Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] PropHunt 1.93

Post New Thread Reply   

Zero789
Old 08-12-2013 , 21:32   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1111

Hello can anyone help me solve this problem it is because when I tried to install prophunt im using the 1.93 version my issue is it works ok but when you join spectate mode it does a weird thing of me being stuck under the map unable to move as well does I have mean I have to update or there"s something going on?
Blackbat
Old 08-13-2013 , 19:07   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1112

I have been back & forth with this for a week now using different terms in google and not getting anywhere. I really want to play PropHunt 2.07 but I am having issues coping/installing it on my Mac OS.

I look in /Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/<Steam Username>/ no "team fortress 2" folder.

I look in /Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Team Fortress/tf no "gamemodes" folder

So I'm not sure where to put the contents of PropHunt Resources & Data Packs and I'm even unsure how to install SM 1.5 with SDKHooks, or where to put "prophunt.smx", "prophunt.sp" & "prophunt.cfg" on MacOS. I am really confused where installing L4D2 addons before Steam workshop was a lot easier on Mac OS.

I really want to play some PropHunt, any help would be greatly appreciated and a couple of fellow gamers fortunate enough to be on Mac OS as well as me.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-13-2013 , 22:00   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbat View Post
I have been back & forth with this for a week now using different terms in google and not getting anywhere. I really want to play PropHunt 2.07 but I am having issues coping/installing it on my Mac OS.

I look in /Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/<Steam Username>/ no "team fortress 2" folder.

I look in /Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Team Fortress/tf no "gamemodes" folder

So I'm not sure where to put the contents of PropHunt Resources & Data Packs and I'm even unsure how to install SM 1.5 with SDKHooks, or where to put "prophunt.smx", "prophunt.sp" & "prophunt.cfg" on MacOS. I am really confused where installing L4D2 addons before Steam workshop was a lot easier on Mac OS.

I really want to play some PropHunt, any help would be greatly appreciated and a couple of fellow gamers fortunate enough to be on Mac OS as well as me.
Are you trying to set this up on a server or a client?

For a client, as far as I'm aware, fastdownload works on Macs, so files should be grabbed from servers as appropriate. If you want to install the maps in advance, they need to go in the client's download/maps/ directory.

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-13-2013 at 22:02.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 08-13-2013 , 23:21   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1114

To clarify, if you just want to play PropHunt, just join a server running PropHunt. You do not need to download or install anything, other than what TF2 will automatically download when you join the server.
island55
Old 08-18-2013 , 14:20   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1115

ok guys i need some help, i went back a lot of pages and found 2 different versions made by powerlord, even tried the version on the original post however i'm still having issues where the players are "frozen" in place at round start. not only are they frozen but the plugin isn't auto selecting them a prop.

any help is appreciated!
Darkimmortal
Old 08-18-2013 , 14:21   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1116

Quote:
Originally Posted by island55 View Post
ok guys i need some help, i went back a lot of pages and found 2 different versions made by powerlord, even tried the version on the original post however i'm still having issues where the players are "frozen" in place at round start. not only are they frozen but the plugin isn't auto selecting them a prop.

any help is appreciated!
Any errors in the server log/console?
Old 08-18-2013 , 18:15   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkimmortal View Post
Any errors in the server log/console?

none
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-19-2013 , 07:36   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1118

In version 2.09 (and earlier possibly), the IsPropHuntMap() check inside of OnPluginStart creates two problems:
1) If it's not a prophunt map, it will unload the plugin, which fires a translation inside of OnPluginEnd that hasn't been loaded yet.
2) It doesn't unload the plugin before OnMapStart() is called, therefore the check to see if it's a PH map is ran twice, and the plugin is unloaded twice.

[edit]

Just found your Github, I'll see about forking what you have and pushing you some updates.

Last edited by bl4nk; 08-19-2013 at 07:52.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-19-2013 , 10:33   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1119

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4nk View Post
In version 2.09 (and earlier possibly), the IsPropHuntMap() check inside of OnPluginStart creates two problems:
1) If it's not a prophunt map, it will unload the plugin, which fires a translation inside of OnPluginEnd that hasn't been loaded yet.
2) It doesn't unload the plugin before OnMapStart() is called, therefore the check to see if it's a PH map is ran twice, and the plugin is unloaded twice.

[edit]

Just found your Github, I'll see about forking what you have and pushing you some updates.
I've been meaning to redo how it handles non-prop hunt maps for a while now, I just haven't gotten around to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by island55 View Post

any help is appreciated!
Someone else reported that another plugin they were using was blocking the arena_round_start event. It might be useful to find out if you have any plugins that do that.

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-19-2013 at 10:42.
island55
Old 08-19-2013 , 11:06   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Someone else reported that another plugin they were using was blocking the arena_round_start event. It might be useful to find out if you have any plugins that do that.

this is actually very useful to me. i have a few different game modes within this server so it's very possible another plugin is conflicting with PropHunt. i'll do a little testing and report back.

thanks!