Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved Check if an entity is in another one(or a zone)

Post New Thread Reply   

PawnVN
Old 08-20-2018 , 08:35   Check if an entity is in another one(or a zone)
Reply With Quote #1

Hello. I have been struggling to deal with this problem I've had for days. I am trying to detect when there is an entity of a specific class in a zone and do something with it. More specifically, the entity being an object in a basebuilder map. I tried to do it with register_touch, but that only worked when checking when the player is entering that zone. The so-called zone is a SOLID_TRIGGER entity with cubic form(not spherical). I want the zone to be passable through by players but when an entity is put in it to be returned to it's original position in the map(0, 0, 0). I can't figure out how to do the check.

I also tried the obvious alternative - checking the distance between the origin of the zone and the entity, but for every object on the map it showed the exact same distance. I tried with every possible distance-checking method and it still didn't calculate it properly. Guess the old engine is a bit too hard on the newbies when it comes to origins and positions. If you can enlighten me a bit about that origin problem too I would be very grateful!

Any help is much appreciated!

Last edited by PawnVN; 08-21-2018 at 07:05.
Natsheh
Veteran Member
Old 08-20-2018 , 13:36   Re: Check if an entity is in another one(or a zone)
Reply With Quote #2

If its for basebuilder you need to check if the entity will be stuck before moving.

Try searching for stuck functions.
@VIP System 100% done !

Last edited by Natsheh; 08-20-2018 at 13:36.
Send a message via MSN to Natsheh Send a message via Skype™ to Natsheh
PawnVN
Old 08-20-2018 , 13:41   Re: Check if an entity is in another one(or a zone)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsheh View Post
If its for basebuilder you need to check if the entity will be stuck before moving.

Try searching for stuck functions.
I get what you mean, but the zone entity is not a solid one but a trigger. And, in addition, the basebuilder plugin I use does not have a stuck check. Isn't there just a way to check an entity entering a trigger? I tried to change the zone to a SOLID_BBOX, but the server crashed as soon as I enter, for some reason.

P.S Nevermind, I figured it out. Bump.

Last edited by PawnVN; 08-21-2018 at 07:01.