Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Freeze Tag

Post New Thread Reply   

TheSilencer
Old 10-18-2010 , 21:56   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #41

Got a bunch of peeps to do some heavy testing this weekend. Should speed things up while also giving us time to improve the plugin until then

Last edited by TheSilencer; 10-18-2010 at 21:58.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-18-2010 , 22:07   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #42

Here is the updated plugin that hopefully fixes the pyro glitch. This should also address the possability of killing someone right as they spawn in frozen.

Basically I changed it to check the flag that we're in queue for respawn because we're frozen, in the damage handler.

Version 0.9.5 - Untested
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (freezetag.sp - 65 views - 27.1 KB)
File Type: smx freezetag.smx (17.5 KB, 88 views)
TheSilencer
Old 10-19-2010 , 12:20   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #43

A few bugs:

-If you are set on fire by a pyro, and freeze him, it will stop dealing damage to you, even though you will still be on fire.
-You can skip the frozen process by changing classes.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-19-2010 , 12:36   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #44

Should be easy enough to fix. I can execute an extinguish command on the player anytime they become frozen.

I also need to do some command blocking anyway, for like the suicide command etc. And I want to add the ability to support changing class while frozen and stay frozen.
Snowden42
Old 10-19-2010 , 22:31   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #45

Two bugs:
1) The popup text about being frozen doesn't track the ft_thaw_duration cvar accurately. It seems to statically display "15 seconds" even if the cvar isn't that.
2) When frozen, if a Heavy spins up their minigun, the sound still plays.

The other thing I was thinking about in the shower. I don't know the limitations of the language, but would it be possible to flag a frozen player as a disguised spy? That would prevent sentries from targetting them when frozen.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-20-2010 , 01:20   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #46

Version 0.9.6.1

* Seperate damage modifiers for heal and kill
* Add setting for % of health you gain on thaw
* Add option to save uber charge value and restore when thawed
* Fixed spy dead ringer

The medic charge isn't working. I think I need to find a way to save it before they die...

I also put in a bunch of notes in the code about ideas for what new things to add to the plugin etc.
Attached Files
File Type: smx freezetag.smx (18.6 KB, 78 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (freezetag.sp - 67 views - 30.9 KB)
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-20-2010 , 01:25   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowden42 View Post
Two bugs:
1) The popup text about being frozen doesn't track the ft_thaw_duration cvar accurately. It seems to statically display "15 seconds" even if the cvar isn't that.
2) When frozen, if a Heavy spins up their minigun, the sound still plays.

The other thing I was thinking about in the shower. I don't know the limitations of the language, but would it be possible to flag a frozen player as a disguised spy? That would prevent sentries from targetting them when frozen.
1) I cannot find any problem with the code surrounding the text. However, I think the timer for the countdown isn't completely accurate. See the thaw duration is more of a tick count. Each tick count down to 0 is approx 1 second. But due to plugin processing time etc it may not be exactly. Unless I get a function (maybe it already exists) to check the complete duration between ticks, it will never be completely accurate. But the text itself should match the server cvar. Please verify that it does indeed match. I should be able to find a better way at making this more accurate, that I'm sure of.

2) You may just be hearing this if you are the heavy doing it this is because we cannot fully prevent the client from thinking it is going to do something. But the code does prevent them from using attack1 and attack2 buttons on the server. Thus animations on the client will stutter and display, but it won't actually be happening.

I actually already tried flagging them as a spy but it actually changed their costume to just the same team they were previously. Actually it forced a scout skin on them and the sentry still targeted him

Last edited by Thraka; 10-20-2010 at 02:17.
TheSilencer
Old 10-20-2010 , 04:26   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #48

Oh and a detail, for some reason some players spawn with the frozen look (they are zombie-ish green but not frozen)
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-20-2010 , 11:34   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilencer View Post
Oh and a detail, for some reason some players spawn with the frozen look (they are zombie-ish green but not frozen)
Strange. Are these bots? We played again last night for a map and had no problems. Does your error log say anything? If an error happens and the plugin stops processing respawn code or something, that can lead to weird states. Also, are you playing your customized version?

The only error I could think of happening for you is something that is related to sdkhooks, sourcemod, tf2 gamedata, with linux.
Snowden42
Old 10-20-2010 , 19:51   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #50

I've made some minor modifications to the code. I added a few lines to the Freezing mechanic that should, in theory, make the TF2_AddCondition work properly. The only problem is that I have no idea if it actually works (untested) and if it does work, what sorts of problems we might get. I'm wondering if we'll get weird behaviors if there aren't players of the class being frozen (the code modifies the disguise flags to replicate the player's class, but on the enemy team) such as naming issues. Also, I'm wondering how to prevent the skin from switching. Maybe we could use the tf_wearable_item function, since apparently SetEntityModel() doesn't work in TF2.

I'd really appreciate it if someone would test this.
Attached Files
File Type: smx freezetag.smx (18.7 KB, 70 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (freezetag.sp - 65 views - 31.3 KB)