[CSGO]"PrecacheVars: error..." spam on map change

Post New Thread Reply   

Effeff
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-28-2020 , 15:59   [CSGO]"PrecacheVars: error..." spam on map change
Reply With Quote #1

Game: CSGO

Quote:
CMaterial:recacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/swamp/pet/pet_alligator_color
CMaterial:recacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/swamp/foliage/waterplant_overlay
CMaterial:recacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/swamp/sawmill/water_tower_advertising
After searching on this forum I only found these two links:
one
two
neither seem to help.

* This error spam always occurs on map change, and the error spam is always spamming errors about vmt files from the previous map - not the map that is currently being loaded.

* This error spam does not occur when I load any of these maps locally on my own machine.

* This error spam occurs with addons folder renamed to 1addons.

* The maps being switched to/from are all workshop maps.

* I added them to the server via host_workshop_map, switching maps with changelevel

* The error spam stops when I upload the .bsp's to my download server for fastdl.

* I have tried deleting the workshop maps from my pc locally and downloading them as I join the server again. Doesn't work (said missing map for some reason? wasn't happening earlier). I made a folder manually on my machine and manually downloaded workshop maps via FTP (version of the map that was in the workshop folder on the game server itself) and tried joining. Same error spam about the previous map.

I am pretty confident that it is not an issue with the maps - I'm using these maps: (Mapcore) CSGO Exotic Places Contest Top 10 Finalists

Any ideas? Do I just abandon workshop? It makes all but one of these maps unplayable as all of them are above 150MB. Just trying to make a basic casual server with dope workshop maps and it's just not working out.

Last edited by Effeff; 03-28-2020 at 16:21. Reason: forgot to tag.