Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.1.0]

Post New Thread Reply   

GastonSource
Old 05-25-2010 , 22:15   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.3/6.7.0]
Reply With Quote #521

I just wanted to drop a line and say this is an awesome plugin. Thank you so much for it.

I do have a feature request [unless it's been suggested, I also know you probably wouldn't include it in the next update, if at all], but perhaps you could include something like a 'top 10 weapons' or something, based off of collected kill information?
Cheers.
DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 05-25-2010 , 22:36   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.3/6.7.0]
Reply With Quote #522

Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonSource View Post
I just wanted to drop a line and say this is an awesome plugin. Thank you so much for it.

I do have a feature request [unless it's been suggested, I also know you probably wouldn't include it in the next update, if at all], but perhaps you could include something like a 'top 10 weapons' or something, based off of collected kill information?
Cheers.
Thanks for the feedback, always nice to hear it's appreciated!

When I redo the web-gui (ugh, not looking forward to that much) I'm planning to add some kind of module support.
I want to add stats for most used weapons, most found items (weapons, hats) maybe also weapon awards (X kills with Y), weekly stats(+X kills with Y this week). I've also been wanting to add some more direct integration with SteamCommunity (show player's avatar etc).

I'd also really like to do some more geeky things like showing a player's last used spray(optional, since some sprays aren't exactly work-safe) and dynamic image signatures for forums etc.

So yeah, a lot of things planned so far.
Old 05-25-2010 , 22:55   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.3/6.7.0]
Reply With Quote #523

Sounds good DarthNinja, don't forget class specific stats. We often have discussions who is the best scout, soldier, medic, etc. Would be nice to have facts about it. KD ratio is also very important.
Old 05-25-2010 , 22:57   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.3/6.7.0]
Reply With Quote #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserhead View Post
Sounds good DarthNinja, don't forget class specific stats. We often have discussions who is the best scout, soldier, medic, etc. Would be nice to have facts about it. KD ratio is also very important.
That too, although K/D's are global atm.
Maybe I'll edit the plugin to add class K/D's too
Old 05-26-2010 , 16:32   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.3/6.7.0]
Reply With Quote #525

Hey, just a small bug report with some security implications. Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I believe the current version of the plugin is vulnerable to a XSS (Cross site scripting) attack.

As an example, if joining a server with the name: <font size=30><b>Moo</b></font>
will give the following result in this image

To clarify, this exploit could be used to redirect users of the site to a completely different malicious site, or potentially launch DDoS attacks (I'll not detail how this could be done but many web developers will have this knowledge).
To the best of my knowledge this exploit shouldn't effect the integrity of the data which the plugin stores.

I'm afraid I haven't had a look at your code but to fix the exploit in PHP in general, I would suggest you use the htmlspecialchars function on all user-settable data stored in the database when presenting it to the user.
DarthNinja
Old 05-26-2010 , 17:14   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.3/6.7.0]
Reply With Quote #526

There are a lot of possible exploits in the website, the whole thing is going to be redone and hardened.
Old 05-30-2010 , 07:47   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.4/6.7.0]
Reply With Quote #527

:: Update ::

Quote:
  • V6.4
    • Fixed bots getting points for killing buildings and capping points (rank_ignorebots).
    • Added kill tracking for "tribalkukri" (Tribalman's shiv).
    • Added kill tracking for "battleaxe" (Scotsman's skullcutter).
    • Added kill tracking for "ball" (Sandman baseball).
    • Added kill tracking for "paintrain" (Pain Train).
    • Added kill tracking for "sledgehammer" (Homewrecker).
    • Added kill tracking for "unique_pickaxe" (The Equalizer when player has less then 25 health).
    • Added kill tracking for "tf_pumpkin_bomb" (Pumpkin Bombs).
    • Added check to prevent running an old version alongside a new version (file check).
Need feedback from players running bot servers to see if bots still get points from anything.
Added all missing weapons plus ball for when player gets killed by a stunball, and tf_pumpkin_bomb for servers that run maps with Pumpkin Bombs or spawn them using other means.

The plugin will auto-update your databases when loaded.

BAFFLED
Old 05-30-2010 , 12:50   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.4/6.7.0]
Reply With Quote #528

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNinja View Post
:: Update ::

Need feedback from players running bot servers to see if bots still get points from anything.
Added all missing weapons plus ball for when player gets killed by a stunball, and tf_pumpkin_bomb for servers that run maps with Pumpkin Bombs or spawn them using other means.

The plugin will auto-update your databases when loaded.

Pickaxe is always unique_pickaxe now (for weapon_logclassname). They changed it a while ago (on the 2010-1-13 update iirc). It never varied upon attacker health amount.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 05-30-2010 , 13:35   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.4/6.7.0]
Reply With Quote #529

Thanks very much for the Update. Everone has been looking forward to this.

I have installed the latest version 6.4 and we have tested everything.

All new Weapons are scoring fine. New players are added to the database fine too.

If anyone is using an older database such as we are, then you will need to do a quick query on it after you have updated the plugin and the database has been updated etc to add zero's to the new weapon columns. so that the points register in the database for existing players. New players get added fine.

This is the query for anyone who needs it.

Code:
Update Player set KW_tribalkukri = 0, KW_battleaxe = 0,KW_ball = 0, KW_paintrain = 0, KW_sledgehammer = 0, KW_unique_pickaxe = 0, KW_pumpkin = 0
One more thing which i meant to point out a while back but forgot. Valve must have changed something about Sentries and Sappers in one of the recent updates as players always get 1 point for killing sentries no matter what level and 3 points for killing sappers no matter what figure you set in the cvars rank_killsapperpoints and rank_killsentrypoints. Its no big problem and they still get points but it would be good if you could add it your "To Do" list and have a look at it on the next update.

Thanks again.

Great Job and very appreciated.

- Lob (UK)

Last edited by Lob (UK; 05-30-2010 at 13:46.
McDean
Old 05-31-2010 , 06:20   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.4/6.7.0]
Reply With Quote #530

hello, ive got the server plugin all working, but my website stats page doesnt seem to be working, getting line errors when i go to map and player rankings
www.thebohage.com/tf2stats
also getting a DB Query failed, i had to use my domain as my site doesnt have an ip, any ideas where i may of went wrong?