Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

where to find the description of the constants that are used with engfunc?

Post New Thread Reply   

Robert_334
Old 03-02-2019 , 14:47   where to find the description of the constants that are used with engfunc?
Reply With Quote #1

I found a list of these constants in fakemeta.inc, but I need a description of them.
I searched for a long time, but found nothing.

Sorry if I did not write correctly, I used google translate

Thanks!
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2019 , 15:29   Re: where to find the description of the constants that are used with engfunc?
Reply With Quote #2

Here is the descriptions for all the pev_ constants. I don't recall seeing an equivalent for EngFunc_ constants but I've seen them used quite a bit so you can search for them on the forums and in existing plugins (look at plugins that might do things similar to what you are trying to do). Another place to look is in fakemet_util.inc which is a bunch of examples of using some of these.

However, if you can do something without fakemeta, you should generally use that method. E.g. if you can do it with fun.inc or cstrike.inc or dod.inc, you should prefer that method first unless it isn't actually doing what you want.

Last edited by fysiks; 03-02-2019 at 15:34.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 03-02-2019 , 15:46   Re: where to find the description of the constants that are used with engfunc?
Reply With Quote #3

For pev_ you can also check that: https://github.com/SamVanheer/HLEnha...progdefs.h#L58
Old 03-02-2019 , 17:25   Re: where to find the description of the constants that are used with engfunc?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Here is the descriptions for all the pev_ constants. I don't recall seeing an equivalent for EngFunc_ constants but I've seen them used quite a bit so you can search for them on the forums and in existing plugins (look at plugins that might do things similar to what you are trying to do). Another place to look is in fakemet_util.inc which is a bunch of examples of using some of these.

However, if you can do something without fakemeta, you should generally use that method. E.g. if you can do it with fun.inc or cstrike.inc or dod.inc, you should prefer that method first unless it isn't actually doing what you want.
Ok. Got it. Thanks!