Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

amxmodx crashing my offline cs 1.6 server

Post New Thread Reply   

soms
Old 04-03-2024 , 13:42   amxmodx crashing my offline cs 1.6 server
Reply With Quote #1

Hello!
I'm in need of your help. Recently I started playing 1.6 again and decided to try and make my own offline kz/hns training server and i've been having some trouble.
So I've installed both Amxmodx and Metamod, followed all instructions and when I start a "New Game" (with enabled steam networking, meaning others can join me through Steam, so it's not actually offline) my game crashes, with no explanation why.
I've managed to figure out how to avoid the crash by changing to binary logging (plugins.ini -> win32 addons\amxmodx\dlls\amxmodx_bl_mm.dll), but after that change, the amxmodx doesn't work in-game (amxmodmenu doesn't work).
I need to get amxmodmenu to work first so later I can add other plugins to the server.
Also, does it matter if I'm online (through enabled steam networking) or offline?
I am new to all of this, so please have that in mind if you're explaining to me how I could try and fix the problem.
soms
Old 04-03-2024 , 15:05   Re: amxmodx crashing my offline cs 1.6 server
Reply With Quote #2

Update: I've managed to fix the issue myself. It was that I had "Steam Networking" enabled, which meant it was not offline. Now the Amxmodx works, but I keep getting the same crash when i try adding one of the plugins and my guess is because of the plugin requirements:
- AMX Mod X version 1.8.1 or higher
- Fakemeta Module
- HamSandwich Module
- CStrike Module
- Engine Module
- Fun Module
- Mysql Module
I've got no Idea yet what any of those modules are or if I have them, but I will find out!
If anyone is experienced in this field and could help me please pm me for any of my future noob questions
For now, can someone explain to me why it used to crash on me when Steam networking was enabled? And in the future, I would like to be able to host the server to my friends through the Steam networking, is that possible or do I need to pay for the server to one of the Hosting services?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-03-2024 , 21:27   Re: amxmodx crashing my offline cs 1.6 server
Reply With Quote #3

All of those modules are part of AMX Mod X. You can see that they are loaded and running with the "meta list" command.

I've never heard of "Steam Networking" before and suspect that most people here don't use it. Most people around here are hosting their server with the Standalone HLDS which requires a more complicated setup to get players to join your server through your router (I'm not sure if they've added Steam Networking support or not). Because of this (and the fact that it's an ancient game) there might not be all that much experience with this using a Listen Server like you're using. I guess you'll have to wait and see if someone comes along.
Old 04-04-2024 , 19:52   Re: amxmodx crashing my offline cs 1.6 server
Reply With Quote #4

Steam networking was added in half life 25y update.
Crashes might be due to non-updated offsets.

Last edited by Rosenstein; 04-04-2024 at 19:54.
mlibre
Veteran Member
Old 04-05-2024 , 15:10   Re: amxmodx crashing my offline cs 1.6 server
Reply With Quote #5

fixed "tmp" apply update beta steam_legacy by cmd