Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-13-2012 , 16:24   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntereb View Post
Then why doesn't someone start a new thread for this with the most recent updates to it?

Anyway, you guys kinda made me realize that the bosses really are sometimes way OP. I feel like making all of my bosses have the same HP as Saxton Hale tonight. Maybe that will make it a bit more balanced instead of, "NINJA SPY'S HP 10946 x 3".

The bosses still have their ups and downs though, like the Administrator's ability to respawn every dead player to blu team with all of their original class weapons. I may fix that tonight as well...
Well, one of the ideas I was planning on moving into FF2 before I stopped working on it was tweaking some of the original bosses. One such tweak was to substantially shorten the length of Ninja Spy's "on death" effect, since it's by far his most lethal move. Keep in mind that while Ninja Spy has 3 lives, each life only has about 1/3 the HP of a normal boss. Another was fixing DemoPan's charge so that it couldn't be continuously spammed if he ran out of Rage (or at 90%+ Rage). I also considered upping how much rage it took per charge; currently it's 0.4%.

Last edited by Powerlord; 09-13-2012 at 16:26.
misterb98
Old 09-14-2012 , 09:57   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Okay! I have been running Saxton Hale 1.39c for a few days now. Here are my thoughts.

First off, Its really hard to get upgraded to 1.39c and such, due to all the beta files needed, and the CBS fix. You might want to link to those in your 1.39c release post.

Nobody really noticed the sniper nerf, other than the fact that they don't have full crits anymore. I have the option to see damage above my target's head, and it is quite obvious damage is a little less, but not horribly so.

An error I found is when your are Hale, Vagineer, or CBS, you can superjump a little faster than otherwise if you hold right click while the ability is cooling down. Once it says "charging: %40" or similar, you can superjump by looking up and releasing. Not a big deal, just makes hale go a little faster on large maps. This was also in 1.38 I believe.

Crusader's crossbow doesn't instant kill anymore! All that is left from that is my 7mil medic score lol. The damage of this weapon has been severely reduced from what I have played on other servers, but that may just be the fact that I was playing on a version without the damage reduction. Most medics are no longer useful for combat anymore, so I have only seen them for one round, before they switch. If they don't switch, they change their primary to the syringe gun..

The syringe gun has also been nerfed, because it doesnt have crits anymore, and is now causing all medics to either not contribute other than ubering, or having them hide until the end, where they get "last man standing" crits. In most cases, they just try to uber, they die, and switch classes.

For some reason, nobody has used the BFB yet. So I can't tell you about that change.

Edit: Another thing. The Hales seem to win almost all the time with 4-6 people on. And most of the time he lost, it was because of a goomba stomp kill. I don't know if this is just because we suck, or too many weapon weakenings.

Other than those things, I don't believe we have noticed anything out of the ordinary, though the changelog says there is more. I may get back to you after some more playing.

Last edited by misterb98; 09-14-2012 at 10:02.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-14-2012 , 10:21   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterb98 View Post
Crusader's crossbow doesn't instant kill anymore! All that is left from that is my 7mil medic score lol. The damage of this weapon has been severely reduced from what I have played on other servers, but that may just be the fact that I was playing on a version without the damage reduction. Most medics are no longer useful for combat anymore, so I have only seen them for one round, before they switch. If they don't switch, they change their primary to the syringe gun..
Why would the Crusader's Crossbow ever "instant kill"?

The Crusader's Crossbow has its damage nerfed because Valve made it reload something like 3x faster than it used to (which is a straight 3x DPS increase to it).
Old 09-14-2012 , 11:08   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

If it's not too much to ask, are there any clear step-by-step instructions on how to fix the invisible CBS problem?

I've tried everything in this thread and none of the solutions seemed to have worked.

I tried to install RavensBro's attached smx, it (kind of) fixed CBS but messed up the plugin as a whole - Players and Hales don't have abilities, no access to hale commands, etc.

Using tf2items-1.5.2-hg231.
Running on SM 1.5.0-dev+3648 and MM 1.9.1-dev
SourceHook version: 5:5

Would appreciate it. Thanks!

Last edited by Donski; 09-14-2012 at 11:12.
ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 09-14-2012 , 11:32   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
First off, Its really hard to get upgraded to 1.39c and such, due to all the beta files needed, and the CBS fix. You might want to link to those in your 1.39c release post.
It isn't hard at all, just the need of the newly updated CBS model.

Quote:
Nobody really noticed the sniper nerf, other than the fact that they don't have full crits anymore. I have the option to see damage above my target's head, and it is quite obvious damage is a little less, but not horribly so.
Snipers weren't nerfed as they do much more damage now. Crits didn't scale to certain effect if I'm not mistaken, therefore the damage was increased dramatically.

Quote:
An error I found is when your are Hale, Vagineer, or CBS, you can superjump a little faster than otherwise if you hold right click while the ability is cooling down. Once it says "charging: %40" or similar, you can superjump by looking up and releasing. Not a big deal, just makes hale go a little faster on large maps. This was also in 1.38 I believe.
If so, I agree to a fix.

Quote:
Crusader's crossbow doesn't instant kill anymore! All that is left from that is my 7mil medic score lol. The damage of this weapon has been severely reduced from what I have played on other servers, but that may just be the fact that I was playing on a version without the damage reduction. Most medics are no longer useful for combat anymore, so I have only seen them for one round, before they switch. If they don't switch, they change their primary to the syringe gun.
You say medics aren't useful for combat yet they bring the most damage. The crusader's crossbow probably deserved the nerf and I wouldn't suggest a change.

Quote:
The syringe gun has also been nerfed, because it doesnt have crits anymore, and is now causing all medics to either not contribute other than ubering, or having them hide until the end, where they get "last man standing" crits. In most cases, they just try to uber, they die, and switch classes.
Why does it "need" crits, it still acts the same and recharges uber. It seem you don't want medics to only uber, which is imo the main reason medics receive so many benefits in hale.

Quote:
The Hales seem to win almost all the time with 4-6 people on. And most of the time he lost, it was because of a goomba stomp kill. I don't know if this is just because we suck, or too many weapon weakenings.
As-well as with almost 90% of the other VSH and FF2 server. Being hale against such a low amount of players in logic shouldn't be difficult for a guy that runs scout speed and jumps 50 feet into the air...
ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 09-14-2012 , 11:37   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donski View Post
If it's not too much to ask, are there any clear step-by-step instructions on how to fix the invisible CBS problem?
Download the new model.

Last edited by ReFlexPoison; 09-14-2012 at 11:37.
Donski
Old 09-14-2012 , 17:01   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Can you kindly link me to it? There are a lot of stuff posted and I'm not sure which ones to use/follow anymore
Unreal1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-14-2012 , 17:28   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntereb View Post
Why are people still using this? Is FF2 that bugged that people have to revert back to this old thing?
Yes
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2012 , 21:45   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Link to latest everything's in my signature.

SuperJump works as intended: at 100% it's a 'full-power' jump. At lower percentages it's less powerful, as in it applies less velocity.

Crossbow's reload time was dramatically decreased in a recent TF2 patch, so the nerf is deserved.

The Syringe Guns give lots of uber quickly, and that in itself is a huge buff.

I am not going to support 1.38 at all anymore.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 09-15-2012 at 21:49.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2012 , 14:07   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

I need help, I added more sounds for hale but the sounds aren't being played, is the plugin not precaching them or did i put them wrong?

also, when someone becomes one of my custom added hales, the same person becomes hale again next round even though they already played, why is that and how do i fix?

Last edited by nergal; 09-16-2012 at 17:52.
Closed Thread