Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Player Details Not Showing - new install

Post New Thread Reply   

mailboxhead
Old 01-31-2019 , 16:14   Player Details Not Showing - new install
Reply With Quote #1

Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for the help. Just stood up HLStatsX for our annual CSGO Lan Party (aka GeekFest). This year did a manual install on apache and although it took a while, everyone's help here got me through it.

The last (hopefully) problem I have is that the playerdetails screen will not show player details. Players appear in the ranks (players) but no details. I'm thinking it's a setting as we only did one day of testing and there may be a parameter that says you need more than 1 day on the server, but I can't find it. There's also this vague alarm ringing in my head about a statsme or other plugin needed for hitbox details. Just can't remember. Appreciate the help.

You can see for yourself at: http://geekfest.live/hlstats/hlstats.php?game=csgo
andrepires68
Old 03-18-2020 , 19:00   Re: Player Details Not Showing - new install
Reply With Quote #2

I am also having the problem of not seeing the player details, the logs at the run_hlstats/logs folder do not indicate anything unusual, the page simply gets stuck at loading and everything else works fine, except when clicking on an award, that displays a blank page.

Do I need to install some sort of plugin to be able to load this page?

I have deleted some games and now I currently only have these and my only server is running Counter-Strike:Source

My site URL on the HlstatsX admin page is set to http://ip/hlstats.php

I'm running PHP 7.4.3
Mysql Ver 8.0.19 for Linux on x86_64 (MySQL Community Server - GPL)
Ubuntu 18.0.4
Server version: Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu)

Last edited by andrepires68; 03-18-2020 at 19:15. Reason: Clarifying.
andrepires68
Old 03-18-2020 , 19:55   Re: Player Details Not Showing - new install
Reply With Quote #3

Hello, I have found a fix:
If you are on Ubuntu it might be useful to display php errors. If running on a apache2 server edit your php.ini file and set display_errors = On, by default it will be set to Off. That's how I've figured the errors:

I was getting the error undefined function call to curl_init and I had to install php curl with this command sudo apt-get install php-curl
Then I was also getting the error Call to undefined function: simplexml_load_string() and had to install simplexml for php, in my case: sudo apt install php7.4-xml

Regarding the daily awards page being blank, I was getting the error: Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_num_rows() in /var/www/html/pages/dailyawardinfo.php:145 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/hlstats.php(224): include() #1 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/pages/dailyawardinfo.php on line 145
This is happening because this php version now uses mysqli* function calls instead of mysql* function calls.
Switching the function name to mysqli_num_rows() fixed it.

Hope this can help you!

Last edited by andrepires68; 03-18-2020 at 19:58. Reason: Clarifying the fix reason
CommanderSix
Old 04-23-2020 , 16:05   Re: Player Details Not Showing - new install
Reply With Quote #4

I got my old gang from 20 years ago (!) to play us some CSGO and now we're having a blast almost every night when our kids go to sleep :-)

No idea how long it's going to last, but I couldn't help install HLstatsX! You know... bragging rights :-)

After going through hell with bad tutorials, missing information and unsupported software, OS, apps, scripts... I finally made it!

And most of it with help from other people on this forum. This place is a gold mine!

When I finally did everything correctly, and everything worked - the player profile page was the last thing I had to get working.

I don't know if you've helped the OP, but you for sure have helped me!

Just want you to know that I made an account on Allied Mods just so I can post a thank you note here.

Thank you andrepires68!