Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Sentry guns

Post New Thread Reply   

sk8er
Old 10-19-2004 , 13:58  
Reply With Quote #21

can some one tell me what this error is??

L 10/19/2004 - 11:44:09: FATAL ERROR (shutting down): WRITE_BYTE called with no active message

and how to fix it?

i got the error when i made a gn and killed it (by myself no one in server)
DerBasti
Old 10-19-2004 , 17:37  
Reply With Quote #22

Sounds like a great plugin, altough i cant compile it. Neither the webcompiler nor the normal compiler works for me, both give me the same error:

Quote:
/home/users/amxmodx/tmp/phpeYZyA1.sma(7 : fatal error 100: cannot read from file: "fakemeta"

Compilation aborted.
1 Error.
I tried to compile it on Redhat 9, AMXX .16 and on the webcompiler

Any suggestions?
fitzy6868
Old 10-19-2004 , 17:43   U need to compile it
Reply With Quote #23

He needs to compile it for .16 amxx or no1 with that version of amxx can get the plugin

Itd be great if sum1 could do that

Tactical Warfare [.tw]
64.185.230.136:27015
Send a message via AIM to fitzy6868
eyekanspele
Old 10-19-2004 , 20:57  
Reply With Quote #24

Is there a way to turn on and off this feature via console? like
amx_sgplugin 0|1
?

I can see this being a great plugin for smaller games, or when people wanna have fun, but when you give somethign to the wrong hands, theres always a chance for problems...

Also is there a way to set the costs for building and upgrading via console?

thxs

-Eye Kan Spele.Com
-Kan Yew?
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2004 , 21:02   Re: U need to compile it
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy6868
He needs to compile it for .16 amxx or no1 with that version of amxx can get the plugin

Itd be great if sum1 could do that
he doesnt need to do anything. It would be nice if he made a .16 version however I dont see that happening because AMX MOD X .20 is very close to release.

+ARUKARI-
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-20-2004 , 00:52  
Reply With Quote #26

An error occurs. The moment a sentry gun attacks an enemy.

win32 dedicated & amxx020-RC6

Fatal Error - Dedicated Server
WRITE_BYTE called with no active message

(ErrorMessageBox)

六四天安門事件
BlueThunder2k
Old 10-20-2004 , 02:06  
Reply With Quote #27

ok poeple it works i can build them but they dont fire and i get this error message

L 10/20/2004 - 16:05:42: [Engine] Invalid Entity 61 ("czero\addons\amxmodx\plugins\sentryguns.amx x", line 1279)

edit: and also no crash has happened 2 me yet
Send a message via AIM to BlueThunder2k Send a message via MSN to BlueThunder2k Send a message via Yahoo to BlueThunder2k
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 10-20-2004 , 02:36  
Reply With Quote #28

Dr.Jones: Are you already running a lot of other plugins and/or really huge maps with a lot of stuff in them? (maybe let's see what's in your plugins.ini)

Kamikaze: Thx for your suggestions. About that error, it's a small problem in ENGINE module. I have fixed this myself but forgot that there hasn't yet been any nightly releases since I fixed this problem. You will need to get an updated ENGINE from next nightly build. Until then I have made a quick fix that will go around this for next version of this plugin so it will work even if you run a not updated ENGINE module.

For next version I have implemented a define to allow sentries to not be deleted when a new round comes. However I'm not sure this is a good idea in most cases because you could build a sentry in the other team's spawning area (it would be fun only the first time).

SirTiger: this is a line from the TO-DO list: - lots of different weapons/powerups for sentries (normal bullets, rockets, tesla coils, firethrowers, grenade lobbers, webs (gets stuck) etc)

sk8er and +ARUKARI-: OK thx for the input, are you running plain CS 1.6 or Condition Zero? (I haven't tested this on CZ)

DerBasti, fitzy6868: This plugin is only for AMX Mod X 0.20.

eyekanspele: You can pause from server console, I haven't tested it but I guess it should work as normal: "amxx pause pluginname". And no, you can't set anything like cost from console, not yet at least. You will have to edit the #define:s in the plugin and recompile. Guess I will add some CVARs to allow control for stuff like this later.
BlueThunder2k
Old 10-20-2004 , 02:39  
Reply With Quote #29

L 10/20/2004 - 16:05:42: [Engine] Invalid Entity 61 ("czero\addons\amxmodx\plugins\sentryguns.amx x", line 1279) when i use bots

WRITE_BYTE when +crash when people r in the game and also
L 10/20/2004 - 16:05:42: [Engine] Invalid Entity 61 ("czero\addons\amxmodx\plugins\sentryguns.amx x", line 1279) when i use bots
Send a message via AIM to BlueThunder2k Send a message via MSN to BlueThunder2k Send a message via Yahoo to BlueThunder2k
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 10-20-2004 , 02:46  
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder2k
ok poeple it works i can build them but they dont fire and i get this error message

L 10/20/2004 - 16:05:42: [Engine] Invalid Entity 61 ("czero\addons\amxmodx\plugins\sentryguns.amx x", line 1279)

edit: and also no crash has happened 2 me yet
Haven't tested on CZERO, sorry. But, it should work, but you can never be sure. :-( However that error line is not correct because you have to run plugin (or whole server) in debug mode. Set "amx_debug 2" in amxx.cfg, and restart a new map. You must always change to a new map (restart works fine too) for the debug system to work and give correct line numbers when errors occur.