Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.8) [11-Dec-2022]

Post New Thread Reply   

Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-13-2014 , 12:55   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.0) [08-Aug-2013]
Reply With Quote #21

Read the first post again, it explains how to change the weapons and what the commands do, the del command doesnt work really?
Old 05-20-2015 , 06:53   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.0) [08-Aug-2013]
Reply With Quote #22

I know this is going to pi$$ someone off. Old issues usually do. A little about myself. I am a 40 year plus veteran gamer of the tender age of 56. I know to help myself before asking for any assistance. I have been searching, what we don as the world-wide-web (a malicious combatant it is) to no avail. I have even taken the time, out of my soo buisy schedule, to read the forum threads (more like silk strings in the web) and found nothing. I have used this plugin before and it worked like a charm! Beautifully! Now, some 10 months later, and a new computer, It won't spark! It's a no-show! I can see it in the console (with all commands) but not in the game screen! The game, you say? Left 4 Dead 2, of, course! The plugin... This one! Gun Cabinet! I would be most appreciated if someone could shine a little light this way (not very large, you see, I am quite photo sensitive). All other plugins I am currently using work without a hitch! I am just dumb-founded on this.. "It be driving me stark-raving mad!". Thanks in advance! -BlueWarlock aka The Wolf
BlueWarlock
Old 05-20-2015 , 09:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.0) [08-Aug-2013]
Reply With Quote #23

P.S... I got it working again!! Ya! Yippee! Yowza! Yes! Problem was.. When I downloaded the .cfg it saved as a text (.txt) and did not function properly. Anyways, Thanks again, Mr.Silvers for a great mod! God bless you all!
Jose76Tron
Old 07-16-2015 , 22:47   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.0) [08-Aug-2013]
Reply With Quote #24

I have some problems with this plugin, sometimes sv_gun_cabinet_clear dont work it says 0/5

and when i create a cabinet it says 5/5

And the command sv_gun_cabinnet_del dont work!

Helps pls :c
Old 08-16-2015 , 23:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.0) [08-Aug-2013]
Reply With Quote #25

If l4d1 ammo autoshotgun 10, edit source:

PHP Code:
else if( strcmp(classname"weapon_autoshotgun") == )                                                ammo g_iAmmoAutoShot
Change on:

PHP Code:
else if( strcmp(classname"weapon_autoshotgun") == )                                                ammo g_iAmmoShotgun
Silvers
Old 11-20-2015 , 08:51   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.1) [20-Nov-2015]
Reply With Quote #26

Thanks Figa, fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose76Tron View Post
I have some problems with this plugin, sometimes sv_gun_cabinet_clear dont work it says 0/5

and when i create a cabinet it says 5/5

And the command sv_gun_cabinnet_del dont work!

Helps pls :c
Not sure whats wrong sorry. The Del command should work though, see the first post where it says "The entity is not fully solid, so to delete or adjust origin/angles you must either look at the side, top or center above the middle."
Old 03-04-2017 , 11:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.1) [20-Nov-2015]
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Thanks Figa, fixed.

Not sure whats wrong sorry. The Del command should work though, see the first post where it says "The entity is not fully solid, so to delete or adjust origin/angles you must either look at the side, top or center above the middle."
I updated this plugin with the ability to create temps (like in the other plugins by Silvers) using the same command structure

sm_gun_cabinet creates a temp cabinet
sm_gun_cabinet_save creates a cabinet and saves it

Also, while doing this I found that due to an issue with the indexes sometimes when deleting a temp for example, the counter would not get reduced. now this seems to be working properly. Try it and let me know

For Silvers's reference

I moved g_iSpawnCount--; line from the sm_gun_cabinet_del command to the RemoveSpawn function. Since the spawncount needs to be reduced anyways whenever you remove a spawn.

I also changed the order of the ResetPlugin function

PHP Code:
ResetPlugin(bool:all true)
{

g_bLoaded false;

g_iSpawnCount 0;

g_iRoundStart 0;

g_iPlayerSpawn 0;

if( 
all )
    for( new 
0MAX_SPAWNSi++ )

RemoveSpawn(i);

To..

PHP Code:
ResetPlugin(bool:all true)
{

if( 
all )
    for( new 
0MAX_SPAWNSi++ )

RemoveSpawn(i);

g_bLoaded false;

g_iSpawnCount 0;

g_iRoundStart 0;

g_iPlayerSpawn 0;

This was to avoid the SpawnCount to be reduced to below zero when reseting considering the new location of the g_iSpawnCount--; line.

I think this issue is present in other plugins as well. The g_iSpawnCount--; line being present only in the _del function is never executed when creating temps, since configindex for temps is always zero. Thats why I moved it there. I will try to update all your other spawning plugins if during the week to avoid this If there arent any issues with this change.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_gun_cabinety.sp - 475 views - 62.1 KB)

Last edited by YoNer; 03-09-2017 at 20:54. Reason: Removed .smx as per Silvers' request
Silvers
Old 04-28-2017 , 10:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.1) [20-Nov-2015]
Reply With Quote #28

Thanks, but I think the temp things are supposed to have index 0 because otherwise it will conflict with the config indexes. I can't remember. This I believe was one of the reasons I didn't support temp objects. As you may know the majority of my plugins do support temp objects. I don't think they have issues with temp/saved objects and indexes when deleting. I tested that stuff a whole lot back in the day.
Old 04-21-2018 , 14:03   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.1) [20-Nov-2015]
Reply With Quote #29

Doesn't work for me.

] sm_gun_cabinet
[Gun Cabinet] Commands may only be used in-game on a dedicated server..

Why do I get this message? I have z flag
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2018 , 16:45   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.1) [20-Nov-2015]
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelnieves2012 View Post
Doesn't work for me.

] sm_gun_cabinet
[Gun Cabinet] Commands may only be used in-game on a dedicated server..

Why do I get this message? I have z flag
I'm guessing you're hosting from a listen/local server? If so, you'll have to type the command in chat since the console is considered as the server console.

Type "/gun_cabinet" in chat or bind "say /gun_cabinet" to a key.

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 04-21-2018 at 16:46.