FF2 [Plugin] Boss Selection

Post New Thread Reply   

MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2012 , 11:19   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin1396 View Post
For me, the models downloaded, but when I try to set it via /ff2boss, where his name is supposed to be, its just blank, and when I choose it, when I get set to a random boss. When I try to set him via /ff2_special, I get boss not found. Any ideas?
Exact same thing..in process of testing.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-18-2012 , 12:07   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin1396 View Post
For me, the models downloaded, but when I try to set it via /ff2boss, where his name is supposed to be, its just blank, and when I choose it, when I get set to a random boss. When I try to set him via /ff2_special, I get boss not found. Any ideas?
I'll have to check what happened with the CBS file... I wonder if it got saved in the wrong format or with a UTF-8 BOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
Do any of us know how to contact Valve directly or indirectly to see if they will acknowledge the issue that is crippling us and comment on if they will increase the sound cache table or not?
I contacted them indirectly via the hlds and hlds_linux mailing lists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
First off, thanks for all your hard work.

Code:
L 08/18/2012 - 09:59:29: SourceMod error session started
L 08/18/2012 - 09:59:29: Info (map "arena_lumberyard") (file "errors_20120818.log")
L 08/18/2012 - 09:59:29: [SM] Native "GetEntProp" reported: Property "m_iClass" not found (entity 0/worldspawn)
L 08/18/2012 - 09:59:29: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "freak_fortress_2.smx":
L 08/18/2012 - 09:59:29: [SM]   [0]  Line 304, D:\tf2server\sourcemod-1.4.4-windows\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\tf2_stocks.inc::TF2_GetPlayerClass()
L 08/18/2012 - 09:59:29: [SM]   [1]  Line 1901, D:\tf2server\plugins\freak_fortress_2.sp::checkFirstHale()
L 08/18/2012 - 09:59:39: [SM] Native "GetEntProp" reported: Property "m_iClass" not found (entity 0/worldspawn)
L 08/18/2012 - 09:59:39: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "freak_fortress_2.smx":
L 08/18/2012 - 09:59:39: [SM]   [0]  Line 304, D:\tf2server\sourcemod-1.4.4-windows\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\tf2_stocks.inc::TF2_GetPlayerClass()
L 08/18/2012 - 09:59:39: [SM]   [1]  Line 1901, D:\tf2server\plugins\freak_fortress_2.sp::checkFirstHale()
L 08/18/2012 - 10:00:38: [serverhop.smx] Server 108.178.55.57:27015 is down: no timely reply received
L 08/18/2012 - 10:00:38: [serverhop.smx] Server 108.178.55.43:27015 is down: no timely reply received
L 08/18/2012 - 10:02:14: Error log file session closed.
L 08/18/2012 - 10:05:00: SourceMod error session started
L 08/18/2012 - 10:05:00: Info (map "arena_badlands") (file "errors_20120818.log")
L 08/18/2012 - 10:05:00: [SM] Native "GetEntProp" reported: Property "m_iClass" not found (entity 0/worldspawn)
L 08/18/2012 - 10:05:00: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "freak_fortress_2.smx":
L 08/18/2012 - 10:05:00: [SM]   [0]  Line 304, D:\tf2server\sourcemod-1.4.4-windows\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\tf2_stocks.inc::TF2_GetPlayerClass()
L 08/18/2012 - 10:05:00: [SM]   [1]  Line 1901, D:\tf2server\plugins\freak_fortress_2.sp::checkFirstHale()
L 08/18/2012 - 10:05:09: [SM] Native "GetEntProp" reported: Property "m_iClass" not found (entity 0/worldspawn)
L 08/18/2012 - 10:05:09: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "freak_fortress_2.smx":
L 08/18/2012 - 10:05:09: [SM]   [0]  Line 304, D:\tf2server\sourcemod-1.4.4-windows\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\tf2_stocks.inc::TF2_GetPlayerClass()
L 08/18/2012 - 10:05:09: [SM]   [1]  Line 1901, D:\tf2server\plugins\freak_fortress_2.sp::checkFirstHale()
1.4.5-hg3536, tf2items and sdkhooks updated. Server still crashing after a few mins but some progress
Not sure why it's trying to get the class of the world entity. I'll look into it.

Edit: It'll probably be a few hours, as I'm about to leave to meet someone for lunch.
Old 08-23-2012 , 14:44   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #23

My stock duos are running well.

I update everything with last updades that ppl said here and put Voided ext too.

Also, i edited Gankplank and Demopan cfgs to remove "dropprop" line.

What isn't working is Boss Selection with duos, so i disable it.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2012 , 14:57   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #24

Are you guys using the updated Boss Selection by Powerlord?
If i recall, he changed something to making selection better...don't actually have the link but it somewhere a few pages back.
Old 08-24-2012 , 22:55   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otokiru View Post
@BBG_Theory, i think u missed this godly plugin: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=724109
Yes sir, I have tried that and currently have it and the nomvm ( mainly due to the hanging on "retrieving server info...)

I am POSITIVE of this I am going to almost call a fact, it has to do with new connections.
Here is why, I can lock the server and it will run for hours.
The fact it will run fine for a very long time once passworded ( no one else knows the pass), I have to rule out a boss problem. The minute the server ( after running a while) gets unpassworded or I join via pass, it crashes!

I have now striped down to bear minimums. No boss selection (via /ff2boss ), not much of anything

I dont have donor or anything like that EXCEPT for client preferences ( tied to remote SQL )
In fact what was using remote SQL was
"default"
"clientprefs"
"sourcebans"
"serverredirect"
and now that I have removed almost every possible plugin and yet still let basic FF2 work, so far I have not had a crash ( about 1 hour)

My current theory (haha) is it might have something to do with client preferences or the boss selection. Again what I have done for FF2, I still do for hale and PH and trade servers ( i run like 7 tf2 servers now) I have NO issues with anything else. Just FF2 and problems only after 8.15.2012 MvM

Again duplicated 3 times now is the following senerio:
server crashes, server fills up (maybe like 20 of 24 slots), I lock it down, It will run for an hour + however by that time, several have elected to leave. So when it gets down to like maybe 10 folks playing, I unlock it OR I connect via the password I set. The second someone connects, it crashes! So im thinking, what could be sensitive to a new client connection?

This is just the wierdest thing.. again Windows runs far better, but when it crashes, its dead till I restart. On linux, the server recovers in like 10 seconds

Why only FF2? and not VSH?

I plan on slowly ( only like 2 variables at a time ) adding back SLOWLY once I am at a point of being stable. My gut is saying either boss selection or client preferences (non SQL lite)

I have gone to several of you guys servers and some of you all are runing from 70 to 100 plugins

I have also learned that one of the versions of FF2 out there is responsible for the no duos
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 08-25-2012 , 02:14   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
Yes sir, I have tried that and currently have it and the nomvm ( mainly due to the hanging on "retrieving server info...)

I am POSITIVE of this I am going to almost call a fact, it has to do with new connections.
Here is why, I can lock the server and it will run for hours.
The fact it will run fine for a very long time once passworded ( no one else knows the pass), I have to rule out a boss problem. The minute the server ( after running a while) gets unpassworded or I join via pass, it crashes!

I have now striped down to bear minimums. No boss selection (via /ff2boss ), not much of anything

I dont have donor or anything like that EXCEPT for client preferences ( tied to remote SQL )
In fact what was using remote SQL was
"default"
"clientprefs"
"sourcebans"
"serverredirect"
and now that I have removed almost every possible plugin and yet still let basic FF2 work, so far I have not had a crash ( about 1 hour)

My current theory (haha) is it might have something to do with client preferences or the boss selection. Again what I have done for FF2, I still do for hale and PH and trade servers ( i run like 7 tf2 servers now) I have NO issues with anything else. Just FF2 and problems only after 8.15.2012 MvM

Again duplicated 3 times now is the following senerio:
server crashes, server fills up (maybe like 20 of 24 slots), I lock it down, It will run for an hour + however by that time, several have elected to leave. So when it gets down to like maybe 10 folks playing, I unlock it OR I connect via the password I set. The second someone connects, it crashes! So im thinking, what could be sensitive to a new client connection?

This is just the wierdest thing.. again Windows runs far better, but when it crashes, its dead till I restart. On linux, the server recovers in like 10 seconds

Why only FF2? and not VSH?

I plan on slowly ( only like 2 variables at a time ) adding back SLOWLY once I am at a point of being stable. My gut is saying either boss selection or client preferences (non SQL lite)

I have gone to several of you guys servers and some of you all are runing from 70 to 100 plugins

I have also learned that one of the versions of FF2 out there is responsible for the no duos
Have you thought of the possibility of a "script kiddie" crashing your server on connect? IDK....just another possibility. Have you followed all steps http://wiki.alliedmods.net/SRCDS_Hardening

Or something in your server config...

Also did you try just running a few of the stock "freaks".
lamasniu
Old 09-11-2012 , 22:01   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
That looks like the original version. I wrote a new version of that at some point that works off of the boss name rather than its position in the list (and allows the boss choice to persist across map changes iirc). Don't know where it is in the thread, but the source code for it is in Steell's repository.
This one?

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...postcount=1879

I only ask because I have no idea how to compile :-s

Also, I was using RavenBros and now for some odd reason my two lists are not working . Only one list is showing up. This is my current character.cfg but only Cool Bosses 1 shows up :-s. I am going to try the above Boss Selection to see how that fairs out.
Code:
"FF2 Cool Bosses 1"
{
	"1" "mario2"
	"2" "luigi"	
	"3" "manny"
	"4" "zombie"
	"5" "scream"
	"6" "hhh_hale"
	"7" "warhammer_40k"
	"8" "duke_nukem"
	"9" "rocket"
	"10" "secks"
	"11" "ass_pancakes"	
	"12" "gangplank_2"	
	"13" "serioussam_2"		
	"14" "freddy_krueger"		
	"15" "bad_ass_engineer"
	"16" "bionic_commando"	
	"17" "chainsaw_billy"		
	"18" "femspy"
	"19" "saxtonhale"
	"20" "gentlespy"
}

"FF2 Cool Bosses 2"
{
	"1" "radigan"
	"2" "demopan"
	"3" "koishi"
	"4" "sandmen"
	"5" "sakuya"
	"6" "staregineer"
	"7" "bill"
	"8" "aya"
	"9" "mokou"
	"10" "admin"
	"11" "hvywepspy" 
	"12" "cuddly"
	"13" "arnold"
	"14" "gaben"
	"15" "cavejohnson"
	"16" "gentlemen"
	"17" "joker"
	"18" "botscout"
	"19" "botsoldier"
	"20" "krk"

}
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-30-2012 , 16:03   Re: [Plugin] Boss Selection
Reply With Quote #28

As far as I'm aware, the latest version of this plugin is this one on page 2.

I broke this out into its own thread after having a LOT of trouble finding it when setting up my server.

Last edited by Powerlord; 09-30-2012 at 16:04.
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2012 , 16:23   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Instead, it has a ff2_boss command override. A command override gives you much more flexibility... before, you either had this command available to everyone or to anyone who had the generic admin flag. Now, you can assign it to flag "a" (reserve slot holders) or any other flag you want without having to recompile the plugin.
Is there a config generated for this plugin to be able to modify? (still working on uploading files, maps, models, etc -- and haven't started the server with FF2 enabled which is why I ask before I try and use this)
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-30-2012 , 17:19   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
Is there a config generated for this plugin to be able to modify? (still working on uploading files, maps, models, etc -- and haven't started the server with FF2 enabled which is why I ask before I try and use this)
Nope, you have to edit it in addons/sourcemod/configs/admin_overrides.cfg (which should already exist).

Or you can just leave it alone, in which case it'll use the default.

There is a slight bug, though... it automatically pops up the selection box if you're the next boss, but it it now pops up sooner than the boss description does. Whoops, I'll probably fix that soon.