Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:S] Supporter Trails v3.0.5 (Updated: 2/12/13)

Post New Thread Reply   

Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 05-11-2012 , 13:56   Re: [CS:S] Supporter Trails
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by joexxxx View Post
Hey Twistedpanda, I tried downloading your .smx file and it says it failed to compile contact the owner of the plugin. Any ideas?
Download the css_supporter_trails.smx that's attached directly to the post; don't hit Get Plugin.
Old 05-17-2012 , 18:34   Re: [CS:S] Supporter Trails
Reply With Quote #22

Panda ,

I use to use the previous ver on my HL2DM server so can you tell me what needs to be done to use this newer ver please ...

thanks
TheLaser
Old 06-07-2012 , 09:23   Re: [CS:S] Supporter Trails
Reply With Quote #23

Twisted,

I know your a busy person but when you state "ANY" and say you would support HL2DM one wonders why its not included in your downloads ? Im sure it would take you a few min out of your time to do this for us .. I have tried to replace the #include to Hl2mp and it will not compile because of other errors ...
Could you please keep your word on this .

Thank you
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 06-07-2012 , 10:24   Re: [CS:S] Supporter Trails
Reply With Quote #24

I know it may be hard to find some times, but the title clearly says [CS:S]. The thing is though, with a few small modifications the plugin would support HL2DM. But I haven't done so yet (namely because I do not play the game and you're about the only person with interest in it). It's a giant headache supporting a game you don't play. Just saying, as often as you ask for HL2DM support for plugins, you could have spent that time learning the basics of SM and would be more than capable of modifying the plugins yourself.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 06-07-2012 at 12:19.
TheLaser
Old 06-07-2012 , 12:27   Re: [CS:S] Supporter Trails
Reply With Quote #25

Twisted my friend I would if I was younger and didnt have vision and other disability's my friend and like you I make nothing keeping up fun filled servers for people to enjoy and HL2DM is by no means dead ... but you did state you would so thats why i asked you and if you did im sure i would not be the only one using it ... I could never grasp code but was always good at creating & concepts ....
So if you dont wana its ok ill live without .

thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 06-07-2012 , 12:44   Re: [CS:S] Supporter Trails
Reply With Quote #26

You would fair far better if you'd simply ask along the lines of "Have you had a chance to ______" rather than coming off the way you do. It's a tad irritating lol. If you ask nicely I'll throw up a HL2 server and see what's causing the errors.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 06-07-2012 at 12:44.
TheLaser
Old 06-07-2012 , 13:27   Re: [CS:S] Supporter Trails
Reply With Quote #27

LOL,

Sorry thought I was but thats what happend when ya get old and grumpy and not saying you but some others on here who take weeks months or years to help you or support the cause of gaming ...
I get frustrated because when ya get to be my age you donr have years to wait .. BTW im not getting errors if you install it I just dont get anything it will not show up because its looking for the game ... but yes if you would please .. and its prolly just a few things you would have to change and no need to put up a test server ill test it ,, also I still to this day use your Dessolver .......
this is me >
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 06-07-2012 , 13:40   Re: [CS:S] Supporter Trails
Reply With Quote #28

Tested and confirmed functional; can't guarantee it'll run properly all times though as I'm not familiar with HL2DM. Though on my first test there was some weird functionality with settings, everything was set to 0.0 so you couldn't see the trail in-game until you typed !trails and set things up. If this happens to you I'll look into it, but i think it was a side effect of the 2 dozen file mismatches.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hl2dm_supporter_trails.zip (44.6 KB, 214 views)
Old 06-07-2012 , 13:57   Re: [CS:S] Supporter Trails
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
I know it may be hard to find some times, but the title clearly says [CS:S].
In that case, can you please edit the first post and fix the Game field? Right now, it shows up in the Plugins list on the SourceMod site under Any rather than under Counter-Strike Source.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-07-2012 at 13:58.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 06-07-2012 , 14:02   Re: [CS:S] Supporter Trails
Reply With Quote #30

Powerlord, if you bothered to read the original post, it said I would add support for other games upon request. There hadn't been a request prior. I found TheLaser's method of requesting a little irritating, however, so he didn't get the response he wanted at first.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 06-07-2012 at 14:05.