Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

TerraStats Plugin

YankeeDeuce
Old 02-12-2005 , 17:48  

I love the stats page you have up, can't wait for that to be released. I like how it shows the +4 for planting/explosion. It would be better if you made it a chat command instead of console, but you are working on that right? So not to big a deal right now. My custom map server is jacked up, so I'm gonna try it on my main one to see if it works. I'm using BeetleFart's mod right now, do you know when it will be compatible? If I have to I'll switch to mani's to have this work.
Gun-Nut
Old 02-12-2005 , 18:22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylratix
Gun-Nut
It's a stats / ranking mod. It records who kills who and how they did it on the server. Each player can review their own kills. Later, websites will be able to read that info and show it on a web page as well.
ok thx but how do i use once install ?
kylratix
Old 02-12-2005 , 21:42  

I've been trying to duplicate the problem locally that I get with BeetleFart's votemap / changemap on timelimit. So far, I haven't been able to get it. It's strange.

I just got it working with Mani and it seems to work fine. I'll be testing it more tonight on the HL2Dev server.

Also (I think I mentioned this somewhere else) I recommend binding .stats to a key, since it's an ingame command.

The say commands will be coming a few versions later, once everything is ironed out.

Gun-Nut:
Grab the version that I just released. It explains everything in the TERRASTATS_README.txt file that comes with the zipfile.
Send a message via AIM to kylratix Send a message via MSN to kylratix
kylratix
Old 02-12-2005 , 21:43  

BTW, thanks to everyone for the support. Kind of makes me want to work on it more than normal.
YankeeDeuce
Old 02-12-2005 , 22:07  

I just switched to Mani Mod so everything works great. Any chance of releasing the web package? I'd love to throw that up on my site. Keep up the great work man, can't wait for the next versions.

EDIT:

Thought I'd just tell you what me and my clan would like to see, we were all just chatting about this in IRC and everyone loves it.
1. Chat commands instead of console
2. Show up in a radio menu type display
3. A .top5 or .top10 to go along with .topdawg
4. The website package Everyone loved the sample site you have and we can't wait for your next version(s).

Again, keep up the great work.
KanDaMan
Old 02-13-2005 , 00:54  

Will there be a linux release of this?
kylratix
Old 02-13-2005 , 10:22  

As soon as I get rid of most of the obvious bugs, yes.
kylratix
Old 02-13-2005 , 14:08  

New version out. A bit faster.

It looks like the plugin is running without fail on Mani's mod. Can anyone verify this?

Also, can anyone verify if the BeetleFart bug (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...48&atid=720215) is still there?
YankeeDeuce
Old 02-13-2005 , 17:57  

Is there any way you can change it so it does not make a new log for every player? I loved the plug-in but had to take it off because it was generating to many logs.
kylratix
Old 02-13-2005 , 18:32  

TerraStats's speed in looking up a player's stats relies on per-player data files.

I don't really see the problem. Currently, each file is only 170 bytes. If you had 10,000 unique players connect to your server, without pruning, your TerraStats directory would contain less than 1.7 megabytes not counting cluster size loss. With 4kb clusters, you're at 40mb for a database size that you will probably never have.

I'm also planning on adding pruning features that will destroy stats files for players who don't play regularly or haven't played in X days.