Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

suggestions

Post New Thread Reply   

fakkjoo
Old 02-26-2004 , 12:28   suggestions
Reply With Quote #1

If ur gonna beat the crap out of amxmod.net (which i hope u do, so slow and bad structure) include all the modulkes u can find @ the download page and group the plugins better.. GL HF

*included a design i made a loooong time ago (not using it anymore) i can post it including the pds and mayby u could use it*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	page.gif
Views:	1933
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1  
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2004 , 13:34  
Reply With Quote #2

Reason amxmod.net "sucks" in some peoples eyes is that it hasn't been updated by (1: webmaster 2: project boss) for about ½-1 year. 0.9.3 is *still* (oh my gosh!) the latest version posted at the website amxmod.net (not the forums), and this confuses 95% of all users trying to get amx mod. Of course, they're not to blame.
And the plugins' section (when's the last time a plugin was added to that page, 1350?), as well as the custom modules section (just about any plugin needs additional functions, and every plugin is accompanied by a readme.txt that doesn't say anything about custom modules (not last time I checked at least)) has not been updated since an eternity.

So yeah, you could say that the place sucks and get away with it.

There are still active moderators like me and some others there, but we can't do jack, because in the end, we have to deal with all the people going to amxmod.net, getting stoneage old version of amxmod, and swarming all over the forums with their questions. A lot probably just drops AMX Mod right there before even asking in the forums. I know myself, I prefer to not have to get a forum account (with the whole mail+password activation buisness) and start reading zillions of topics etc to ask questions, and get flamed back by more-than-tired-of-those-questions users/moderators (like me).

enough! :-)

So, how things should be, IMO:

* a site (www.amxmodx.org) with excellent design, and I'm not speaking about "good looks design", but a functionaly top notch design, where the latest and best compiled versions of amxmodx always are (not some crappy old outdated version).
* the site should have kick ass easy sections for acquiring any extra custom modules. I'd hate to have to browse through small-fonted forums to get them really.
* the same goes for plugins. we need to have zipupandsend-on-the-fly features... I really did like the old way of Released plugins @ amxmod.net/forums, not the "add a file" way of today, since people just add a zip that doesn't even have to contain a sma. However I'm not sure compiling on the fly is good, since it's better each admin compiles plugins for himself.
When posting a plugin, there should be some way of letting the stuff know what/if any custom modules are needed. A checkbox or whatever. Maybe this is hard to make with phpBB, I don't know, but it sure can be made "easily" with a handful of php and a splash of sql.

So, who is up to the task?
BAILOPAN
Old 02-26-2004 , 13:50   /\//\
Reply With Quote #3

The AMX Mod X site will be powered by MetaCMS, a crazy content management design engine I wrote based on the concept of hooking and forwarding display API.

The themeing process for it is insanely difficult because of the complexity, but I'm workin' on it...

The layout will be three pane, with a top panel, left navbar, and center content panel.

The news, modules, plugins, and official releases will all draw from forum threads to make the forums and site seamlessly integrated.

MetaCMS is a SourceForge project here: http://www.sf.net/projects/metacms
It has a CVS repository on the TCW CVSWeb.
Old 02-27-2004 , 14:18   ...
Reply With Quote #4

Mycket bra! *like we say in Sweden* =) keep up
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 02-27-2004 , 15:03  
Reply With Quote #5

Sounds interesting, well see how it turns out
_KaszpiR_
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 03-02-2004 , 03:09  
Reply With Quote #6

about custom models or other required files - thahs why i posted about the plugin standarization

btw does the plugin have to be validated by moderators or it will be released automatically?

cause if there will not be a special mark in a post then any misplaced post would be treated as plugin :/
Old 03-07-2004 , 20:42   Intresting
Reply With Quote #7

So, how things should be, IMO:

* a site (www.amxmodx.org) with excellent design, and I'm not speaking about "good looks design", but a functionaly top notch design, where the latest and best compiled versions of amxmodx always are (not some crappy old outdated version).
* the site should have kick ass easy sections for acquiring any extra custom modules. I'd hate to have to browse through small-fonted forums to get them really.
* the same goes for plugins. we need to have zipupandsend-on-the-fly features... I really did like the old way of Released plugins @ amxmod.net/forums, not the "add a file" way of today, since people just add a zip that doesn't even have to contain a sma. However I'm not sure compiling on the fly is good, since it's better each admin compiles plugins for himself.
When posting a plugin, there should be some way of letting the stuff know what/if any custom modules are needed. A checkbox or whatever. Maybe this is hard to make with phpBB, I don't know, but it sure can be made "easily" with a handful of php and a splash of sql.

So, who is up to the task? [/quote]

Looks Like a good Game plan and sounds good.. compile on the fly part I would be flacky too on...

Keep it Up!!!
Send a message via MSN to MagicShot Send a message via Yahoo to MagicShot
Old 04-27-2010, 08:35
bymisi
This message has been deleted by YamiKaitou. Reason: bump old topic with no new information
Old 04-27-2010, 10:03
DruGzOG
This message has been deleted by YamiKaitou. Reason: bump old topic with no new information
Old 04-27-2010, 10:08
xPaw