Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

Groven
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-10-2022 , 12:43   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #591

I set it to sv_maxplayers 20 but only 8 survivors can join?

Last edited by Groven; 08-10-2022 at 14:48.
zaviier
Old 09-13-2022 , 10:30   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #592

btw, is this plugin still active?
i'm looking for multi slot alternative
Shadowysn
Old 09-13-2022 , 10:49   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #593

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaviier View Post
btw, is this plugin still active?
i'm looking for multi slot alternative
Sorta. I still use ABM as my main survivor/infected manager.
Since the TLS update the main ABM version in the first post is outdated and unstable.
I made a fork of it for post-TLS.

Steam profile, where I game, obviously.
Youtube channel, where I do Stick Death Maze animations and some other stuff.
no plugin requests, sorry

My Plugins:
-search list-
Modified Plugins:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Shadowysn
Old 09-13-2022 , 10:59   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative 0.1.98
Reply With Quote #594

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceegar1 View Post
To get ABM's AutoModel feature to work, put abm_automodel 1 in your abm.cfg and put sm_cvar abm_automodel 0 in your server.cfg
What's stopping you from just setting abm_automodel to 1 and then leaving it like that?

Last edited by Shadowysn; 09-13-2022 at 11:00.
zaviier
Old 09-14-2022 , 04:39   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowysn View Post
Since the TLS update the main ABM version in the first post is outdated and unstable.
cool bro, work thanks..
McRi0t
Old 11-13-2022 , 16:56   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #596

Trying to find information regarding Cvar:

// 5+ survivor healing item
// -
// Default: ""
abm_healitem ""

not sure what values I can add to this or what it does exactly?

thought maybe I could do this...

abm_healitem "first_aid_kit"

so maybe everyone 5+ gets a first aid kit on spawn?
problem I'm having is theirs never enough kits to go around at the start of each map. Maybe another plugin can manage this?
SpannerV2
Old 07-10-2023 , 19:21   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #597

Quote:
I am using your updated plugin here but i just don't know how to setup a specific setting.
My server has 5 slots available; however, when there is 4 players connected, i try to join from "Join a Steam Group Server" and/or by IP and it doesnt let me connect, says full. When trying so from Group Page, it shows 4/4. How do i set this to show as 4/5 allowing me to join as spectator or Special Infected? I only want a max of 4 survivors. This is for campaign/coop, not versus.

Last edited by SpannerV2; 07-10-2023 at 19:24. Reason: Edited to signify versus/coop
Shadowysn
Old 07-10-2023 , 23:15   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #598

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpannerV2 View Post
I am using your updated plugin here but i just don't know how to setup a specific setting.
My server has 5 slots available; however, when there is 4 players connected, i try to join from "Join a Steam Group Server" and/or by IP and it doesnt let me connect, says full. When trying so from Group Page, it shows 4/4. How do i set this to show as 4/5 allowing me to join as spectator or Special Infected? I only want a max of 4 survivors. This is for campaign/coop, not versus.
ABM manages the teams and bots/players but it doesn't focus or have the functionality to actually open up player slots that dictates which amount of actual players the server lets in.

Opening more than 4 slots was already done by an older extension called L4DToolz. This link is a version maintained by someone else since the original author's release and should work with post-TLS L4D2.
There is an alternative to L4DToolz also made by the maintainer of the version I linked, which is the Left 4 Dead Slots plugin. However, this plugin can only open up to 18 slots while the extension can open 32.

Last edited by Shadowysn; 07-10-2023 at 23:16.
SpannerV2
Old 07-12-2023 , 16:54   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #599

Quote:
ABM manages the teams and bots/players but it doesn't focus or have the functionality to actually open up player slots that dictates which amount of actual players the server lets in.

Opening more than 4 slots was already done by an older extension called L4DToolz. This link is a version maintained by someone else since the original author's release and should work with post-TLS L4D2.
There is an alternative to L4DToolz also made by the maintainer of the version I linked, which is the Left 4 Dead Slots plugin. However, this plugin can only open up to 18 slots while the extension can open 32.
Basically saying that i should edit L4DToolZ cause that is what im using to allow 5 slots but in game screen only shows and allows for only 4/4 instead of 4/5. Should change it to 32 and use ABM to edit the amount of players per team while leaving the rest as spectators?
xcd222
Old 07-21-2023 , 05:00   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #600

Hello, recently maybe like 3 months ago ABM keeps crashing if a new survivor spawns. Happens to all maps and it really happens as soon a new player joins.