Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CSGO] [Zombie Escape / Mod] Penetration bullets improvement


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author Message
Mercy ak Judge
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2016
Old 09-25-2016 , 18:41   [CSGO] [Zombie Escape / Mod] Penetration bullets improvement
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,
I'm an owner of a Zombie escape server and i have an idea that might maybe help all Zombie Escape / Mod server's owners.

So, all started with an hitbox issue that i had on a zombie model, by trying to fix it, an idea came to me.
The idea is pretty simple, I figured that the most laggs that we have on the ZE mod is due to the penetration-bullet's calculation.
Indeed when you shoot though a mate (with the sv_penetration_type 0) the server has to calculate the path of the bullet in every hitboxs.
So, by decompiling humans player models and changing the hitboxs information. The server now only needs to calculate the zombies hitboxs. And of course you can't just delete the hitboxs or it will be autogenerated.

So, for my humans models i'm using that hitboxs :
$hbox 6 "ankle_L" -2.50 -3.80 -2.80 10.40 -0.20 2.00 0.00 24.10 0.00 -1.00
$hbox 7 "ankle_R" -10.40 0.30 -2.00 2.30 4.00 2.80 0.00 24.50 0.00 -1.00

By only keeping foots it prevent to do useless calculation for your server.
And of course for those who are wondering but for the knife, how is it working ?
Well, I'm sure of one thing, the knife is not using the hitboxs to do damage, since it's the same amount of damage where ever you hit. I think the knife hit is linked to the bones.

One last thing, you don't need to put those new models in the fast dl side, the hitbox is server sidded, so players don't have to download it again.

If it's needed i will do a short and simple tutorial to show how to do it.
I hope it will help the Zombie Escape / Mod community

PS : Of course if you want to reduce considerately the lagg due to the penetration, you could turn the sv_penetration_type to 1, but you will certainly need to edit some configs such as the knockback etc. (It will needs some tests).

Last edited by Mercy ak Judge; 10-06-2016 at 18:41.
Mercy ak Judge is offline
Mercy ak Judge
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2016
Old 10-02-2016 , 12:32   Re: [CSGO] [Zombie Escape / Mod] Penetration bullets improvement
Reply With Quote #2

Hi,
I'm glad to announce that we've run some tests on the server Steam-Gamers (Zombie Escape) with sv_penetration_type 0 and managed to reduce lag on a full server by 30 to 50%

Last edited by Mercy ak Judge; 10-02-2016 at 12:33.
Mercy ak Judge is offline
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: BlackMarke7
Old 10-04-2016 , 23:17   Re: [CSGO] [Zombie Escape / Mod] Penetration bullets improvement
Reply With Quote #3

if you want to do this wouldn't you need to recompile all the models?
__________________
8guawong is offline
Mercy ak Judge
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2016
Old 10-05-2016 , 07:16   Re: [CSGO] [Zombie Escape / Mod] Penetration bullets improvement
Reply With Quote #4

Hi,
Yes, you will need to decompile the model. Open the .qc, edit the hitboxs and then recompile the model.
Mercy ak Judge is offline
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: BlackMarke7
Old 10-05-2016 , 09:00   Re: [CSGO] [Zombie Escape / Mod] Penetration bullets improvement
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy ak Judge View Post
Hi,
Yes, you will need to decompile the model. Open the .qc, edit the hitboxs and then recompile the model.
thanks just as i expected
so users need to d/l these new models as well right?
__________________
8guawong is offline
Cooky
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 127.0.0.1
Old 10-05-2016 , 09:34   Re: [CSGO] [Zombie Escape / Mod] Penetration bullets improvement
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8guawong View Post
thanks just as i expected
so users need to d/l these new models as well right?
Yes! Just place them into a new folder.
Cooky is offline
godmode
New Member
Join Date: Oct 2016
Old 10-06-2016 , 07:33   Re: [CSGO] [Zombie Escape / Mod] Penetration bullets improvement
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy ak Judge View Post
Hi,
I'm an owner of a Zombie escape server and i have an idea that might maybe help all Zombie Escape / Mod server's owners.

So, all started with an hitbox issue that i had on a zombie model, by trying to fix it, an idea came to me.
The idea is pretty simple, I figured that the most laggs that we have on the ZE mod is due to the penetration-bullet's calculation.
Indeed when you shoot though a mate (with the sv_penetration_type 0) the server has to calculate the path of the bullet in every hitboxs.
So, by decompiling humans player models and changing the hitboxs information. The server now only needs to calculate the zombies hitboxs. And of course you can't just delete the hitboxs or it will be autogenerated.

So, for my humans models i'm using that hitboxs :
$hbox 6 "ankle_L" -2.50 -3.80 -2.80 10.40 -0.20 2.00 0.00 24.10 0.00 -1.00
$hbox 7 "ankle_R" -10.40 0.30 -2.00 2.30 4.00 2.80 0.00 24.50 0.00 -1.00

By only keeping foots it prevent to do useless calculation for your server.
And of course for those who are wondering but for the knife, how is it working ?
Well, I'm sure of one thing, the knife is not using the hitboxs to do damage, since it's the same amount of damage where ever you hit. I think the knife hit is linked to the bones.
One last thing, you don't need to put those new models in the fast dl side, the hitbox is server sidded, so players don't have to download it again.

If it's needed i will do a short and simple tutorial to show how to do it.
I hope it will help the Zombie Escape / Mod community

PS : Of course if you want to reduce considerately the lagg due to the penetration, you could turn the sv_penetration_type to 1, but you will certainly need to edit some configs such as the knockback etc. (It will needs some tests).
I tried to remove HITBOXS, and it really works

Last edited by godmode; 10-06-2016 at 07:33.
godmode is offline
LikeZM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2013
Old 10-06-2016 , 09:08   Re: [CSGO] [Zombie Escape / Mod] Penetration bullets improvement
Reply With Quote #8

Its works! Thx.

Spoiler
LikeZM is offline
Cooky
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 127.0.0.1
Old 10-06-2016 , 10:01   Re: [CSGO] [Zombie Escape / Mod] Penetration bullets improvement
Reply With Quote #9

Nice.... glad to help you out with this annoying "lag" thing after so many months...
Cooky is offline
Mercy ak Judge
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2016
Old 10-06-2016 , 12:37   Re: [CSGO] [Zombie Escape / Mod] Penetration bullets improvement
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8guawong View Post
thanks just as i expected
so users need to d/l these new models as well right?
Nope, actualy players don't need to download it again, hitboxs information are server sided. It's only used by the server. But anyway as cooky said you can put the mdl into a new folder to make players download it again
Mercy ak Judge is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:50.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode