Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)

Post New Thread Reply   

jpwanabe
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2014 , 23:08   Re: Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)
Reply With Quote #91

Any way you could make this support bigger groups? psychonic's plugin hasn't been updated yet.
Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-28-2014 , 01:07   Re: Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)
Reply With Quote #92

I don't currently have plans to do so, although it's technically possible to loop through multiple pages of the XML API. I'll look into it, but I'm also very busy lately (getting ready for my wedding), so I don't have a lot of time to devote to it. I just wanted to make sure I got a fix out for the other issue so people weren't dead in the water.

EDIT:
Due to the extreme likelihood of such a feature causing the Valve API servers to be hammered badly (like if someone adds one of the ton of groups on Steam with more than 10,000 users, or worse yet, one of the many groups with 100,000 users, which would cause 100 requests), I'm not going to implement this. With Psychonic's method, when someone connects to the server, a single request is made looking that person up. It's much more suitable for those giant group situations. Additionally, the only benefit to my plugin over Psychonic's is that it works with reserved slots, and I can't imagine a scenario where a server operator would really want to give a group larger than 1,000 all reserved slots. If you need to give people some special perk for being part of a giant community group, just use Psychonic's.

Last edited by Mister_Magotchi; 09-01-2014 at 15:10.
medic917
Old 08-29-2014 , 02:22   Re: Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)
Reply With Quote #93

congrats on your wedding magotchi.
Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-29-2014 , 11:21   Re: Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)
Reply With Quote #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic917 View Post
congrats on your wedding magotchi.
Thank you!
markg
Old 09-04-2014 , 22:10   Re: Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)
Reply With Quote #95

I have been using this on all our servers, and it has been great, as I just have to add people to the group to give them admin/mod/donor etc functions.

since the last update, it doesn't work. I updated to the b version, still broken.

im currently using metamod 1.10.2, sourcemod 1.6.2 dev 4558

any ideas? anything I can do to troubleshoot this?

thanks in advance for any help.

mark

ps congratulations on your wedding.
Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-05-2014 , 17:40   Re: Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)
Reply With Quote #96

What game and operating system are you running? If it's not TF2, when you type "status" in the console, do you see Steam IDs in the old format (STEAM_0...) or the new format? Do you see any files in "addons/sourcemod/data/steam-group-admins-http" that look like "55555555.xml"? If so, do they have recent timestamps, and do they contain lines that look like "<steamID64>76561197555555555</steamID64>"? Also, I'm PM'ing you to possibly help you with it on Steam, in case there might be some issue I'm not aware of with my update. The old version I haven't changed at all, and the "b" version only has very minor changes in the way the Steam ID 64 is converted to the in-game Steam ID format, and it worked for me on my Windows TF2 server.

Also, thanks for the congratulations.

Last edited by Mister_Magotchi; 09-05-2014 at 18:06.
markg
Old 09-05-2014 , 22:03   Re: Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)
Reply With Quote #97

thanks for the response; I added you so we can work this out when you have time.

im running TF2 on Windows Server 2008R2. the files are all there, and appear correct, so it might not be your plugin; but this is how I enable all but two admins (root admins) and all the functions are broken.

I updated to the 'b' version because the functionality stopped working and I thought that might fix it.

anyway, when you get time, pm me and we can work through this; I can give you access also if that would help.
Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-08-2014 , 22:01   Re: Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)
Reply With Quote #98

Thanks to the troubleshooting process on markg's server, I've caught something I probably wouldn't have caught otherwise:

Apparently the new Steam ID format version only works in the 1.7 branch of SourceMod, and the old Steam ID format version only works in the 1.6 branch of SourceMod.

I've updated the documentation in the Download Options section above for clarity.

EDIT:
This seems to be because on August 21st, Psychonic added a backward compatibility "hack" (as he called it) to the 1.6 branch code, but not to the 1.7 (master) branch code. I think this means that 1.7 requires the Steam ID format used by admin plugins to match the game's format, but 1.6 will magically work with the old (although I don't think it will work with the new).

Last edited by Mister_Magotchi; 09-08-2014 at 22:25.
markg
Old 12-25-2014 , 21:56   Re: Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)
Reply With Quote #99

I think its broken again.

im using metamod 1.10.4 and sourcemod 1.6.3 on tf2

here is some of the log output; it just does this every map change

Spoiler

perhaps steam doesn't allow you to interrogate members any more? since the group members don't list in steam browser any more?

Last edited by markg; 12-26-2014 at 09:04.
Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-27-2014 , 14:36   Re: Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)
Reply With Quote #100

I just tested it on my TF2 server, and it's still working for me, even after deleting my local cache files. Do you think maybe it was a temporary problem with the Steam API?