Reply With Quote #1182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkimmortal View Post
Same here, seems to be perfectly stable on the latest snapshot
Agree. It works like a charm with stable 1.5.1
upcastnetwork
Old 09-18-2013 , 10:31   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1183

The plugin forces the server to create 2 sourcemod.cfg files. you may want to fix it.

The UPCast Network.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-18-2013 , 11:51   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1184

Quote:
Originally Posted by upcastnetwork View Post
The plugin forces the server to create 2 sourcemod.cfg files. you may want to fix it.
Weird, it should only be creating one: cfg/sourcemod/prophunt.cfg
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 09-19-2013 , 20:57   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1185

Are there any reports of like body parts or player models missing? Idk if its client-, server- or prophunt related but I have heard other people talking about it.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
serpentine
I don't have a problem
Old 09-28-2013 , 11:37   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1186

Everything seems to be stable now I assume? Haven't seen any crash reports since 1.5.1 was pushed. Would like to give it another go, all the crashes have really turned people off to it.
Old 10-06-2013 , 14:50   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1187

So, this probably isn't a surprise, but I've been working on a new version of prop hunt that will hopefully give us more control over the hunter weapon selection.

I've already got it set up to strip attributes on specific weapons using TF2Items (this is to balance the Phlogistinator among other things), but I'm thinking that maybe I should port the system I was working on for Freak Fortress 2 2.0 to Prop Hunt to allow for more generalized changes... such as being able to swap a weapon out for a different weapon. I've been thinking about this as a way to deal with weapons such as the Engineer's Frontier Justice since it's a direct downgrade to the standard shotgun, but since it's a different weapon class just stripping the attributes doesn't work.

Also, I noticed that SourceMod 1.5.2 has some changes to how the crit callback works, so if the next version is out after SM 1.5.2, Prop Hunt will likely force tf_weapon_criticals 0 to stop the client prediction from showing crits when there aren't any (because PH already blocks crits)... we need the critical hits callback to know when a weapon was fired in order to apply the weapon use damage to hunters.

I've also reworked some of things Blank reported earlier with round start... however, since I never saw this bug to begin with, I can't say whether or not I've actually fixed it. One thing I have fixed though is being able to disable/enable Prop Hunt using the ph_enabled cvar between rounds.

The tentative name for the new version is Prop Hunt Redux, but it's still in alpha since I'm still adding new features.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-06-2013 at 14:56.
AeroAcrobat
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-09-2013 , 18:15   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1188

I don't know if this has been reported but during the build time, if you kill youself then you won't get respawned.
It's probably because it's followed by the arena respawn style but it's kind of annoying.

Wouldn't it be possible that you will get respawned while players are hiding ?

Last edited by AeroAcrobat; 10-09-2013 at 18:17.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-09-2013 , 21:50   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1189

So, I was testing weapon replacement earlier today, and it seems to be working OK... swapped out the Frontier Justice with the stock Engineer Shotgun. stripattribs was already working, but it's now possible to use it and addattribs together... and I do so to convert the Phlog to a stock flamethrower, but give it the Phlog electric fire effect.

Having said that, I found out that Valve's netprops for the Engineer's tf_weapon_builder are being ignored for some reason... I was trying to use it to restrict sentries instead of killing sentries on spawn.

Unfortunately, I still have at least one more thing I want to test out related to the last prop being alive, but I only have two Steam accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroAcrobat View Post
I don't know if this has been reported but during the build time, if you kill youself then you won't get respawned.
It's probably because it's followed by the arena respawn style but it's kind of annoying.

Wouldn't it be possible that you will get respawned while players are hiding ?
...why are you killing yourself during setup time anyway? As much as I hate to say it, that's... kinda your own fault.

But on a more serious note, it could help an Engineer build his dispenser up faster than intended, depending on the map.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-09-2013 at 22:05.
AeroAcrobat
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-10-2013 , 10:23   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
...why are you killing yourself during setup time anyway? As much as I hate to say it, that's... kinda your own fault.

But on a more serious note, it could help an Engineer build his dispenser up faster than intended, depending on the map.
I've installed it and tested around.
When others joined they actually did the same.

I usually kill myself during the "tf_arena_preround_time" so I can switch weapons.
But if it's game breaking then I'm ok with it. I think people will learn quite easy out of mistakes

Last edited by AeroAcrobat; 10-10-2013 at 10:23.