Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[SourceReports] Player reporting framework (with Steam support!)

Post New Thread Reply   

DrunkenBombers
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-17-2013 , 13:29   Re: [SourceReports] Player reporting framework (with Steam support!)
Reply With Quote #11

Thanks for sharing this, Zeph. Pretty amazing.
DrunkenBombers
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-17-2013 , 13:44   Re: [SourceReports] Player reporting framework (with Steam support!)
Reply With Quote #12

It works perfectly, tested it on a TF2 server.

EDIT: Running in to an issue with adding more admins to contact. Should this be in the format of:

"1" "steamid"
"2" "steamid" ?

Last edited by DrunkenBombers; 04-17-2013 at 13:55.
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 04-17-2013 , 14:20   Re: [SourceReports] Player reporting framework (with Steam support!)
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenBombers View Post
It works perfectly, tested it on a TF2 server.

EDIT: Running in to an issue with adding more admins to contact. Should this be in the format of:

"1" "steamid"
"2" "steamid" ?
exactly
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-17-2013 , 14:20   Re: [SourceReports] Player reporting framework (with Steam support!)
Reply With Quote #14

This is simply a frame work right nothing in it to send reports? Or does it handle that as well internally not through the available api?
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 04-17-2013 , 14:24   Re: [SourceReports] Player reporting framework (with Steam support!)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-Holiday View Post
This is simply a frame work right nothing in it to send reports? Or does it handle that as well internally not through the available api?
it has a sample (fully working) plugin to send reports through steam without the need for any external application, it uses an extension that connects to a bot account that adds the specified ppl on its friendlist and messages them in case of a report, its fully usable as is, but as popoklopsi and impact released their own framework I would work out something with them, theres no point having two APIs, so we should merge our code as it seems to be the best, whether its adding features from mine to theirs or reverse

edit: the reason i would think a merge (fusion?) would be appropiate so it could reach out to low budget servers without an own webhost or mysql and we could both learn from eachother's code for sure

Last edited by Zephyrus; 04-17-2013 at 14:33.
DrunkenBombers
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-17-2013 , 14:32   Re: [SourceReports] Player reporting framework (with Steam support!)
Reply With Quote #16

Not sure if you care to take suggestions at this stage of development. But if you do, I have one. Maybe make it possible for the bot to not send reports to the listed admins when their status is set to Busy. Anyway, about the above post, I set it up in that format and we both don't receive messages so I'm not sure what could be wrong.

Last edited by DrunkenBombers; 04-17-2013 at 14:33.
Doc-Holiday
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-17-2013 , 14:37   Re: Re: [SourceReports] Player reporting framework (with Steam support!)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
it has a sample (fully working) plugin to send reports through steam without the need for any external application, it uses an extension that connects to a bot account that adds the specified ppl on its friendlist and messages them in case of a report, its fully usable as is, but as popoklopsi and impact released their own framework I would work out something with them, theres no point having two APIs, so we should merge our code as it seems to be the best, whether its adding features from mine to theirs or reverse

edit: the reason i would think a merge (fusion?) would be appropiate so it could reach out to low budget servers without an own webhost or mysql and we could both learn from eachother's code for sure
The frame work is what I am interested in for my report to forums plugin. Just finished up the api for it. So altering admins via steam would be a nice addition once the bugs are worked out of the core rtf plugin.

I would like to see this method win out as having admins download a separate client would suck
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 04-17-2013 , 14:38   Re: [SourceReports] Player reporting framework (with Steam support!)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenBombers View Post
Not sure if you care to take suggestions at this stage of development. But if you do, I have one. Maybe make it possible for the bot to not send reports to the listed admins when their status is set to Busy. Anyway, about the above post, I set it up in that format and we both don't receive messages so I'm not sure what could be wrong.
in logs you can verify it did log into steam, the bot should be online and reported to be playing on steam, you have to disable steamguard on the bot account in order to log in properly, if you have tf2 server you may have to go into gamedata and decrease the offsets by as they are pretty much assumptions yet and should be tested on more platforms and games, if you cant figure it out you can add me on steam and i can help you set it up
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-17-2013 , 14:40   Re: [SourceReports] Player reporting framework (with Steam support!)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
in logs you can verify it did log into steam, the bot should be online and reported to be playing on steam, you have to disable steamguard on the bot account in order to log in properly, if you have tf2 server you may have to go into gamedata and decrease the offsets by as they are pretty much assumptions yet and should be tested on more platforms and games, if you cant figure it out you can add me on steam and i can help you set it up
Oh I have it setup and sending reports to a single steam account. The issue is when I add another steam to the recipients.txt.
dordnung
Veteran Member
Old 04-17-2013 , 14:57   Re: [SourceReports] Player reporting framework (with Steam support!)
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:

I think this is a very good idea, for all of us and for the community.

Last edited by dordnung; 04-17-2013 at 14:58.