Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats] v0.9.6

Post New Thread Reply   

extrospect
Old 12-17-2009 , 15:37   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification
Reply With Quote #11

Its probably a little more basic than the one you linked to, it uses keyvalues to store the kind of data that the plugin was using anyway - # of pounces, # of dmg pounces, total pounce dmg done, # incap pounces, incap pounce dmg done & highest ever damage pounce (which, at the moment, can be listed in a top <n> style as a list of the top <n> personal bests on the server, not necessarily the top <n> dmg pounces as the list only gives each user's personal best [i.e. 1 entry per player] - I figured it'd be the most fair so the very regular players on a server don't just completely fill up the top scores with their pounces).

It's fairly basic atm but overtime I hope to make it a bit more advanced as I add more data collection (e.g. I've been trying to figure out a way to separate attempted pounces vs just pouncing to get around the map to give a pounce success rate) and processing to it

Last edited by extrospect; 12-19-2009 at 12:46.
extrospect
Old 12-19-2009 , 18:34   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #12

*Massive update released*

Finally ironed out all the issues and the new version complete with stats & ranking is out . There are also some minor bug fixes, improvements to the notification system and a few new modifications to the plugin's behaviour - see the first post for details of all the new cvars .
mustafata
Old 12-24-2009 , 03:54   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #13

I have a question , does anyone else have a problem with the pounce database system ?
Everything else in the plugin works fine , btw tnx for the good work , but when it comes to getting results from the pounce database it shows something it shouldn't .
For example when i type !pdptop 10 (or any other number) it shows only the best pounce dmg (the first place) and even that isnt as it should be , it shows the max done dmg, but does not show who did it (the name of the maker of the pounce changes every time someone joins. For example a player with the nick "Gaul" has done the biggest pounce (lets say 30), then after someone else joins the server lets say "deni" joins the server then if you type !pdptop (any number) it will say "1.deni - 30" ...)As much as i get the plugin that should not happen. The other command !pdpstats seems to work fine by me .

I hope my explanation helps and you fix it cause i really would like a pounce ranking system. Tnx for the time !
Blakeocity
Old 12-24-2009 , 07:36   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #14

I was having similiar issues with that actually. Everything else is great.

Would it be possible to make it follow player names instead of Steam IDs?

I don't know if that would help though./
extrospect
Old 12-24-2009 , 09:24   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #15

Thanks for the feedback guys, I was having some issues with the top <n> system that sounded similar but I thought I had gotten rid of them before I put up the last update >,<, looks like they're still there tho xD. I'll look into it, but I'm currently doing a small re-write of that entire section so the top <n> is sent 5-at-a-time on a delay set by the user - should make it easier to view all the results compared to the way it was (meant to be xD), where it sent them all in one go. Once I actually get the new system working, which isn't going too well atm xD, I'll try replicating your results on it.

It might be helpful if either of you could post up your stats file - it's called pdpstats.txt and it's in the root folder (the one with the addons, cfg etc. folders in). Would just give me another file to look at and work with [as well as the one from my server] which might help me pin down the problem. Hopefully the stats are still being recorded fine and it's just the top display that's having issues, that way all of your pounces will still be there ready to be ranked as soon as I can fix the display function .

As far as the section names using SteamIDs, it's pretty much the only unique identifier for players, if I used names then if someone joined using the same name as another player they would be modifying each other's stats. I'm hoping it's just some small error in the coding, as I found the whole process of loading and sorting the stats a little confusing so I probably just need to take a closer look at it and see where exactly I went wrong xD.

Cheers for the feedback, I'll try to fix this and get an update up asap =].

*Edit*: Having done some brief testing with 0.8.9 and the stats file from my server [33 users, 7 with dmg pounces] the top system is working perfectly on here, I tested top 1, top 2, top 3, top 5, top 8, top [defaults to 10], top 25 and top 55 and got the expected result each time; so hopefully trying someone else's stats file might let me reproduce it. If you could list any other plugins you're using, it might help me to check that there's no obvious conflicts between them and this plugin , thanks.

Also, I know it's kind of an obvious thing, but have you scrolled up in the chatbox after entering !pdptop <n>? Cuz it prints all the results in one go, the only ones you will see without pressing y and scrolling up are the lowest ones - i.e. players who just joined the server and have blank stats; thought I'd throw it out there just incase ;D. Sounds like the problem mustafata has is definitely nothing to do with this though, and I'd like to get a copy of your statsfile if I can, as it sounds like it might be building it incorrectly and, if so, taking a look at the file will make it a lot easier for me to figure out where the plugin is goin wrong . Does it only list position 1, or does it list all the other positions (as many as there are stats entries) and they're blank [no name and 0 dmg]?

Last edited by extrospect; 12-24-2009 at 11:19.
mustafata
Old 12-25-2009 , 03:23   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #16

Glad i could help.
And now that you mention it i may have thought of the problem ... when i opened the pdpstats.txt i noticed that there is a position for the Steam ID of a player. I wonder if that is the way the plugin distinguishes people (by the different Steam ID-s) , and not by their nickname. And if that is the case ... well its understandable why it does not work on my server , and its because on my server no one has Steam ID ... (everyone has Steam ID 1:0:0) ... So the plugin thinks everyone that joins is the same person. If that is the case i wonder if a version that distinguishes players by their nickname could be made . Or simply i have to find a way to fix the "1:0:0 steam ID-s" problem.
I hope that helps

P.S.
I just realized that in the file where in says "name" and after that "o,O" , that is actually a player's name (the last joined player).
Oh and one more thing if the case is the plugin looks at a person's Steam ID , i will never be able to use it , because where i play , people's Steam ID's change every time they start the game (or restart pc not shure). So it will not be any difference if everyone is with steam ID 1:0:0 or every time someone joins will have a different ID ...
Plllleeezzzzzze make a version with nickname authentication for a X-mas present
Attached Files
File Type: txt pdpstats.txt (346 Bytes, 194 views)

Last edited by mustafata; 12-25-2009 at 03:32.
Blakeocity
Old 12-25-2009 , 03:38   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #17

I removed the plugin and just extracted the code to add the notify pounce limit to your older version so I can't give you a .txt file right now.

Once I reload my server I'll put the new version on, get some people pouncing and try to give you a file asap.

And in response to mustafata, I too would like a version that follows names instead of SteamID. It doesn't have to be an offical release but if it isn't to much to ask for a version of your plugin that does this would be great. ,

I'll get the file up for you as soon as I can, and I hope it helps.
And thanks for the work your doing on this plugin, it's mighty ambitious for something I thought was just going to announce my pounces initially.

-Cheers.

Last edited by Blakeocity; 12-25-2009 at 10:33.
extrospect
Old 12-25-2009 , 15:17   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #18

Thanks for the replies guys, and I'd say that it is definitely the lack of SteamIDs on the servers that is causing the problem. From looking around into what causes no steam IDs it would appear you're purposefully using a non-steam/cracked server or something?

I *can* recode it so it uses player names, but as I said, if ppl use identical nick's it won't be able to tell them apart [but that's a lot better than piling everyone's stats into one key xD]. It will take a little while for me to go thru and make everything so it's nick-based (I'll try and do it in a way where I can maintain the nick-based version alongside the steamid version rather than split it into 2 plugins - probably by adding a cvar to turn on nick-based authetication). I'll try and get something up in the next couple of days tho .

Cheers for the file and feedback & merry xmas .

Last edited by extrospect; 12-25-2009 at 15:25.
mustafata
Old 12-25-2009 , 16:19   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #19

Oh tnx man !!! I'm very happy you would do such a thing for us . I wish you happy holidays and everything best !!!
Blakeocity
Old 12-25-2009 , 22:48   Re: [L4D2 + L4D] pouncedamage+ - Hunter Uncapping & Modification [+ Stats]
Reply With Quote #20

Gonna test it out right now for you, mate.