Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Server Hosting

Post New Thread Reply   

EvolDay
Old 08-14-2008 , 23:34   Re: Server Hosting
Reply With Quote #11

I like velocity-servers.net

Also check out this site GSPTruth.com <-- its a review site.
soccdoodcss
Veteran Member
Old 08-15-2008 , 00:17   Re: Server Hosting
Reply With Quote #12

I use VeeServers.com. So does bmann_420.

128 fps - $.75/slot
256 fps - $1.00/slot
512 fps - $1.50/slot

Good prices and good servers IMO.
Send a message via AIM to soccdoodcss
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 08-15-2008 , 01:12   Re: Server Hosting
Reply With Quote #13

I have noticed Nuclearfallout has not advertised this "secret" website they offer for cheap servers. They (John and Tom, owners of NFo) probably will love and hate me for doing this. Even though Nuclearfallout in itself is expensive to some people and their budgets, their SUBSIDIARY discountgameservers.com is NOT expensive by any means. Come on now, 89 CENTS per slot?

Catch is, it comes with NOTHING except the core server, automated updates, automated services and all other "free" things NFo has (all their scripts).

It also does NOT come with any support (so no plugin help or anything that THEY are not at fault for).

But if you know how to run a game server, this can save you a decent chunk of money while giving NFo another customer .

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
soccdoodcss
Veteran Member
Old 08-15-2008 , 04:41   Re: Server Hosting
Reply With Quote #14

Not sure about their value servers, but Nuclear Fallout has the best servers I have ever played on.
P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 08-15-2008 , 14:29   Re: Server Hosting
Reply With Quote #15

We use Branzone.com for our CS 1.6 servers. I live in CO and I ping 20-60 in all of their 7 US locations. The only time I'm pinging over a hundred is at the UK server.

I don't see the company going bankrupt in no time if you're looking for a long term relationship.
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 08-15-2008 , 16:06   Re: Server Hosting
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccdoodcss View Post
Not sure about their value servers, but Nuclear Fallout has the best servers I have ever played on.
Their "value" servers run off the same machines and network their main NFo servers do (Value LA servers are only choice for LA though). They run excellent and even come with 250FPS server-side FPS.

But they save money by offering you absolutely nothing except the server itself...

Another host I've used who is pretty good for a low price, myinternetservices.com

I would not suggest using MyIS for any game that is constantly updated (like TF2 was/is) because you have to manually roll out any updates to your server so if you are like me, you forget for a weekend and your server goes from popular to empty because you didn't update it for 3 days after one came out :-\.

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
Derek
Old 08-15-2008 , 23:25   Re: Server Hosting
Reply With Quote #17

He is looking for a CHEAP host. If you dont want to spend much go with gameservers.com as I used them about 14 months ago.
Game Server Hosting
soccdoodcss
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2008 , 03:13   Re: Server Hosting
Reply With Quote #18

He was stating that you get the same quality with the 85 cents per slot as the $3+ per slot, it just isn't given any support except through email, which is limited.
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2008 , 05:53   Re: Server Hosting
Reply With Quote #19

Discountgameservers.com is definitely any player's best bet if they are looking for a cheap performance server that they can handle managing with NO support. Even through e-mail, DGS does not give any regular server support (like troubleshooting plugins/crashes/anything), only if their is a problem with something DGS did/made/caused/etc...

But for .89/slot, a seasoned game server owner would pounce on that deal like I've done .

I recommend AGAINST gameservers.com with my heart. They have very unreliable servers and absolutely horrid support (with ONE exception: Devicenull ).

Slmclarengt