Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Making your very own NextBot NPC with base_boss (Making base_boss your bitch)

Post New Thread Reply   

Pelipoika
Veteran Member
Old 01-17-2020 , 17:55   Re: [TF2] Making your very own NextBot NPC with base_boss (Making base_boss your bitc
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicogmaing View Post
Will that extension also work in CS:GO?
not a chance
Old 09-01-2020 , 22:23   Re: [TF2] Making your very own NextBot NPC with base_boss (Making base_boss your bitc
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelipoika View Post
You're not supposed to be able to use the example, it's an example and it's requirements are still private (A little longer).
Would it be possible to make zombie nextbots spawn around players on the opposite team similar to how the "tf_halloween_zombie_mob_enabled" waves spawn skeletons around players or how "tf_zombie_spawner" map entities spawn zombies? Although I would need them to be on blu team, which has stumped me---as I have not found any way to auto spawn blu team NPCs/nextbots/skeletons around players as they progress through a nav meshed szf cp map (aiming for a left 4 dead 2 experience; nextbots are really the only thing missing now in the new szf mode/plugin).

Also, has "A little longer" passed yet?

Thanks, any help/releases would be appreciated.

Last edited by ToasterOven; 09-02-2020 at 02:43.
Pelipoika
Veteran Member
Old 09-03-2020 , 15:21   Re: [TF2] Making your very own NextBot NPC with base_boss (Making base_boss your bitc
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
Would it be possible to make zombie nextbots spawn around players on the opposite team similar to how the "tf_halloween_zombie_mob_enabled" waves spawn skeletons around players or how "tf_zombie_spawner" map entities spawn zombies? Although I would need them to be on blu team, which has stumped me---as I have not found any way to auto spawn blu team NPCs/nextbots/skeletons around players as they progress through a nav meshed szf cp map (aiming for a left 4 dead 2 experience; nextbots are really the only thing missing now in the new szf mode/plugin).

Also, has "A little longer" passed yet?

Thanks, any help/releases would be appreciated.
Yes you can do that by coding it yourself obviously.
And yes "A little longer" passed a long time ago

Last edited by Pelipoika; 09-03-2020 at 15:21.
ToasterOven
Old 09-03-2020 , 17:03   Re: [TF2] Making your very own NextBot NPC with base_boss (Making base_boss your bitc
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelipoika View Post
Yes you can do that by coding it yourself obviously.
And yes "A little longer" passed a long time ago
Thanks for the information.

I guess my map will have to wait. If only there were spawn flags were in the FGD or the VDC, but there are none (excluding ent_create), and all research seems to indicate that tf_halloween_zombie_mob wave team flags (or equivalent) are nonexistent, thus impossible to implement in a Hammer map without coding.
I am not a SourcePawn coder (or coder of anything past "Hello world!")----only a simple mapper, so not much I can do, other than observe the problem----unfortunately.

All I know is that there is no team flag customization of the zombie_mob wave system (needs to be) and waves will not spawn unless there is at least 1 human player on each team (should just need 1 player on server period). Finally, specific to zombie servers skeletons would need to be reskinned, renamed, reanimated, rebalanced (hp, dmg, speed customization), and can't "gnome" into smaller skeletons.
^ so you are right, none of this is possible without coding ^

Any help you can provide relating to this dilemma would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Ref. tf_zombie "wave system": https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/S...nsole_commands

Last edited by ToasterOven; 09-04-2020 at 08:48.
Nightmare Pyro
Old 10-16-2020 , 18:39   Re: [TF2] Making your very own NextBot NPC with base_boss (Making base_boss your bitc
Reply With Quote #25

it seem not working. also you didn't provided plugin. do I compile script into plugin it no?

alos no error log.