Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[ANY] Reserved Slots with tVip support (v2.3, 2019-07-23)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
plock
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
Reserved Slots with tVip support
Old 04-13-2018 , 12:10   [ANY] Reserved Slots with tVip support (v2.3, 2019-07-23)
Reply With Quote #1

Latest version: 2.3

This plugin is designed to work as any other Reserved Slots plugin. The main difference is that it's compatible with tVip, which was the reason I developed this plugin.

Note: This plugin won’t add extra slots on the server. It will reserve an amount of slots from the server for the desired flag on the configuration.

• Added tVip compatibility. (Avoid user being kicked when the flag is not properly loaded)
• Reserved slots will be used dinamically. No need to rejoin the server to fill the reserved slot.
• Forwards for Developers.
• Admin Bypass
• Configuration to avoid Spectators as players. (Players count)
• Configuration to avoid Admins as players. (Players count)
• Different Reserved Slots methods:
0 - Normal (Only VIP can use those slots, won't kick)
1 - Kick latest player when VIP joins
2 - Kick highest Ping when VIP joins
3 - Normal with sv_visiblemaxplayers compatibility

Spoiler

IMPORTANT: If you have "tvip_method" below 3, you must set both CVARs ("tvip_reservedslots" and "tvip_serverslots") to above 0 to enable the plugin.

Example #1 (My server has 20 slots and I want 2 reserved slots. Results: 18 players will be able to join and 2 VIPs with reserved slots flag):
Quote:
tvip_reservedslots 2
tvip_serverslots 20
Example #2 (My server has 12 slots and I want 2 reserved slots, but only 10 players in total (VIP and Non-Vip) to join the server. Results: 8 players will be able to join and 2 VIPs with reserved slots flag:
Quote:
tvip_reservedslots 2
tvip_serverslots 10
Note: If you set the "tvip_serverslots" less than the amount of slots on the server, the server will limit players until the number on "tvip_serverslots". As in the example above, in my 12 slots server, I've set 10 slots in "tvip_serverslots", so only 10 players will be able to play simultaneously (vip and non-vip), but 2 out of 10 slots are reserverd for VIPs.

Example #3 (My server has 12 slots and I want 10 reserved slots, but only 10 players in total (VIP and Non-Vip) to join the server. Results: 10 players will be able to join and 10 VIPs with reserved slots flag will be able to join and kick a player.:
Quote:
tvip_reservedslots 10
tvip_serverslots 10
tvip_method 1
Example #4 (My server has 24 slots and I have sv_visiblemaxplayers 20, but I want those 4 slots reserved to VIP. Results: 20 players will be able to join and 4 VIPs with reserved slots flag):
Quote:
sv_visiblemaxplayers 20
tvip_serverslots 24
tvip_method 3
Note: The Couting CVARs won't add or remove any slot from your server, they work together with "tvip_serverslots". For example, if you have a 12 slots servers and you need 10 players to start a match, but there are 9 players in a team and an Admin in Spectator, also your "tvip_serverslots" are set to 10 another wouldn't be able to fill the team. Then you can disable the counting of players in spectators, by doing that, the plugin will consider only the players in a team (CT or T) and it will allow another player to fill the slot (If your server has enough slots to fill everyone)

Quote:
public void tVip_ReservedSlotsJoin (int client) {}
public void tVip_ReservedSlotsLeft (int client) {}

Drop "tVip_ReservedSlots.smx" inside Plugins folder.
Drop "tvip_reserved.phrases.txt" inside Translations folder.

Change map to generate the .cfg file and setup your CVARs.

Only if CVAR "tvip_plugin" is set to 1:
tVip by Totenfluch.

DONE - Add CVAR for counting or not players in spectate team. (For example if someone is spectating a match or recording they won't be filling a normal player slot in the plugin)
DONE - Add CVAR for counting or not admins in spectate team as players (Admins spectating for hackers etc won't be filling a normal player slot in the plugin)
DONE - Add CVAR for counting or not VIPs in spectator team. (This will avoid VIPs in spectator from using reserved slots)
DONE - - Compatibility with sv_visiblemaxplayers and/or add CVARs to use reserved slots as hidden slots or customize a custom amount of hidden slots.

Spoiler

Thanks to Totenfluch for some help with the Plugin and for the awesome tVip.
Thanks to Dr!fter, Sikari and Techno for some help.
Thanks to Notifications for extensive testing.

If you have any issues, just let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tvip_reserved.phrases.txt (620 Bytes, 1235 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (tVip_ReservedSlots.sp - 755 views - 20.8 KB)
File Type: smx tVip_ReservedSlots.smx (16.1 KB, 790 views)

Owner/Developer at Kniv
My Steam Profile

Last edited by plock; 07-24-2019 at 00:55. Reason: Version 2.3
Pardieiro
Old 04-13-2018 , 13:51   Re: [ANY][tVip] Reserved Slots (v1.0, 2018-04-13)
Reply With Quote #2

Good work, working just fine on csgo
wolvez04
Old 04-13-2018 , 23:18   Re: [ANY][tVip] Reserved Slots (v1.0, 2018-04-13)
Reply With Quote #3

Perfect, nice release! Can you also provide suggested reserved slots cvars, as some people may think this creates reserved slots automatically?

plock
Old 04-14-2018 , 10:13   Re: [ANY][tVip] Reserved Slots (v1.0, 2018-04-13)
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvez04 View Post
Perfect, nice release! Can you also provide suggested reserved slots cvars, as some people may think this creates reserved slots automatically?
Thanks for the suggestion. I added an example, I think it's more clear.

Owner/Developer at Kniv
My Steam Profile
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-14-2018 , 11:32   Re: [ANY][tVip] Reserved Slots (v1.0, 2018-04-13)
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by plock View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I added an example, I think it's more clear.
Does this add hidden slots on top of the max client slots or does it take away from the max client slots (for example, 30 slot server only 28 can join if 3 slots are reserved)
plock
Old 04-14-2018 , 11:45   Re: [ANY][tVip] Reserved Slots (v1.0, 2018-04-13)
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubricant Jam View Post
Does this add hidden slots on top of the max client slots or does it take away from the max client slots (for example, 30 slot server only 28 can join if 3 slots are reserved)
It doesn’t add slots to the server. It takes away from max client slots. In your example 28 player will be able to join in your 30 slots server if you have 2 reserved slots.

I will improve the description and try to make it more clear. (:

Owner/Developer at Kniv
My Steam Profile
ownage13
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-25-2018 , 21:29   Re: [ANY][tVip] Reserved Slots (v1.0, 2018-04-13)
Reply With Quote #7

I'm trying to get this version to load and I was finally able to test the res slot access to this plugin and I can't seem to get it to work. When said users are in that have the tVip flag "a" it shows they have the res slot access but when they try to join on a full server it says dropped due to slot res. Do I need to take out the sourcemod base reserved slots plugin for this plugin to work? (:
plock
Old 07-25-2018 , 22:29   Re: [ANY][tVip] Reserved Slots (v1.0, 2018-04-13)
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage13 View Post
I'm trying to get this version to load and I was finally able to test the res slot access to this plugin and I can't seem to get it to work. When said users are in that have the tVip flag "a" it shows they have the res slot access but when they try to join on a full server it says dropped due to slot res. Do I need to take out the sourcemod base reserved slots plugin for this plugin to work? (:
Hi ownage13,

You can leave sourcemod's reserved slots plugin on the server, just make sure you have "sm_reserved_slots" set to 0.

How many slots do you have in your server and how did you setup your cvars from this plugin?

Regards,
Plock

Owner/Developer at Kniv
My Steam Profile

Last edited by plock; 07-25-2018 at 22:29.
ownage13
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-26-2018 , 00:26   Re: [ANY][tVip] Reserved Slots (v1.0, 2018-04-13)
Reply With Quote #9

Hey plock,

I have gone ahead and set sm_reserved_slots from the sourcemod.cfg file to 0. I will test this out and see if that was the cause of the issue. Right now we have a 12 slot server but we run a retake server so it only allows 9 players before its filled. So I set my tvip_reservedslots to 3 and my tvip_serverslots to 12. so when the 10th player comes in it kicks #9 player out for res slot (: Unless I didnt set that part up correctly too :/
ownage13
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-26-2018 , 00:28   Re: [ANY][tVip] Reserved Slots (v1.0, 2018-04-13)
Reply With Quote #10

Also I should mention most of my VIP's have been setup through sourcebans cause I did not know this plugin existed for tVip. I tried to get the author do do something like this for his plugin but he told me if enough people wanted it he would do it but never got around to doing it. So what I'm wondering is will this tVip res slot plugin still work for users setup in sourcebans too? (: