Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release

Post New Thread Reply   

SirLamer
Old 09-25-2009 , 23:47   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #51

Quick update.

There is still a stability issue when you are running bots. It will often cause the server to crash on map change. Again, this is only an issue if you run bots (such as the SourceTV client) on your server.

Other than this, Jukebox is running great for me, but I haven't heard much from anyone else in awhile. I'd like to hear of both problems and sucesses.

I'll put an update out tomorrow. I might finally publish it to the plugin library.

Plugins: Jukebox for Source
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2009 , 13:08   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #52

My server is down atm, but when it comes back up on monday, I'll be updating you on how it's working.
Old 09-27-2009 , 14:32   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #53

Hello everyone!

I'm new to source servers and I'd really like to host one someday. For now, though, I'm sticking to a local server I can take to LANs. This plug-in seems really neat, but I'm having trouble early on in the setup procedure. I believe I have completed the Installation properly, but when I go to view the index page of jukebox, I get a bunch of php with an error of:

Code:
Fatal error:  Call to a member function value() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\jukebox\include\security.php on line 22
Code:
22: <tr><td>Username:</td><td><input type="text" name="user" maxlength="30" value="{$form->value("user")}"></td><td>{$form->error("user")}</td></tr>
Has anyone else encountered this? Is it an error on my xampp install? If you need any other information, please let me know

Thank you!

Last edited by millenium.dare; 09-27-2009 at 14:34. Reason: Added line 22 from security.php
SirLamer
Old 09-27-2009 , 23:28   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #54

I think it's a matter of how different systems might interpret that code. It runs fine on my system, but it could be confusing the parser. I'll re-structure it.

I was just about to publish a new update and publish to the main plugin library, too. I will make this fix you need before I publish, and it will be in the next update.

SirLamer
Old 09-28-2009 , 00:45   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #55

Okay, attached is an update to version 0.4.0.0. I have formally submitted the plugin for approval. Click here to go to the new official thread.

There is one important change for upgraders that may require a manual adjustment. If you are running a Remote File Server, you'll need to move the music folders from the "tracks" subfolder to the base folder identified by your Remote File Server FTP credentials. I don't think anyone but me is using this, though.

For those of you who will be upgrading, here is a summary of changes:
  • First occasional crash on map change when a bot is on the server.
  • Corrected command line parsing of the !jb functions so that hyphenated words can properly be used in a search query.
  • Changed folder structure of Remote File Server by removing the "tracks" subfolder.
  • The Remote Transfer script now runs by itself in the background when tracks are added to the library.
  • Fixed the parsing error in the website's login script identified by millenium.dare.

Please refer to the new official Jukebox thread for all future discussion and updates.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Jukebox for Source - UPGRADE 0.3.6.0 to 0.4.0.0.zip (179.1 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by SirLamer; 09-28-2009 at 01:20.