Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

AMX Mod X 1.8.1 Released

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 08-20-2008 , 16:07   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 Released

Since I'm not able to re-open the closed topic in feature request section, I'll try to ask here.

http://bugs.alliedmods.net/?do=details&task_id=1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawce
This was changed in revision 3699

One small potential problem is that menufront now registers the default items in plugin_cfg instead of plugin_init, so if any stray plugins register their items first it may come before the usual default items.
What can I do now if I have about 4 plugins they are adding their items to menufront (usually they are doing that in their plugin_init), to have them - like it was before - at the last page of amxmodmenu, instead - like it was expected by sawce and it is now - at the first page?

I mean - to keep the backward compatibility with the functionality - instead changing anythig in all those plugins - what can I do with just menufront.sma, to have it like it was earlier (custom items at the end in amxmodmenu)?
Emp`
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 08-20-2008 , 16:25   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Since I'm not able to re-open the closed topic in feature request section, I'll try to ask here.

http://bugs.alliedmods.net/?do=details&task_id=1139

What can I do now if I have about 4 plugins they are adding their items to menufront (usually they are doing that in their plugin_init), to have them - like it was before - at the last page of amxmodmenu, instead - like it was expected by sawce and it is now - at the first page?

I mean - to keep the backward compatibility with the functionality - instead changing anythig in all those plugins - what can I do with just menufront.sma, to have it like it was earlier (custom items at the end in amxmodmenu)?
move AddDefaultMenus() from plugin_cfg to plugin_init
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`
zDemon
Old 08-20-2008 , 19:16   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 Released

Immunity does not work how to troubleshoot?
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 08-21-2008 , 05:35   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp` View Post
move AddDefaultMenus() from plugin_cfg to plugin_init
If that would be so trivial, I believe Sawce would do it like that. I believe he wanted to get working something else (see that topic I posted the link to), but that - even like was expected by him - broke the old functionality. I'm just waiting for somebody from dev team for the official answer to that.
AcidoX
Old 08-21-2008 , 11:04   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 Released

Verry Nice! Good Job!
Emp`
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 08-21-2008 , 13:07   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
If that would be so trivial, I believe Sawce would do it like that. I believe he wanted to get working something else (see that topic I posted the link to), but that - even like was expected by him - broke the old functionality. I'm just waiting for somebody from dev team for the official answer to that.
You're right I overlooked what sawce was fixing. I don't think there is an easy fix to it.
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`
Old 08-21-2008, 20:48
r@fitiiixxx
This message has been deleted by YamiKaitou. Reason: spam
BAILOPAN
Old 08-21-2008 , 23:57   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 Released

sawce made this change expecting minimal compatibility problems, as no functionality is actually broken. Plugins which find this problematic should update to use the appropriate callback.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 08-22-2008 , 03:03   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
sawce made this change expecting minimal compatibility problems, as no functionality is actually broken. Plugins which find this problematic should update to use the appropriate callback.
That is what I'm talking about - if I need to change any plugin to get it working like before 1.8.1, it broke the old functionality (adding the items at the end of amxmodmenu). If there is no other way - I'll just do that (I was just thinking there is some hope to prevent that).
But You need to know - between those plugins they need to be updated is also... CSDM
hip_hop_x
Old 08-22-2008 , 11:59   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 Released

wohoo, i've been waiting so long for a new update
Send a message via MSN to hip_hop_x Send a message via Yahoo to hip_hop_x
Snowman
Old 08-23-2008 , 07:46   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.1 Released

hi, i have a big problem, all works fine expects, when i select change map menu or vote map menu i will get these menus. its great but when i try to select next page (number 9) menu dissapear, also when i select map to change the menu will dissapear and the map is not changed.

Problem stays only in VOTEMAPMENU and CHANGEMAPMENU.
All other menus are OK.

There is probably some bug.
I found that i am not alone :
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=76270
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=71248
may these are same problems.

PS. I am using Deagles' Map Management 3.1

Thanks for answ.
Snow
Closed Thread