Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[HLDS] FastDL doesn't seem to work, namely with WAD files.

Post New Thread Reply   

AlphaBlaster
Old 07-21-2022 , 00:49   [HLDS] FastDL doesn't seem to work, namely with WAD files.
Reply With Quote #1

Today I set up a TFC server. I've done it before and have had the downloadurl work before, but I must be forgetting something because my server refuses to properly utilize it.

Code:
sv_downloadurl "http://www.redchanitsrcds.xyz/fastdl/tfc/"
I'm pretty sure when I connect to the server and change to a custom map my client is actually receiving the file from the server directly rather than the FastDL, because it doesn't have the .bz2 suffix when all of my maps and wads on the FTP server are .bz2-ified. When I change the map to one which requires a .wad file to access eg. 4fort or dmc_e1m2, the map will download (Albeit slowly and as a .bsp) but the .wad file will not, resulting in my client crashing.

I've tried it with and without the http, the / at the end, the directory was originally named goldsrc and I changed it to tfc, none of these worked.

I think I might need to make a downloadlist or whatever it's called per map for the required assets but I forgot how to do that and googling it has been no help, since there's almost no documentation on hlds online anymore.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by AlphaBlaster; 07-21-2022 at 00:49.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-21-2022 , 03:13   Re: [HLDS] FastDL doesn't seem to work, namely with WAD files.
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBlaster View Post
I think I might need to make a downloadlist or whatever it's called per map for the required assets but I forgot how to do that and googling it has been no help, since there's almost no documentation on hlds online anymore.
That would be the .res file. There is a program called ResGen out there to generate this file. I recommend using it with the -b option specifying the mod-specific RFA file.