Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

+/- Command

Post New Thread Reply   

MrPickles
Old 10-02-2022 , 17:51   +/- Command
Reply With Quote #1

Is it normal that when I create a command, for example +ultimate/-ultimate, the -ultimate command is being executed constantly? I tried it with a print and it is being executed several times
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2022 , 22:11   Re: +/- Command
Reply With Quote #2

What game are you playing? I just tested in Day of Defeat and it works as expected (the + command executes when I press the button and the - command executes when I release the button).

Did you properly bind your key and properly code your plugin? Write a test plugin like I did and make sure it works there to either rule in our out your primary plugin.
Old 10-02-2022 , 22:40   Re: +/- Command
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
What game are you playing? I just tested in Day of Defeat and it works as expected (the + command executes when I press the button and the - command executes when I release the button).

Did you properly bind your key and properly code your plugin? Write a test plugin like I did and make sure it works there to either rule in our out your primary plugin.
PHP Code:

public plugin_init()
{

register_clcmd"+ultimate""ChargeUltimate" );

register_clcmd"-ultimate""ReleaseUltimate" );
}
public 
ChargeUltimateClient )

client_printClientprint_chat"Charging" );
         return 
1;
}
public 
ReleaseUltimateClient )

client_printClientprint_chat"Releasing" ); 
         return 
1;

and the mod is Half Life 1, try with a print

edit: is called when you open the menu with escape and close it, i dont know why, it is normal?

Last edited by MrPickles; 10-02-2022 at 22:44.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-04-2022 , 00:50   Re: +/- Command
Reply With Quote #4

I don't play Half-Life 1 but I did get a server set up and downloaded the game and I was able to reproduce what you're talking about.

You should be able to add a workaround for this. Since you can never see the "-command" without first seeing the "+command", you can simply check in your "-command" if the "+command" was used just prior to the execution. In other words, you simply prevent multiple executions of the "-command" in a row.

To do this, simply keep track of the state for each player. At the end of your "+command", set it to true. In your "-command", only execute the code if the state is true. Then unconditionally set the state back to false at the end of the "-command".