Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] PayPal Donations (Advanced)

Post New Thread Reply   

Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 11-06-2017 , 08:58   Re: [ANY] PayPal Donations (Advanced)
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLike View Post
Btw guys, the PHP Script has been made with the intention to use it through the ingame MOTD Panel. And there's not really a way to edit there.
So what ? Anybody can get the URL of your page and do that in a browser. You should really apply those quick security changes.
SourceMod Moderator
Old 11-06-2017 , 10:07   Re: [ANY] PayPal Donations (Advanced)
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLike View Post
Btw guys, the PHP Script has been made with the intention to use it through the ingame MOTD Panel. And there's not really a way to edit there.
It's still not a good reason not to "care" about security.

With most games you can right click and copy URL from MOTD panel.

With other games, it's still very easy to sniff networking calls and get the URL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkarr View Post
So what ? Anybody can get the URL of your page and do that in a browser. You should really apply those quick security changes.
+1.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
michaelrw
Old 11-12-2017 , 03:42   Re: [ANY] PayPal Donations (Advanced)
Reply With Quote #53

i tried to message you on steam like you said but i cant ever get in touch with you, sorry. Im just trying to add multiple flags to a user who donates, and also have 2 separate tiers (who each receive their own set of flags).

I see in your edited code to add SB support, you want to insert into sb_admins table. however, i dont ever see where you are calling on the SB database.. my SB has its own unique database so I should have to specify what the name of that database is before you can call one of its tables, am i right?

this is the code
PHP Code:
      $db->query('INSERT INTO sb_admins (user, authid, email, srv_flags) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)', [

$steamid,

$steamid,

$payer_email,

$sourcebans_flag

]) 

Last edited by michaelrw; 11-12-2017 at 03:43.
michaelrw
Old 11-12-2017 , 18:18   Re: [ANY] PayPal Donations (Advanced)
Reply With Quote #54

ok ive added support for having 2 databases. Im also adding support for assigning players to a group instead of just a flag. im also adding support for assigning different flag/group for different tiers.

however, what i cant do is figure out how we can do this so paypal runs it as a proper donation .. a test run i did, they took 33 cents on the dollar, or 33%. I only did a $1 test, but i imagine it would stay at 33% even if it was a $5 donation. How can we get the paypal api to process as friends/family or some way it doesnt tak 1/3 of whatever is donated

DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 11-12-2017 , 21:30   Re: [ANY] PayPal Donations (Advanced)
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
however, what i cant do is figure out how we can do this so paypal runs it as a proper donation .. a test run i did, they took 33 cents on the dollar, or 33%. I only did a $1 test, but i imagine it would stay at 33% even if it was a $5 donation. How can we get the paypal api to process as friends/family or some way it doesnt tak 1/3 of whatever is donated
It is a proper donation, the "seller" ("receiver") pays fees with PayPal.

It is not a 33%, if you Google a little bit you will see the fees consist of anything between 1.7% - 3.6% (depending on your sales volume and location), as well as a flat rate fee (around $0.30, 0.35€, .. and obviously something else for other currencies).

When you're sending personal payments, between friends and family, it is correct that you can choose that sender pays the fee, but you can't force that, except from raising your prices to cover the fees.

The difference is, when you're going to a gaming community like this, or to a shopping site, it is no more just a "personal transaction".

When you go to your local super market and pay using your VISA/MasterCard card, there are also fees involved with the transaction, but most of them obviously do not yield "transaction fee 4% + 0.35€", they have accounted for this by raising their price for your milk accordingly.

Also, the fees with PayPal are depending on the funding source, e.g. if the sender has all the money on his/her PayPal account, there is no fees. Fees only apply when the money were taken from a credit card.

-> What are the fees for PayPal accounts?

michaelrw
Old 11-14-2017 , 01:23   Re: [ANY] PayPal Donations (Advanced)
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
It is a proper donation, the "seller" ("receiver") pays fees with PayPal.

It is not a 33%, if you Google a little bit you will see the fees consist of anything between 1.7% - 3.6% (depending on your sales volume and location), as well as a flat rate fee (around $0.30, 0.35€, .. and obviously something else for other currencies).

When you're sending personal payments, between friends and family, it is correct that you can choose that sender pays the fee, but you can't force that, except from raising your prices to cover the fees.

The difference is, when you're going to a gaming community like this, or to a shopping site, it is no more just a "personal transaction".

When you go to your local super market and pay using your VISA/MasterCard card, there are also fees involved with the transaction, but most of them obviously do not yield "transaction fee 4% + 0.35€", they have accounted for this by raising their price for your milk accordingly.

Also, the fees with PayPal are depending on the funding source, e.g. if the sender has all the money on his/her PayPal account, there is no fees. Fees only apply when the money were taken from a credit card.

-> What are the fees for PayPal accounts?
i understand the dynamics of fees and on transactions. but, I send money to people all the time and its a very small fee when done as F&F. My point is, a member of our community could just as well say "hey whats the paypal addy, im gonna go send you $10" and they could then go do that and send as F&F if they went through the process manually, not using the web interface on my site. So, how can we get that type of processing? Not possible?

also, the only transaction i did was for $1. I sent $1 to a friend, which cost me $1 and no fees at all. Then he sent the dollar back to me, using the website UI from this plugin. I received $0.67.
Perhaps this is a flat fee instead of a percentage. I was just surprised, thats all

DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 11-14-2017 , 17:29   Re: [ANY] PayPal Donations (Advanced)
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
i understand the dynamics of fees and on transactions. but, I send money to people all the time and its a very small fee when done as F&F. My point is, a member of our community could just as well say "hey whats the paypal addy, im gonna go send you $10" and they could then go do that and send as F&F if they went through the process manually, not using the web interface on my site. So, how can we get that type of processing? Not possible?

also, the only transaction i did was for $1. I sent $1 to a friend, which cost me $1 and no fees at all. Then he sent the dollar back to me, using the website UI from this plugin. I received $0.67.
Perhaps this is a flat fee instead of a percentage. I was just surprised, thats all
If you send me $1, that is a "personal payment", here sender has the option to chose who pays the fees.

If you use my website to make a payment, that is a "purchase payment", here is the only option is that the receiver pays the fees.

There is a huge difference between the two ways you have done it with.. That's why.

Rest of the explanation (funding source, etc.) is covered in the post above.

If you are not satisfied with these fees, I suggest you to contact PayPal asking them to add a feature that allows you to select that the buyer pays the fee for BOTH "buy now" and "donate" buttons.

I doubt they will, but that's another story. The issue with the fee is completely beyond the control of this thread (and plugin), and you should therefore continue your journey directly with PayPal.

michaelrw
Old 11-15-2017 , 02:59   Re: [ANY] PayPal Donations (Advanced)
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
If you send me $1, that is a "personal payment", here sender has the option to chose who pays the fees.

If you use my website to make a payment, that is a "purchase payment", here is the only option is that the receiver pays the fees.

There is a huge difference between the two ways you have done it with.. That's why.

Rest of the explanation (funding source, etc.) is covered in the post above.

If you are not satisfied with these fees, I suggest you to contact PayPal asking them to add a feature that allows you to select that the buyer pays the fee for BOTH "buy now" and "donate" buttons.

I doubt they will, but that's another story. The issue with the fee is completely beyond the control of this thread (and plugin), and you should therefore continue your journey directly with PayPal.
that was a very long-winded answer to my original question. i simply wanted to know IF there was a way.. i was not complaining that there wasnt. thx for letting me know.

I thought there would be a way to process as F/F for communities that arent a business.. or at least I dont see it as a business (but that is a whole other debate that goes beyond the purpose of the thread). If youre saying there is no other API or no other method of sending this info to paypal and have it processed in a different manner, then i will have to make do.

thx

Last edited by michaelrw; 11-15-2017 at 02:59.
Kammi_
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-26-2017 , 08:03   Re: [ANY] PayPal Donations (Advanced)
Reply With Quote #59

its funny the mysql is writing alone in the db my partner and i have donate 1 time and i have 24 entrys in the db

Code:
PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method mysqli_stmt::get_result() in classes/Database.php on line 53
mysqlnd is installed
Code:
/etc/php5/cli/conf.d/10-mysqlnd.ini,
mysqlnd
mysqlnd => enabled
Version => mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 76b08b24596e12d4553bd41fc93cccd5bac2fe7a $
Loaded plugins => mysqlnd,debug_trace,auth_plugin_mysql_native_password,auth_plugin_mysql_clear_password,auth_plugin_sha256_password
mysqlnd statistics =>

Last edited by Kammi_; 11-26-2017 at 11:25.
Send a message via ICQ to Kammi_
geoxd1
Old 12-17-2017 , 05:50   Re: [ANY] PayPal Donations (Advanced)
Reply With Quote #60

Payment page doesnt work writing here because u dont accept me in steam mine looks same like your demo page empty after steam login http://prntscr.com/holo20