Sadly there are a bunch of bad actors running around trying to give mod teams and other players a bad time by botting, spamming or using illegal image material for ingame sprays. While there is no good way to completely prevent this from happening, there is hope in making it so tedious for these people that they simply don't bother any further.
This plugin aims to automate some legitimacy checks usually performed on players for SourceMod plugins. The provided API can be used by other plugins to limit features unless certain criteria are met. For example using chat or sprays could be limited until a certain amount of time was spent on the server.
Server moderators can also check a players trust flags with /checktrust player
TrustFlags and TrustLevel
The following trust flags are possible:
- Server Playtime (t) playtime on server(network)
- Premium (f) is not using a free2play account (only tf2 and csgo)
- Donor (d) player is donor / has spent money on the server
- Profile Public (p) is community profile public
- Profile Setup (s) is community profile set up
- Profile Level (l) community profile level
- Profile Gametime (g) total playtime for the game
- Profile Age (o) it is not a new account
- Profile PoCBadge (b) level for pillar of community badge
- Vac Bans (v) has/had no VAC bans on record
- Economy/Trade Banned (e) is currently not banned from trading
- SBPP Game Bans (a) has no more than the specified amount of SBPP game bans
- SBPP Comm Bans (c) has no more than the specified amount of SBPP comm bans
The TrustLevel is simply the sum of all trust flags a player has (currently max 13)
Other plugins might offer you to customize the required trust flags similar to admin flag strings.
The format is as follows: RRR+TTTn
For a client to be trusted to do an action, all R
flag chars from the list above have to be set.
Additionally the client needs all n
flag of the optional group of T
Lastly you can use an asterisk (*
) to mean all trust flags.
Both sides are optional, meaning you don't have to put required or optional flags.
- tg+*2 requires the player to have both the configured server time and global game playtime, in addition to two more trust flags
- pso1 only requires one of: public profile, profile setup or not-new profile
- *+*11 requires all flags in the first part, the +*11 has no effect
- fd requires the player to be donor and not be free to play
- pf+tg1 requires a public profile and non-f2p account, as well as one of the two playtime requirements
Please keep in mind that depending on the setup, the TrustLevel might never exceed 2 (td
Commands and Config
Print a report of known values for the specified player with /checktrust player
. This command requires the generic admin flag.
Reload all players trust values with /reload_playertrust
. This is an administrative command and requires the ban flag (same flag as /reloadadmins
The config is automatically generated in cfg/sourcemod/plugin.trustfactor.cfg
Only one of sm_trustfactor_donorgroup
is required for the donator flag to be set. The former would be the name of the admin group to check, the latter would be a regular admin flag.
requires the specified minimum amount of playtime account wide for the game in hours. If you set this to 0 it's ignored and the flag will always pass.
requires the specified minimum amount of playtime on the server or server network. If you set this to 0 it's ignored and the flag will always pass.
The playtime value is store as client preference (same as !settings). Tipp: You can synchronize the client preferences (and playtime) between servers by changing the clientprefs
entry in database.cfg
requires the Pillar of Community Badge to have at least the specified level before it counts as trusted. If you set this to 0 it's ignored and the flag will always pass. If you did not enable sm_trustfactor_checksteamlvl
it's recommended to set this to 0.
requires the players profile to have at least the specified steam level for this flag to be set. If you set this to 0 it's ignored and the flag will always pass. If you did not enable sm_trustfactor_checksteamlvl
it's recommended to set this to 0.
In order for the plugin to check the Profile flags, you need to set up the PHP script for Steams WebAPI. More information on how to get an API Key can be found here (a User Key is enough) https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/webapi_overview/auth
After you put the tfcache.php onto your web server (you can rename it if you want), you have to edit it using a text editor.
At the top, put in your API-Key and database configuration, then safe it.
$config = [
'apikey' => 'steam web api key',
'database' => 'database name',
'username' => 'db login user',
'password' => 'db login password',
'host' => 'db host address'
After that is done, you have to go into the plugins configuration and put in the URL for the PHP script and enable the data groups you want to be checked.
sm_trustfactor_checkgametime "1" // -> will fetch account's game playtime
sm_trustfactor_checkprofile "1" // -> will fetch profile public, profile set up, fresh account
sm_trustfactor_checksteamlvl "1" // -> will fetch community level, badge level
sm_trustfactor_checkbans "1" // -> will fetch vac and economy ban status
The PHP script will cache player data for 12 hours, so if a player for example barely does not have enough game time, they will have to wait another 12 hours before that value is checked again. If certain checks are not enabled, the associated trust factors will appear as failed to the plugin. This is done also, so you're not exhausting your 100000 request/day limit any time soon.
You can check players trust levels actively or by callbacks. The trust level is only available for players (not bots) and only after OnClientTrustFactorLoaded
. You can also check that with IsClientTrustFactorLoaded
. If a players TrustFactor changes throughout them playing, you will get OnClientTrustFactorChanged
The recommended way to check a player trust level is the following:
- During plugin setup, create a TrustCondition for the action you want to require trust
- Load it from a ConVar with TrustCondition.Parse(value)
- Check a players trust for the action using TrustCondition.Test(client)