Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Display logos on map walls like in Mani Admin

Post New Thread Reply   

squeeek
Old 09-30-2005 , 09:27   Display logos on map walls like in Mani Admin
Reply With Quote #1

Greetings!

I've seen several Mani admin servers which had the MA and other logos displayed on walls. (No, they were NOT custom spray logos...)
Is there any chance that there will be a standalone release for this?
You know, its a match server and we dont really trust MA in terms of hitbox accuracy...

allthebest!
Send a message via MSN to squeeek
Mani
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2005 , 09:56   Re: Display logos on map walls like in Mani Admin
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeeek
Greetings!

I've seen several Mani admin servers which had the MA and other logos displayed on walls. (No, they were NOT custom spray logos...)
Is there any chance that there will be a standalone release for this?
You know, its a match server and we dont really trust MA in terms of hitbox accuracy...

allthebest!
I might do a standalone release for it at some point.

When you say you dont trust the plugin in terms of hitbox accuracy what exactly do you mean ?

The plugin doesn't alter bullet trajectories, stop people from firing or mess around with your UDP packet data routing.

When war mode is enabled it doesn't actually do very much at all in terms of processing not that it does not much in full active mode compared to a plain vanilla server with no plugins at all. Sure there is going to be some overhead but compared to what the server has to do it's minimal.

Mani

www.mani-admin-plugin.com
squeeek
Old 10-01-2005 , 07:49  
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
When war mode is enabled it doesn't actually do very much at all in terms of processing not that it does not much in full active mode compared to a plain vanilla server with no plugins at all. Sure there is going to be some overhead but compared to what the server has to do it's minimal.
I no nothing about programming, and of course i wont question your knowlegde
The thing that i know, is that the feel of the game differs on MA servers. Cant explain how but it does, and a lot of gamers are on the same opinion. And they prefer to play on "nude" rcon servers without any plugin. But there are a lot of functions in your plugin that can be used on match servers, eg: the display of logos.

I dont want to criticise your work, because its an extremely useful tool on public servers, and as far as i know, its the plugin which has the most features.
Keep up the great work! (and hurry up with that standalone release )
squeeek
Old 10-01-2005 , 08:05  
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
When you say you dont trust the plugin in terms of hitbox accuracy what exactly do you mean ?
How shall i put it...
The hitboxes are somehow delayed.
Heres an example: the guy runs behind the corner, i shoot at the edge of the wall half a sec later (the guy is long gone) and it gives a headshot. Yeah, CS:S has a lot of bugs with the hitboxes, but things like this seem to happen more frequent on MA servers than on others.

Sry for the upcoming detour, but maybe you could say something on this:
We had a match last night on an MA server (no, im not a server racist ). The standing was 7-0 for us, and every round the opponent had full armour, grenades, AWM or AK. I can only imagine that they did it with some kind of server plugin. Is it possible with MA, or is it possible at all?

All in all, you've written a five star admin plugin, but i dont really think it will be used on "pr0" match servers. (sry if i made mistakes, but my english is far from perfect...)
sslice
Old 10-01-2005 , 12:50  
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Quote:
How shall i put it...
Heres an example: the guy runs behind the corner, i shoot at the edge of the wall half a sec later (the guy is long gone) and it gives a headshot. Yeah, CS:S has a lot of bugs with the hitboxes, but things like this seem to happen more frequent on MA servers than on others.

We had a match last night on an MA server (no, im not a server racist ). The standing was 7-0 for us, and every round the opponent had full armour, grenades, AWM or AK. I can only imagine that they did it with some kind of server plugin. Is it possible with MA, or is it possible at all?

All in all, you've written a five star admin plugin, but i dont really think it will be used on "pr0" match servers. (sry if i made mistakes, but my english is far from perfect...)
This probably has more to do with how well the server is set up, and what it is running on.
Old 10-04-2005 , 06:57  
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Quote:
How shall i put it...

Yeah it's possible to do it in the plugin though I would imagine it would be hard to coordinate without making it obvious.

My advice would be to insist that the plugin is in war mode, that way only enhanced rcon commands can be used via the plugin (limited menu's etc).

You can check if the plugin is in war mode by running ma_version from the client console. If the plugin changes mode during the game each player will see it on screen in a chat message.

That said it's entirely possible to create a stealth plugin that could assist a team.

As for the feel of the game, I'm sure this is just the placebo effect that it's got a plugin running therefore performance must be hindered in some way.

Mani

www.mani-admin-plugin.com