Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release

Post New Thread Reply   

Jindo
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-17-2009 , 20:32   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #11

Well this is exciting!

I shall be giving this a try on my server for sure!

I understand also that it is a beta and things like the web interface might not be 100%, I should be able to get everything set up and working okay though.

Last edited by Jindo; 08-17-2009 at 20:35.
SirLamer
Old 08-18-2009 , 00:53   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydan View Post
Code:
in upload.php
function get_meta_data($full_path, $do_md5 = FALSE) {
 require_once "include/getid3/getid3.php";
where is the "getid3" file in the zip file
You are right, I missed this folder in the published bundle.

Panda, the new error you found is related to the same issue Raydan found.

The "back to main" link is a relic of the original example program that I am borrowing. It doesn't suit the title bar menu interface I have chosen. I will remove the link.

Regarding the database credentials issue, I left out details regarding the MySQL connection setup. The MySQL database connection is actually managed by SourceMod itself, using a single user connection for all plugins. You need to configure addons/sourcemod/configs/database.cfg with your MySQL connection info. If you have not done so for another plugin, then this is the problem.

Attached to this post is a zip with new and changed script files for the website server. Please use them to update your installs. The release in the first post will also be updated with the new version.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Jukebox for Source - UPGRADE 0.3.2.0 to 0.3.2.1.zip (72.9 KB, 79 views)

Plugins: Jukebox for Source
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2009 , 05:00   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLamer View Post
You are right, I missed this folder in the published bundle.

Panda, the new error you found is related to the same issue Raydan found.

The "back to main" link is a relic of the original example program that I am borrowing. It doesn't suit the title bar menu interface I have chosen. I will remove the link.

Regarding the database credentials issue, I left out details regarding the MySQL connection setup. The MySQL database connection is actually managed by SourceMod itself, using a single user connection for all plugins. You need to configure addons/sourcemod/configs/database.cfg with your MySQL connection info. If you have not done so for another plugin, then this is the problem.

Also: After uploading your update for the web-side of things, the upload tracks page has checkboxes by files. "continue with selected" does nothing though. Also, I am still unable to create new users. Hopefully this is something with my setup, but I need to sleep and I'll be able to test it more thoroughly tomorrow.

Also: Not completely sure what you added with your update tonight, but here is the status of things: There are now checkboxes next to items in the add tracks page, but continue with selected does nothing. I am still unable to create users. I am hoping this is just my mysql setup.

Attached to this post is a zip with new and changed script files for the website server. Please use them to update your installs. The release in the first post will also be updated with the new version.
Does it use the "default" section in databases.cfg? I think it would be great if it had it's own section in there. Each of my plugins that requires a database has it's own database on my web server, so it'd be great if jukebox had it's own entry in databases.

Last edited by Sexual Harassment Panda; 08-18-2009 at 05:07.
SirLamer
Old 08-18-2009 , 14:29   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #14

It does use the default connection. I think it's rare for people to use multiple databases for one server. For now this is the only way for it to work, but a simple change could permit you to use another database connection. I will look into making this change for you, hopefully today.

Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2009 , 16:30   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #15

Thanks a lot man. Excited at getting this all working.
Old 08-18-2009 , 16:58   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLamer View Post
I think it's rare for people to use multiple databases for one server.
Indeed, I've got all my SQL Plugins using the same database, but with their own unique tables instead, it's certainly the better way to go if you have a limited number of databases, especially if you have other uses for them.
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2009 , 17:56   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #17

well yeah, if i had limited databases, I would be doing tables too, but hostgator gives me unlimited databases storage and bandwidth, so i just make databases.
Old 08-18-2009 , 18:06   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #18

Well, in that case, what ever works best for you .
SirLamer
Old 08-19-2009 , 03:27   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #19

The big advantage to a single database is that you only have to manage and playtest a single connection. Multipe databases are useful if you need reliability through redundant availability or if you have so much database traffic that you need to split up services onto multiple machines. Otherwise, you're just creating extra work for yourself. Since SourceMod doesn't really demand 99.99% availability and there are only 24 or so users at a time, there isn't a need for many databases, especially running off the same server machine. Nonetheless, I will add the ability to do it.

I was busy today, so I'll do it tomorrow.

Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2009 , 03:42   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #20

no problem man, take your time.