12% 

[TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-11-2012 , 17:33   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentine View Post
Not sure if this is a bug but cheats get enabled whenever someone becomes christian brutal sniper. Other than that seems to be working fine.
The only reference I find to sv_cheats is that, when the Ninja Spy's slow-mo ability is activated it lies to clients and tells them sv_cheats is 1 (then corrects the client into thinking it's 0 again when the timer expires).

The value of sv_cheats is never actually changed on the server side.
I don't have a problem
Old 04-11-2012 , 17:40   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

I suppose that could be the case, I just happened to open the console after the sniper spawned and saw the "achievements disabled, cheats enabled this session" spam. Though sv_cheats showed 0.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 04-11-2012 , 17:51   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Ok I went through the process of changing over models and materials to freak_fortress\myboss\ and everything works, including the model in game, BUT, for the love of ....., the materials still want to download on restart/reconnect. The models and sounds do NOT. Know one else is having this problem? I just spent "hours" trying to sort this out. Would it help to see the models/materials? I do understand not doing this for ones included and not doing it for pyrogirl model. Why only some and why only materials?

Oh, I did all this on clean dedicated server I set up with only hooks, tf2items, SM, MMS and FF2 installed.

Last edited by MaloModo; 04-11-2012 at 17:52.
ltgenkd
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-11-2012 , 19:41   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
BUT, for the love of ....., the materials still want to download on restart/reconnect. The models and sounds do NOT. Know one else is having this problem? I just spent "hours" trying to sort this out.
I was on your server the other day and noticed net_maxfilesize is set to 16 (source engine default).
Just for the hell of it, change it to net_maxfilesize 24 or 48 maybe even 64. Sometimes when clients downlownd large .bsp's
and the net_maxfilesize isn't set higher than the .bsp file size it will NOT download.
Not sure if this will help in your case but, it might.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...et_maxfilesize
Spectre143
Old 04-11-2012 , 20:23   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Just finished working on another boss,

Ass Pancakes

Prepare to be bonked to oblivion!

His abilities:
1- Brave Jump - right mouse button
2- Weightdown - duck in mid-air
3- Rage: Uber + low-distance stun - taunt with full rage meter
4- On kill: victim loses head
5- Double Jump capacity (he is a Scout after all)

The Warhammer of Zillyhoo is not included since it would require a custom scout model. You can download a warhammer model here if you feel interested in compiling a simple warhammer wielding Ass Pancakes.

UPDATE:
1.1 - Now uses the custom model and skin made by RavensBro, however the "On kill: decapitation" attribute has been removed due the glitched sword animations.

Known Bugs:
Version 1.1 lacks an ubercharged skin, thus making more difficult to know when he is invulnerable.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ff2_ass_pancakes.zip (628.9 KB, 1073 views)
File Type: zip ff2_ass_pancakes_1.1.zip (4.05 MB, 1684 views)

Last edited by Spectre143; 05-05-2012 at 15:32.
RavensBro
Veteran Member
Old 04-11-2012 , 20:37   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

anyone else having troubles with there server crashing running this mod?????
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 04-11-2012 , 23:16   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltgenkd View Post
I was on your server the other day and noticed net_maxfilesize is set to 16 (source engine default).
Just for the hell of it, change it to net_maxfilesize 24 or 48 maybe even 64. Sometimes when clients downlownd large .bsp's
and the net_maxfilesize isn't set higher than the .bsp file size it will NOT download.
Not sure if this will help in your case but, it might.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...et_maxfilesize
yeah thanks for the thought but didn't seem to do the trick. To be clear I am not a "modeler" but perhaps something to do with paths in mdl/vmt and ff2? They still work correctly on server after downloading. Does someone mind looking..I have included the materials/models and config for boss.
Attached Files
File Type: zip freddy.zip (1.00 MB, 227 views)
PMAvers
Old 04-12-2012 , 00:00   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Ran it for a while tonight, surprised I didn't see any crashes.

Granted, the server wasn't close to filling up, but it was around 8-9ish.

HP totals still seem to be a little high on the bosses in the low player-counts, but that's not really anything new. Rages still suck on the lower counts, too. Rather like how some of the new bosses came out. I think the See's are a new personal favorite.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 04-12-2012 , 00:04   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensBro View Post
anyone else having troubles with there server crashing running this mod?????
To be honest it has been running rock solid here. The only times it has crashed is when I started screwing with bosses before testing
war100ck
Old 04-12-2012 , 01:12   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

I noticed that all the configs you do not have the correct encoding (ANSI), a Russian font displays a wry, in general, the text file vagineer_hale.сfg written in mirror reverse.
Quote:
"description_en" ".lluf si reteM egaR eht nehw tnuat (rebu+nuts) ageR\n.hcuorc dna nwod kool ,iradim ni :nwod-hgieW\n.pu dnats dna pu kool ,erif-tla :pmuJ repuS\n!pu raeg taht evom mattoG!\n!reenigaV"
"description_ru" ".нолоп итсорЯ кичтечС адгок ,укшемсан йаледс (ребу+еинешулго) ьтсорЯ\n.ьдясирп и зинв иртомс ехудзов в :еинедап-репуС\n.ьнатсв и хреван иртомсоп ,ьного.тьла :кожырП ерпуС\n!ясмеагивдыВ\n:ренигаВ"
Closed Thread