Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)

Post New Thread Reply   

Jay Dogg
Old 03-09-2009 , 21:08   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #121

UPDATED RADIALMENU'S FOR THIS PLUG
Ok I have made cool radialmenu's for this plugin. Just save the RadialMenu.txt to your pc and copy and paste it over the one in your
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\scripts
here is the code in side the text file
Code:
//-----------Made by DvS Radar_[LYRS] for grandwazir's All4Dead plugin-------------
	"a4d_zombie_spawner,Survivor,Alive"
	{
		"Center"
		{
			"command"	"cancel"
			"text"		"cancel"
		}
		"North"
		{
			"command"	"a4d_spawn_infected mob"
			"text"	    "Mob"
		}
		"NorthEast"
		{
			"command"	"a4d_enable_auto_placement 0"
			"text"	    "Spawn at CrossHair"
		}
		"East"
		{
			"command"	"a4d_enable_auto_placement 1"
			"text"	    "Spawn Out of Sight"
		}
		"SouthEast"
		{
			"command"	"a4d_spawn_infected witch"
			"text"	    "Witch"
		}
		"South"
		{
			"command"	"a4d_spawn_infected tank"
			"text"	    "Tank"
		}
		"SouthWest"
		{
			"command"	"a4d_spawn_infected smoker|"
			"text"	    "Smoker "
		}
		"West"
		{
			"command"	"a4d_spawn_infected boomer"
			"text"	    "Boomer"
		}
		"NorthWest"
		{
			"command"	"a4d_spawn_infected hunter"
			"text"	    "Hunter"
		}
	}

//-----------Made by DvS Radar_[LYRS] for grandwazir's All4Dead plugin-------------
	"a4d_item_spawner,Survivor,Alive"
	{
		"Center"
		{
			"command"	"a4d_spawn_item pain_pills"
			"text"		"Pain Pills"
		}
		"North"
		{
			"command"	"a4d_spawn_item first_aid_kit"
			"text"	    "Medkit"
		}
		"NorthEast"
		{
			"command"	"a4d_spawn_item pipe_bomb"
			"text"	    "Pipe Bomb"
		}
		"East"
		{
			"command"	"a4d_spawn_item molotov"
			"text"	    "Molotov"
		}
		"SouthEast"
		{
			"command"	"a4d_spawn_item gascan"
			"text"	    "Gascan"
		}
		"South"
		{
			"command"	"a4d_spawn_item pistol"
			"text"	    "Pistols"
		}
		"SouthWest"
		{
			"command"	"a4d_spawn_weapon rifle"
			"text"	    "M-16"
		}
		"West"
		{
			"command"	"a4d_spawn_weapon hunting_rifle"
			"text"	    "Hunting Rifle"
		}
		"NorthWest"
		{
			"command"	"a4d_spawn_weapon autoshotgun"
			"text"	    "Auto Shotgun"
		}
	}
ATTENTION!!! FOR THIS TO WORK YOU NEED TO
In Console type
bind "KEY_HERE" "+mouse_menu a4d_zombie_spawner"
I used z so I in console I typed bind z "+mouse_menu a4d_zombie_spawner"
bind "KEY_HERE" "+mouse_menu a4d_item_spawner"
I used x so I in console I typed bind x "+mouse_menu a4d_item_spawner"

P.S. I DIDNT UP DATE THE MENU ATTACHED IMAGES, I used the ones from my old post =)

And last if anyone knows how to make a RadialMenu that works when you are a zombie please please let me know
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	menu_1.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	38568   Click image for larger version

Name:	menu_2.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	38569  
Attached Files
File Type: txt RadialMenu.txt (4.3 KB, 204 views)

Last edited by Jay Dogg; 03-09-2009 at 21:17.
Jay Dogg
Old 03-09-2009 , 21:16   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #122

Hey grandwazir I wanted know... and I know you are busy with a new job and all but next up date could you add spawn minigun? There is a new plug to just spawn the minigun but its really really buggy and even if it did work I think it would still be a great addon to your plug. Thanks and keep up the hard work.

P.S. Feel free to add the RadialMenu to your main post if you want.

Last edited by Jay Dogg; 03-10-2009 at 15:22.
SMudgeh
Old 03-10-2009 , 19:14   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandwazir View Post
I am considering adding an option to All4Dead in the next version which will allow you to set a minimum and a maximum amount of tanks and witches to spawn a map. The spawning itself would be governed by random timers rather than flow control. Would this do what you wanted?
We've just had the same issue this is referring to. It went like this:

Team A
1 tank, 1 witch - variables set to spawn both next round

Team B
0 tank, 4 witches

Same thing happened for all other rounds - so some sort of count will be needed. Looks like the director_force_witch takes priority over the tank equivalent, but also goes nuts spawning them instead of just doing one, which is odd. Some sort of event listener for a witch, then disabling the variable should do the trick if that's possible?
grandwazir
Old 03-14-2009 , 12:26   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #124

There is an event for when a witch spawns and I'll add auto disabling for 1.5.0. It was one of the ways I was considering to solve this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMudgeh View Post
We've just had the same issue this is referring to.
Same thing happened for all other rounds - so some sort of count will be needed. Looks like the director_force_witch takes priority over the tank equivalent, but also goes nuts spawning them instead of just doing one, which is odd. Some sort of event listener for a witch, then disabling the variable should do the trick if that's possible?
Old 03-14-2009 , 12:27   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dogg View Post
Hey grandwazir I wanted know... and I know you are busy with a new job and all but next up date could you add spawn minigun? There is a new plug to just spawn the minigun but its really really buggy and even if it did work I think it would still be a great addon to your plug. Thanks and keep up the hard work.

P.S. Feel free to add the RadialMenu to your main post if you want.
I'll have a look at how hard it is to do. Now I finally have internet access again I'll have a look at updating the mod in the upcoming weeks. I'll add the RadialMenu plugin to the main post once I've had a chance to try it myself. Thanks for being patient!
Old 03-14-2009 , 13:38   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #126

Hey Grandwazir, do you have any details regarding the boss balancing on non-Normal difficulties? I'm not too concerned with placement, but enforcing the same amount of each boss would prevent a lot of ragequits on my advanced server

If that's covered by your future updates (the amount setting mentioned earlier, etc) then I'll kick back and wait.
Teraku
Old 03-17-2009 , 11:22   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #127

Nice plugin, but could you please update it so that spawning an infected spawns it where you aim just like z_spawn instead of letting the director decide like z_spawn auto?
ApocalypseDan
Old 03-18-2009 , 10:17   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #128

Love this plugin runs on my 3 servers. I have noticed that you have removed the setting that allows you to leave it the way you set it up now everytime i go in the server i have to add the zombies to the hords and select that a tank spawns every round an so on and so on can you please put but the option to leve it until the server is reset or you go in to the admin menu and reset to default.
many Thanks Apoc-D
But Please keep It Up Love Your Work
Old 03-18-2009 , 19:43   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #129

Ok I have been working on this since january.

Tank spawns are still randomized for DA and DT. I have tried putting in various source mod snap shots and some seem to make them identical for like a few levels then they go completely off the wall.

One thing I found very odd is that on BH coop and NM coop if you are running it on forced versus like you would DA and DT THE TANKS ARE IDENTICAL! How the hell!

Those maps are supposed to be untouched just like dead air an death toll would be so why the hell do they get indentical spawns and the other two dont ?

I tried various other mods to force the tanks in the same spots everything. Various plugins all kinds of stuff man. I have put 6-7 hours a day in on this since January, the minute I think I get it an load the next level they are random again and I find out it was just luck they were int he same spot.

I even tried manaully added the cvars for the tank that I dug out of the cal plugin an config files =]

They were supposed to make the tanks spawn x amount of yards in, an gaurntee a spawn etc.

I do have the cvar that will gaurntee a spawn for a witch and a tank, but they are still randomly placed. I know they made adjustments to make them a little bit more random but.

Anyone got any ideas here? I added cvars, tried all kinds of things (used the sm_cvar command on them.

I did fix the dead air bugs by using this method so it does work, if someone knew the cvar to make the tank spawn the same as the first map that would do the trick then i could add it manually.

I have been at this since January since i started doing dead air. Does anyone have any freaking clue ? Im at my witts end if wasted so much dam time on this before I posted because I didn't want to bother anyone.

Other people are having the same issue as well I talk to other server owners and no one can figure this out. As Said I tried reverse engerining the cal cfg's cvars even though I enter them, theyre still randomized. One team will sometimes get a tank an the other wont. Sometimes theyll get it at the start an the other team gets it at the safe house.

Could someone make a dam plugin for this ? =[ Maybe need a list of hidden cvars? Please I beg you HELP

BTW, why the hell would blood harvest single player an NM single player BOTH spawn tanks correctly!!! When technically theyre supposed to not have been touched for versus mode. Just like DA and DT so why do 2 maps do it an the other two dont! = WHen all forced on versus mode. THats what has me totally stumped.
MacGyver
Old 03-19-2009 , 11:22   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #130

I have a quick question reguarding this AWSOME PLUGIN!

When I am in server, it seems that I have to type the following in the console ON EVERY MAP LOAD, before I spawn anything, or it will show up to all players.....

set a4d_notify_players to 0

Please excuse my lack of knowledge, but is there somewhere that I can put this so that it will PERMANENTLY TURN OFF all notifications FOREVER? Preventing me from ever having to remember to type the above command in game to turn notifications off again? Thanks for your help, and GREAT WORK!