Raised This Month: $252 Target: $400
 63% 

changes to cs:go steamID-universe - v1.4.10


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author Message
Karower
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Old 10-02-2012 , 08:23   changes to cs:go steamID-universe - v1.4.10
Reply With Quote #1

Has something changed with the way steam-ids are handled now?

Currently I'm converting steam_ids (for community wide bans) from css servers to cs_go servers by changing the STEAM_0 to STEAM_1. Is that not required anymore?
Karower is offline
Peace-Maker
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany
Old 10-03-2012 , 10:47   Re: changes to cs:go steamID-universe - v1.4.10
Reply With Quote #2

That wasn't required at all. STEAM_X: is handled since l4d was released.
The only problem that was fixed in 1.4.10 was the unbanning from web using the wrong steamid for the "rcon removeid STEAM_.." command in csgo. Banning wasn't affected by the steam universe at all.
__________________
Peace-Maker is offline
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Segmentation Fault.
Old 10-03-2012 , 12:32   Re: changes to cs:go steamID-universe - v1.4.10
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace-Maker View Post
That wasn't required at all. STEAM_X: is handled since l4d was released.
The only problem that was fixed in 1.4.10 was the unbanning from web using the wrong steamid for the "rcon removeid STEAM_.." command in csgo. Banning wasn't affected by the steam universe at all.
Any chance at game independent storage using their 32bit or 64bit accountid?

Last edited by KyleS; 10-03-2012 at 12:32.
KyleS is offline
maxd
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2012
Old 10-04-2012 , 04:45   Re: changes to cs:go steamID-universe - v1.4.10
Reply With Quote #4

Is there a difference between using STEAM_0 and STEAM_1 prefix when adding admin access at SourceBans panel?
If an admin access is given to an ID with prefix 0, this access will work on GO servers as well which are in different universe (prefix 1)?
maxd is offline
ecca
Sexy Santa
Join Date: Jan 2011
Old 10-04-2012 , 16:41   Re: changes to cs:go steamID-universe - v1.4.10
Reply With Quote #5

Maxd, yes their is, STEAM_0 will give admin on the older source engine, as css or dods. But STEAM_1 will only give you access on newer source engine as csgo and l4d2.
ecca is offline
Peace-Maker
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany
Old 10-06-2012 , 14:58   Re: changes to cs:go steamID-universe - v1.4.10
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxd View Post
Is there a difference between using STEAM_0 and STEAM_1 prefix when adding admin access at SourceBans panel?
If an admin access is given to an ID with prefix 0, this access will work on GO servers as well which are in different universe (prefix 1)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecca View Post
Maxd, yes their is, STEAM_0 will give admin on the older source engine, as css or dods. But STEAM_1 will only give you access on newer source engine as csgo and l4d2.
No, either format will work. SourceMod ignores the first STEAM_X: part of the steamid to identify admins.
__________________
Peace-Maker is offline
ecca
Sexy Santa
Join Date: Jan 2011
Old 10-06-2012 , 18:50   Re: changes to cs:go steamID-universe - v1.4.10
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace-Maker View Post
No, either format will work. SourceMod ignores the first STEAM_X: part of the steamid to identify admins.
Well, it didn't do that for me. My admin's didn't get their rights when i took their steamid from steamidconverter. I was forced to edit the STEAM_1 to make hi's admin rights work on CS:GO
ecca is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode