8% 

SourceRev Advertisement Provider [Scam]

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

DarkEvil
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-09-2016 , 17:45   SourceRev Advertisement Provider [Scam]

Hello everyone,

Today we're talking about the worst ad-provider you can ever seen,
It's a website with the purpose to scam you.
https://sourcerev.com

First, let's talk about their CPM!
5.00$ as the CPM, great, right?

Wrong!

When you use him, your CPM get's adjusted a few days later!
This what you get to see.
First the CPM is at 5$, a few days later you'll see that your CPM went lower, even lower than $2.

Secondly, and most importantly, is the thing here. (The Scam)

For July, I've got 80$ and I've waited till 15th of August to get paid, and I had to wait till next month. I've been waiting since September, but still no luck, he wouldn't answer my support tickets, nor my Steam messages.

So I understood that he was scamming people, he sent the payment to a few of his clients so it would look 'legit'.

He told me to open a support ticket, and that I would get my money then. As you can see, I did not open 1 ticket, but 5 because he was not answering me for over 10days

None of these tickets have been answered, except for one of them.

I guess that's enough to prove that this is a website with the purpose to scam people.

I almost forgot to show you that his 'testimonials' on his website, are fake.

Website Link:
https://sourcerev.com/
Owner Link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/PlayboyTF2/

Tell me guys, what you think about him?

Last edited by DarkEvil; 09-09-2016 at 17:59. Reason: Fixing grammar
AlexFlipnote
Old 09-09-2016 , 18:12   Re: SourceRev Advertisement Provider [Scam]

I get that you are angry with the low CPM, but you could at least PM him?
Quote:
AlexFlipnote: CPM still bad?
PB: yes
Submitting the support ticket was no problem, I got payed what I was supposed to get, so not a scam at all. The CPM usually is high and good at the 5$, but there has been some down around the summer time due to people being on holidays and advertisers not focusing on game advertisement anymore, at least for the season. Eventually, the CPM will be back, it has been for a time and then down again due to the same reason, ad companies are not advertising.

Your screenshots are fine, but for me it proves only that the CPM has been low for sure, call me a scammer, but I trust SourceRev. That place has helped me holding up my servers at least no matter, sometimes I struggle, but I found a way around it.

If you wonder about the support ticket thing, here:

The only thing I agree with you, is the so called testimonials, who knows, but if the site works and so, I don't bother to be honest..

So in conclusion, SourceRev is legit, CPM is low because advertising companies does not pay around a season due to low revenue or so. Easy as that.

PS: Sorry if this post is seen as harsh or pointy, I just wanted to spread my words at least

Last edited by AlexFlipnote; 09-09-2016 at 19:23.
shavit
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-09-2016 , 18:13   Re: SourceRev Advertisement Provider [Scam]

Quote:
Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random next. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintden-Sydne.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-09-2016 , 18:25   Re: SourceRev Advertisement Provider [Scam]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFlipnote View Post
I get that you are angry with the low CPM, but you could at least PM him?

Submitting the support ticket was no problem, I got payed what I was supposed to get, so not a scam at all. The CPM usually is high and good at the 5$, but there has been some down around the summer time due to people being on holidays and advertisers not focusing on game advertisement anymore, at least for the season. Eventually, the CPM will be back, it has been for a time and then down again due to the same reason, ad companies are not advertising.

Your screenshots are fine, but for me it proves only that the CPM has been low for sure, call me a scammer, but I trust SourceRev. That place has helped me holding up my servers at least no matter, sometimes I struggle, but I found a way around it.

If you wonder about the support ticket thing, here:

The only thing I agree with you, is the so called testimonials, who knows, but if the site works and so, I don't bother to be honest..

So in conclusion, SourceRev is legit, CPM is low because advertising companies does not pay around a season due to low revenue or so. Easy as that.

PS: Sorry if this post is seen as harsh or pointy, I just wanted to spread my words at least
The problem is that he is keeping a few clients happy, so that they can & will back him up against people calling him a scammer. This is also how manipulation works.

He is claiming that he is providing $5 CPM, which eventually gets adjusted to lower than $3.

Motdgd & VPPGamingNetwork trusted & honest companies.
I have been with sourcerev for over 1 year, and I can't understand why he would do such a thing.
LambdaLambda
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-09-2016 , 19:12   Re: SourceRev Advertisement Provider [Scam]

So seems like there're only two companies worth trying right now... Shame, I'd love to have more alternatives.

@DarkEvil
But calm down, dude. You sent 5 tickets within 10 days. Imagine you'd have thousend of users sending tickets like you do. Ain't easy to answer them all, huh? Simply bumb the previous one, from what you're saying it seems, like you sent new one after 2 days. Honestly, MOTDgd replied to mine after 5 days.

Last edited by LambdaLambda; 09-09-2016 at 19:14.
AlexFlipnote
Old 09-09-2016 , 19:13   Re: SourceRev Advertisement Provider [Scam]

Well as long as I get my money, I'm happy. The CPM has been low for me as well, I won't disagree on that statement, but honestly, I don't really care too much about it. If I get pay'd by the job I do for my servers, i'm happy. It's not like I need 70$/month, I pay 28€/month for my servers, quite enough already. But hey, you're a bigger community than me, so I can see why you complain about this and all.

Last edited by AlexFlipnote; 09-09-2016 at 19:22.
Dr_Knuckles
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-09-2016 , 20:45   Re: SourceRev Advertisement Provider [Scam]

I have been using Sourcerev probably as long as it's been around. I have always received my payments promptly. As far as their cpm goes, just like motd_gd it goes up and down. Some months they pay over $5. I think the OP is either A full of shit or B one of those douchebags trying to scam these ad places, which is why the rest of us get those low cpms on occasion. Probably B to which I say, thanks for nothing pal.
Old 09-10-2016 , 09:55   Re: SourceRev Advertisement Provider [Scam]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Knuckles View Post
I have been using Sourcerev probably as long as it's been around. I have always received my payments promptly. As far as their cpm goes, just like motd_gd it goes up and down. Some months they pay over $5. I think the OP is either A full of shit or B one of those douchebags trying to scam these ad places, which is why the rest of us get those low cpms on occasion. Probably B to which I say, thanks for nothing pal.
Old 09-10-2016 , 12:44   Re: SourceRev Advertisement Provider [Scam]

I've heard nothing but bad things about SourceRev :/ Been hearing that they ddos their clients.

"Not to mention they have something like 150 servers all with these plugins. The owner also owns a company called SourceRev which serves MOTD advertisements. They are well known for shorting & stealing impressions, lying to their customers, not making payments, and threatening their clients' communities with withholding their money and DDoS attacking their servers after being called out on their shady practices. I used to have a bunch of retakes servers and one day the owner of PB Fortress added me out of the blue. I was a client of his at the time. He told me that he would no longer serve me advertisements because I ran the same server types as him and he suggested that I get rid of all servers in competition with his if I wanted to continue using their service. I did not remove my servers and 2 days later I started getting daily DDoS attacks. These continued on a daily basis every time my servers had any population for about 3 weeks."
This was awhile ago but this was posted on

http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabbl...g-td10806.html
DarkEvil
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-10-2016 , 15:20   Re: SourceRev Advertisement Provider [Scam]

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperbox View Post
I've heard nothing but bad things about SourceRev :/ Been hearing that they ddos their clients.

"Not to mention they have something like 150 servers all with these plugins. The owner also owns a company called SourceRev which serves MOTD advertisements. They are well known for shorting & stealing impressions, lying to their customers, not making payments, and threatening their clients' communities with withholding their money and DDoS attacking their servers after being called out on their shady practices. I used to have a bunch of retakes servers and one day the owner of PB Fortress added me out of the blue. I was a client of his at the time. He told me that he would no longer serve me advertisements because I ran the same server types as him and he suggested that I get rid of all servers in competition with his if I wanted to continue using their service. I did not remove my servers and 2 days later I started getting daily DDoS attacks. These continued on a daily basis every time my servers had any population for about 3 weeks."
This was awhile ago but this was posted on

http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabbl...g-td10806.html
PBFortress with over than 150 servers.
Closed Thread