Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)

Post New Thread Reply   

davidov
Old 11-04-2011 , 07:42   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #651

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubadubnub View Post
Okay, after many attempts I have to say No it does not work. here is what I did. I added some sounds to the QUAKE sounds folder in my server, then edited the quakesoundslist.cfg to call for the custom sound per event, IE. I added a cool boomheadshot.mp3, named it headshot1.mp3 and edited the cfg to call the sound for a headshot. I also added a new sound for FIRSTBLOOD, called it victory.mp3 and edited the cfg as well. I restarted server, not just a map change, and joind the server. I could see new sounds being downloaded but when firstblood was triggered i hear nothing as well as when there is a head shot. Any ideas? TY
I suppose you tried many different sounds, but did you try with a.wav file?
Just for testing,upload a wave file and make changes in all config files; if it works with a wav file, maybe you get troubles with mp3 files ; you made it by yourself? what is it frequency? what is it bitrate? Maybe the file got corrupted...
If it also doesn't work with a wave file, there could be an error in settings, if not, the plugin doesn't work correctly perhaps because of another used plugin ; then try to temporaly disable many other plugins and try to see if you get any error in server console...
Rubadubnub
Old 11-05-2011 , 06:54   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #652

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinblaster View Post
post or pm your cfg's
And a list of the sound names you are using.

Going to try one more thing. I heard one sound and decided to try it again from scratch, will post my findings asap Thanks
karil
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-08-2011 , 12:06   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #653

Hey guys,

I finally decided to make our sounds work again after it stopped for unknown reasons a while ago.

I created a new folder, threw all sounds in, changed config to fit new paths, whitelisted that folder, compressed them and uploaded to fastdl (it downloaded them as .mp3.bz2).

It worked like charm for a little over 24 hours. On the next day I played for an hour, then stopped for about 3 hours and went to play again and noticed sounds stopped working for me (I asked a friend and he confirmed they were working for him, but the next day -3rd, they stopped working for him too). After that I restarted css, didn't work, restarted steam, didn't work, then I deleted that folder so sounds redownloaded and it started to work.
Oh and by the way when I went to the folder to delete it I tried to play a sound to test it but windows media player said the files are broken or sth like that.

Has anyone experienced that? I assume that when it stopped working somehow files redownloaded and became bad. I can't confirm that because I wasn't in-game during connection time.

Thanks for your help.

Greets, karil
serpentine
I don't have a problem
Old 11-09-2011 , 11:12   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #654

Does this one support colors.inc? I'd like to be able to set the announce messages colors with the {olive} {green} tags and such. If not, how would I go about editing the plugin to do so?
Da_maniaC
Old 11-12-2011 , 17:37   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #655

I like this mod a lot! Especially because it adds multikills and headshot spree count etc.
But i have a question/problem:
Some of the text messages seem wrong and some of them do not show up at all.
For example; When i hear 'Monster Kill!' it shows "..is on a killing spree!", while when i hear 'Killing spree!' i do not get a text message on screen at all.

The server log also seems to show something is wrong:

Any idea what could be causing this?
davidov
Old 11-17-2011 , 06:02   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_maniaC View Post
I like this mod a lot! Especially because it adds multikills and headshot spree count etc.
But i have a question/problem:
Some of the text messages seem wrong and some of them do not show up at all.
For example; When i hear 'Monster Kill!' it shows "..is on a killing spree!", while when i hear 'Killing spree!' i do not get a text message on screen at all.

The server log also seems to show something is wrong:

Any idea what could be causing this?
because your add a killsound number 5 in quakesoundlist.cfg without adding the associated translation number in plugin.quakesounds.txt...
add this :
Code:
"killsound 5"
    {
        "#format"    "{1:s},{2:s}"
        "en"        "{1} is Dominating"
        "de"        "{1} dominiert"
        "fr"        "{1} maitrise grave !!"
        "pt"      "{1} está Dominando!"
    }
Eko
Old 12-17-2011 , 09:40   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #657

this plugin not works. sourcemod cant´t load this plugin, comes error to load this plugin for css.

Quake Sounds: Error detected in plugin startup (see error logs)

This Pluign is the 2.7 Version, who can i Download the 2.7.5 Version for CSS Sourcemod?

About three days ei can not found the error and dont now who is the problem why cannot load SM the plugin. All another plugins who i have works great, only this who i need
about the kill sounds not work.

Last edited by Eko; 12-18-2011 at 15:07.
neocharles
Old 12-23-2011 , 19:39   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #658

Is there a way to change the announcement text when the level first starts?
AlfredSpain
Old 01-03-2012 , 08:27   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #659

still working?

Last edited by AlfredSpain; 01-04-2012 at 06:28.
AlfredSpain
Old 01-09-2012 , 14:14   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #660

Excusing guys, I have some doubts ...

I installed the plugin, siguiendio all steps ...

Once on the server the sound played harnessed the incidence PLAY when the round, the texts also come in the middle of the screen but nothing ever plays ...

This is because?