Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Players Votes (v1.5.0) Updated Aug 09 2009

Post New Thread Reply   

The Resident
Old 04-12-2009 , 19:30   Re: Players Votes (v1.3.2) Updated Feb 23 2009
Reply With Quote #101

BrutalGeorge, see the "sm_playersvotes_immunity" cvar. It will immunize all admins if set to 0. To disable immunity, set to -1. Otherwise, admins with an equal or greater immunity value are immune.

For a while now, I've been considering adding group-based immunities, where there'd be a cvar that lists admin groups, and anyone that's a member of any of those groups is automatically immune. Would that help?
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 04-12-2009 , 22:48   Re: Players Votes (v1.3.2) Updated Feb 23 2009
Reply With Quote #102

Ya, I would want my admins immune and my donators not immune.

The Resident
Old 04-20-2009 , 20:39   Re: Players Votes (v1.4.0) Updated Apr 20 2009
Reply With Quote #103

1.4.0 is out.

Added Group-based immunity. Now Donors or other non-admin "admin" groups can be easily excluded.

New German translation phrases, thanks Guggie!
PlasmaWaffle
Old 04-23-2009 , 17:09   Re: Players Votes (v1.3.2) Updated Feb 23 2009
Reply With Quote #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Resident View Post
Sorry, all. - Been offline until recently...

Cyberthug, some other plug-in must be giving your users those messages. Players Votes doesn't keep track of voters' permissions.

PlasmaWaffle, the admin menu name for Players Votes is "pv_menu". The only thing the admins can do from that menu is disable/enable voting and cancel votes. The normal admin menu can be used for un-muting players that were votemute'd. What are you looking to do with votemute in the admin menu?
Hey, I was looking to have the option to initiate a vote without the need of having everyone typing votemute to start it. If you could do that it would be veeeeery appreciated Thanks dude!

Also for the map votes, is there a way to change it so that the map changes at the end of the round instead of instantly?
The Resident
Old 05-03-2009 , 15:51   Re: Players Votes
Reply With Quote #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaWaffle View Post
Hey, I was looking to have the option to initiate a vote without the need of having everyone typing votemute to start it. If you could do that it would be veeeeery appreciated Thanks dude!

Also for the map votes, is there a way to change it so that the map changes at the end of the round instead of instantly?
Having votemap set the nextmap should be pretty straightforward. I'll look into that.

Unfortunately, because Players Votes is fundamentally sessionless, there is no concept of the vote "starting." Players can register their votes at any time and whenever the vote-passing criteria is met, the action takes effect. So that makes it hard to decide when to forcibly send a menu to the players... Can't send a menu to all players when a vote "starts" if the vote is effectively always running. Is it reasonable to pop-up the vote menu to all players when anyone types "votemute" or casts a vote? I honestly don't know. Thoughts, ideas?
-Sky
Old 05-06-2009 , 22:55   Re: Players Votes (v1.4.0) Updated Apr 20 2009
Reply With Quote #106

erm, mind if i would ask - does this works with vote manager and vote guard? cos players complained that votemap doesnt bring up all of the maps.
thanks

Last edited by -Sky; 05-07-2009 at 08:36.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2009 , 00:48   Re: Players Votes (v1.4.0) Updated Apr 20 2009
Reply With Quote #107

I would be interested in having a reason popup after the player is banned and people can vote on a reason for baning them so SB can know how he was banned?

PlasmaWaffle
Old 05-07-2009 , 03:05   Re: Players Votes
Reply With Quote #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Resident View Post
Having votemap set the nextmap should be pretty straightforward. I'll look into that.

Unfortunately, because Players Votes is fundamentally sessionless, there is no concept of the vote "starting." Players can register their votes at any time and whenever the vote-passing criteria is met, the action takes effect. So that makes it hard to decide when to forcibly send a menu to the players... Can't send a menu to all players when a vote "starts" if the vote is effectively always running. Is it reasonable to pop-up the vote menu to all players when anyone types "votemute" or casts a vote? I honestly don't know. Thoughts, ideas?
Lol I don't think you really understood me

I'm looking for the same kind of integration in the admin menu for votemute that you have for votekick, voteban, and votemap.

And, the map change issue?

igotfits
Old 05-08-2009 , 15:30   Re: Players Votes (v1.4.0) Updated Apr 20 2009
Reply With Quote #109

Hey fellas!!! i need help with one thing, i installed but im only able to do one RTV a map is there a way to change that? i want to be able to do 3-5 RTVS a map, please help
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-08-2009 , 17:51   Re: Players Votes (v1.4.0) Updated Apr 20 2009
Reply With Quote #110

RTV is done through SM not player votes.