to bring minor augments in line with major/perfect and major in line with perfect.
       Augments from the augment beta test have been destroyed for all players - I'll be adding a variable to the database to give out free rolls soon, to reward the beta testers.
     - First attempt to fix the massive lag that is caused when a survivor swaps to spectator and back.

Version 3.4.4.6
     - Added support for anti-camping, so that players too close to "last kill" spots won't earn experience.
       This can be used to enforce varying kinds of 'forward progression'

Version 3.4.4.5
     - Removed datapack timer while I figure out some stuff.
     - scenario_end should now properly call when the variables are met.

Version 3.4.4.4
     - Added SetClientTalentStrength(client) to call when an augment is equipped or unequipped.
     + To do: Add a comparator/confirmation screen when selecting an augment slot currently occupied by another augment.
     + Add support for survivor bots to use augments.

Last edited by Skyy; 03-16-2024 at 14:40. Reason: version history update to 3.4.5.3c
    kazumakiryu
    Old 03-17-2024 , 09:00   Re: [L4D2] RPGMaker v3.4.5.3c - Updated 3/16/2024
    Reply With Quote #3

please add support of local server

Last edited by kazumakiryu; 03-17-2024 at 09:28.
    Skyy
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 03-22-2024 , 14:52   Re: [L4D2] RPGMaker v3.4.5.3c - Updated 3/16/2024
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kazumakiryu View Post
    please add support of local server
    Hello, thank-you for your interest in RPGMaker.

RPGMaker2 can run on localhost, but it must still connect to a MySQL server, though that server can also be hosted locally. You'll want to google how to setup a MySQL server locally. If you're using LINUX, it's as easy as installing LAMP.

To setup the databases.cfg to work with a localhost server, simply set the server to "localhost" eg:
    Code:
    	"rum_rpg"
    	{
    		"driver"            "default"
    		"host"				"localhost"
    		"database"			"RPGMaker"
    		"user"				"<user>"
    		"pass"				"<password>"
    		"port"				"3306"
    	}
    kazumakiryu
    Old 03-24-2024 , 11:20   Re: [L4D2] RPGMaker v3.4.5.3c - Updated 3/16/2024
    Reply With Quote #5

gotta test
    kazumakiryu
    Old 03-24-2024 , 11:29   Re: [L4D2] RPGMaker v3.4.5.5 - VERSUS SUPPORT - Updated 3/22/2024
    Reply With Quote #6

}
    "rum_rpg"
    {
    "driver" "default"
    "host" "localhost"
    "database" "RPGMaker"
    "user" "Mohamed"
    "pass" "73285013Opm"
    "port" "3306"
    }
    }

didnt work so here mine
    kazumakiryu
    Old 03-24-2024 , 12:14   Re: [L4D2] RPGMaker v3.4.5.5 - VERSUS SUPPORT - Updated 3/22/2024
    Reply With Quote #7

readyup.smx (Ready Up): Listen Server Not Supported
    rum_rpg_ns.smx (RPG Construction Set): Native "ReadyUp_NtvGetCampaignName" was not found
    rum_teleportrushers.smx (Teleport Rushers): Native "ReadyUp_NtvConfigProcessing" was not found

Last edited by kazumakiryu; 03-24-2024 at 12:40.
    Skyy
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 03-26-2024 , 15:22   Re: [L4D2] RPGMaker v3.4.5.5 - VERSUS SUPPORT - Updated 3/22/2024
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kazumakiryu View Post
    readyup.smx (Ready Up): Listen Server Not Supported
    rum_rpg_ns.smx (RPG Construction Set): Native "ReadyUp_NtvGetCampaignName" was not found
    rum_teleportrushers.smx (Teleport Rushers): Native "ReadyUp_NtvConfigProcessing" was not found
    If I were to add support for local servers, I'm not sure / can't guarantee that it'll work, as it's designed for dedicated servers, and it's hard to justify trying to add a feature that may not work to begin with, and adding support for it would add unnecessary bloat, especially since you can host a dedicated server on your local machine and still connect/play on it, and steam provides all the tools required to seamlessly do it.

If you really need it to support listen servers, the source code is public @ https://github.com/exSkye/rpgmaker2/...er_dependency) and you can always edit / compile the change.

Last edited by Skyy; 03-26-2024 at 15:23.
    eyal282
    Veteran Member
    Old 03-27-2024 , 07:02   Re: [L4D2] RPGMaker v3.4.5.5 - VERSUS SUPPORT - Updated 3/22/2024
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
    If I were to add support for local servers, I'm not sure / can't guarantee that it'll work, as it's designed for dedicated servers, and it's hard to justify trying to add a feature that may not work to begin with, and adding support for it would add unnecessary bloat, especially since you can host a dedicated server on your local machine and still connect/play on it, and steam provides all the tools required to seamlessly do it.

If you really need it to support listen servers, the source code is public @ https://github.com/exSkye/rpgmaker2/...er_dependency) and you can always edit / compile the change.
    There is almost nothing that prevents listen servers, and even when it happens I just ignore it.

SendConVarValue doesn't work as one of those caveats

Discord: Eyal282#1334
    Skyy
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 03-27-2024 , 12:41   Re: [L4D2] RPGMaker v3.4.5.5 - VERSUS SUPPORT - Updated 3/22/2024
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eyal282 View Post
    There is almost nothing that prevents listen servers, and even when it happens I just ignore it.

SendConVarValue doesn't work as one of those caveats
    Great to hear; I'll remove the dedicated server requirement from readyup and rpg when I port readyup to new syntax. It's on my bucket list now that my RPG is nearly feature-complete.